News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Diablo 3 updates

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, September 23, 2014, 05:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

When I first played D3, I was very disappointed and thought I'd never play it again. To be delight, I have heard it has been updated+patched to shit and has turned from being crappy to awesome.

I was wondering if anyone had given it a go since the latest expansion/patches?

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Tezmission Black

I've not played since the beginning and it was my first Diablo game ever and honestly when I played it, I was kinda bored, I'm hoping if I do go back that it's better.

Krazy

The rare loot is easier to get since the patch. I haven't gotten the expansion pack since I lost my job. So, I have no clue about it but have heard positive things about the updates.

Stoner

Here are some big changes they've made since the expansion came out.

For one, there is a new character, the Crusader.  They wanted a second Strength-based character, so this is him.  He has a LOT of powerful skills and a few builds that are viable even at the highest difficulty.

Not only that but, as mentioned, loot is so much better now.  They removed the Auction House so raised the drop rate of legendary items exponentially.  It is much easier to go out and farm hordes of enemies and know you're going to come back with something for your troubles.

A big complaint about the game before the expansion was that in order to re-do missions you had to basically reset your whole progress back to a certain point, which was tedious.  So what they've done is made Adventure Mode.  After you have beaten the whole game(including the entire new chapter added with the expansion)you can turn this mode on.  You can teleport between any of the main Hub cites in the game and in each chapter there will be 5 bounties.  These can be anything from go kill a certain boss monster to go do this mini-quest in the area, or whatever.  After you have completed 5 bounties in any one act you talk to Tyreal and he gives you a cache that has a bunch of items in it, including sometimes legendary items you can only get this way.

The other thing you get for doing bounties and getting caches are Rift Keys.  You use 5 of these keys and it opens up a rift.  Inside the rift you kill as many monsters as possible before going to the next level and so on.  After you have killed a certain number of monsters(there is a progress bar telling you) the Rift Boss will show up.  Kill him and you get a whole bunch of loot.

They recently added a thing called Greater Rifts.  I haven't done them yet(been playing some other games)but the gist is you kill all the enemies on the floor you are on as fast as possible, then a rift boss will show up.  If you kill him fast enough you can go to the next level of the rift, where the enemies will be tougher but the loot will be better.  So far people can get to about Rift Level 44ish before they start getting 1-hit by everything, but its still pretty exciting.

At the same time they added Greater Rifts, they added Season Mode.  In the normal game any gold you get or artisans you've leveled up are done so across all your characters, whether they be level 1 or 70.  In Season mode, these characters are kept separate from your non-season characters, so its like starting the game fresh all over again.  The upside to this is there is new loot and better drops from monsters that you can only get in Season Mode for now.  After the season is over those characters and new legendaries will become normal again and Season 2 will start with its own set of characters as well as legendaries that are only obtainable during season 2.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

! JDM The Professional !

Thanks for such a detailed report Stoner. You're a legend!!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Stoner

Its honestly a lot more fun than it was at release.  If you're on the fence about it, its worth giving it a shot.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

! JDM The Professional !

Anybody keen to play some time?? :D

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs