News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

JUDGE! / CPU Help

Started by Cory, September 22, 2014, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Hey Mark......or anyone else who knows computers.

So, I have a bit of extra money and I think im going to need to invest into my CPU to make it run more efficiently for my part-time job (YouTube).

What I do is I capture video games through a capture card that runs through my USB, as well as at the same time capture video with a webcam (too, through USB) and tho it records fine, my computer ALWAYS crashes when I tell both programs to stop recording.

So what would I need to do to upgrade my PC / just fix this issue? I was going to bring it into the nerdsquad team but I didnt want them trying to pull a "girl at the mechanic shop" with me and be like "yeah, you got too much unicorn piss in your harddrive, need these $700 to make it work again" bullshit.

Here are the specs of my computer, any upgrades or anything would be awesome to know about that would help the capturing / editing process.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02752442-24%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&ac.admitted=1411407584350.876444892.492883150

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mike Powers

I have no idea how to help. I wanted you to know I laughed my ass off at the unicorn piss line. Carry on.

Judge

Are you trying to do a live stream?  Or let's plays?  Because if you're doing an LP, what those guys will do is capture the video with the computer, then use a separate video camera to record themselves talking (not tied to the computer) then import that video and edit it into the video of you playing.   Unless you use something like Twitch, you can't capture all in one.

At least as far as I know.  I could be fuck all wrong but that's my guess as how the people on youtube do it.

Cory

Quote from: Judge on September 22, 2014, 02:46:08 PM
Are you trying to do a live stream?  Or let's plays?  Because if you're doing an LP, what those guys will do is capture the video with the computer, then use a separate video camera to record themselves talking (not tied to the computer) then import that video and edit it into the video of you playing.   Unless you use something like Twitch, you can't capture all in one.

At least as far as I know.  I could be fuck all wrong but that's my guess as how the people on youtube do it.

Yeah, a bit of both actually. For some, I try to record at the same time to get live reactions, and others I can edit it in.

Like It works to capture both at the same time and I can get both video files, but as soon as I complete it my computer crashes (I assume it cant handle both or something, like both the programs dont respond and I have to hard restart) then after the re-start I can edit the files.

Cory

...also sometimes my computer cant handle the base capture program and crashes it, making me have to restart it. Its almost like a gamble whether itll work or ill have to end the program from task manager and try again./