News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Make Your Own Flash-Based Site...Without Flash?

Started by Alex Smiley, May 17, 2009, 04:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

http://www.wix.com

Self-explanatory, methinks. Wix.com allows you to use one of several templates (or go from scratch) to create your own Flash-based website without the need for Flash.

Web designers that have been helping people get Flash sites for a pretty penny might get pissed over this. If you'll excuse me, I have a website to make for The Alexir...once I get some more music out, LOL.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Judge

Flash websites are the bane of existance, and not for just crappy design.

Flash has no facilities for the visual impared to use screen readers on them.  If you don't have any actual text on your page, then they have no way of navigating your site.

And by actual text, I mean text that you can click and drag, highlight and do copy.  Like the Wix website, the only actual text on the page is the disclaimer.  All the other text on the page is inside a flash control, which screen readers are unable to read at all.

chunkylover

Exactly, Overly-PRetty and impractical websites like iDigitalEmotion notwithstanding, Websites need to be practical and Flash tends to... well, to fuck that one in the arse.