Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

No More NCAA Football for EA Sports

Started by Justin, July 17, 2013, 04:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

So the question is do they continue the game with somebody like 2K or do they stop altogether?

J-Reb

Quote from: JustinP on July 17, 2013, 04:58:06 PM
So the question is do they continue the game with somebody like 2K or do they stop altogether?

Not unless 2K wants to pony up a large amount of money to pay players for their likeness.

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on July 17, 2013, 04:58:06 PM

They will just start making a generic college football game.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Crazy Kyd

I don't play the college games that often but this is dumb. I haven't liked the way how the NCAA have been running things over the last few years.

I would think 2k would stick around and see if the NFL license becomes available. But they could make a pretty sweet college game if they wanted to.

Cory

Im happy and pissed.

PISSED:

A) NCAA is ALWAYS a better game than Madden. The gameplay is always the most current and they take bigger risks with it. NCAA Football 14 is the best football game ive played since NFL 2K5...maybe even better than that.

B) No more roster imports. A huge appeal to me is bringing my created player and college rosters from NCAA to Madden. With no NCAA, this feature will be gone and Madden loses a lot of appeal from me.

HAPPY:

A) 2K will definatly jump back into the football market and get the rights. Theres too much money to let this franchise fall off the planet. The no importing to Madden will suck, but a 2K football game will be unreal.

B) Changes? If EA and NCAA broke up, maybe we can look forward to NFL 2K15. EA is garbage, 2K is always a better game.....so if we can get both college and pro from 2Ksports, it'd be unreal.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Hondo

From what I've seen, this is more or less in response to Ed O'Bannon's lawsuit against the NCAA. My guess is they won't license their brand to anyone until it all blows over/gets settled out of court.

I also heard that the licensing deal from the NCAA does NOT include individual schools, who all do their own licensing deals. So the EA Crew can still make a college football game with Bama and Oregon and Ohio State and Penn State, et al. without repercussion. The only thing they really CAN'T do is use the NCAA name or their awards or their bowls.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on July 17, 2013, 10:00:38 PM
From what I've seen, this is more or less in response to Ed O'Bannon's lawsuit against the NCAA. My guess is they won't license their brand to anyone until it all blows over/gets settled out of court.

I also heard that the licensing deal from the NCAA does NOT include individual schools, who all do their own licensing deals. So the EA Crew can still make a college football game with Bama and Oregon and Ohio State and Penn State, et al. without repercussion. The only thing they really CAN'T do is use the NCAA name or their awards or their bowls.

Ed O'Bannon...he's just mad he couldn't cut it in the pros.

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: JackHondo on July 17, 2013, 10:00:38 PM

After I read this yesterday, it makes a little more sense that they could still make the game. It is good for EA as well, even though the game won't be truly "authentic."