News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

PS3

Started by Gary, February 01, 2010, 11:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

i read on the versus wiki today that they showed something at the end of '09 dont remember what

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Tezmission Black

I wish they wouldent be rushing FF 14 to come out so quickly so they can focus on getting the three Final Fantasy 13 games out, each one set in the same universe but unique storylines and battle systems, they all seem pretty damn cool.

Gary

I hate the whole Final Fantasy online games period. I like Final Fantasy with a start, middle and finish.

[/center]

Judge

Yeah 13 is coming out on the 360, right when it launches.  Apparently Squeenix didn't think the PS3 had enough market share in the US to release just for it...

KenFucious

I had such high hopes for MAG but after reading the review it appears to be a steaming pile of Spike Crow. I'd like to rent it and at least give it a shot before discarding it completely.

Gary

MSG4 is it a cut scene with some game scenes or what? Jesus seems like I play for 15 min, then 45 minutes of them talking shit

[/center]

Judge

Yeah it basically is.  There's one cutscene in there that's about an hour long.

The final cutscene is an hour.  You beat the game, then and hour later you get credits.

Gary

I love the MSG series, but they talk so much unimportant shit during cut scenes, its like Kojima could careless about making a game than his political/war statements known.

[/center]

Judge

I think it needed all of those cutscenes to wrap up the story.  I watched them and enjoyed.  It finally made (mostly) sense of the prior 3 games.

Jennifer

Yeah, Judge is right. I mean, it's a little aggravating to have to sit through that much cutscene, but if you actually care about the story and its resolution, it's necessary. I liked them.

That said, it speaks volumes that on my second playthrough where I skipped every cutscene I finished it in like 4-5 hours, and that was with deliberately not killing anybody and without any alerts. (which is obv. harder)

As for recommendations... both Uncharted games, they are fucking awesome.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Gary

Yeah Uncharted is next on my list.

[/center]

Blake True

Uncharted 2, just finished it and its great, really worth the play.  Dead Space!!!!! Its been out for ages so u should be able to get it cheap, bout 15 quid.  My X box broke, what a fucking joke, had it 13 months didn't even use it that much now i need to send it to Germany grrr.  Although the PS3 is on its last legs, having problems with crashing and not being able to see who's on line when in a game.  Still ive had that for 3 years but 13 months???? Come on microsoft, thought they'd fixed the problemns with mass failure rates???

James Onlee

MGS4 is worth every cutscene.  Amazing game.  Other than than, nothing exclusive ive played that wasnt mentioned.