News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Final Fantasy 13

Started by Adam Wrong, March 14, 2010, 04:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

Well I bought it on Wednesday and after playig it for about 4 hours I have this to say

FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX. FUCK YOU, YOUR ANCESTORS, YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR GRANDCHILDREN. FUCK YOU IN EVERY ORIFICE THAT WILL CAUSE YOU GREAT PAIN AND EVEN GREATER DAMAGE

The positives
+ Black dude with chocobo in his afro = win
+ graphics are beautiful

The negatives
- shite gameplay
- It's a game that would much prefer you to not play and instead watch a 30 hour movie
- the characters are a hateful bunch of cunts. The fake white Barrett who keeps calling himself the hero, the little boy who grunts and sighs like an old woman trying to fart and the apparent lead character who is a bit like FF8's Squall only more hateful and pathetic.
- Leona fucking Lewis doing the music
- 15 minute cut scene, 25 seconds of gameplay, 10 minute cut scene 30 second battle.
- The path is ridiculously linear
- the battles are fucking easy
- you only control 1 character whilst the others are CPU controlled and you can even hand control of your character over to the computer with Auto battle.
- after every battle your health recharges losing any form of fucking challenge
- if you die you respawn right next to where you died removing any challenge that may have been left
- wank dialogue
- shite story
- no levelling up
- the battles are apparently turn based but fast paced which turns it into this hack and slash without the hacking and slashing
- the new weapons and accs provide nothing other than minor nhancements which you don't notice.
- the data thing which gives you the story so far to update you repeats itself on nearly every page as though you are that forgetful cunt fish from Finding Nemo

This is the 3rd shite ff in a row. I liked X and even X2 was passable but this is unforgivable shit. There has been 1 good RPG on the 360 so far and its the much underrated Enchanted Arms. FUCK YOU Squeenix now I have to play it as apparently it stops being linear after 12-18 fucking hours

M.D.K. rating - 2/10

chunkylover

Wank dialogue?

Like an 0898 number?

Bryan

you didn't like fable 2, dragon age or fallout 3? those are three great RPGs right there.

i've heard mixed stuff about FFXII but I haven't played it yet. I'll get my hands on it eventually though.

Adam Wrong

OK I like Fable 2 and Fallout 3 is my fave game of all so far on 360 but they are not true RPGs as they hold elements of other genres. Same with ME and ME2. 2 Great games but not out and out rpgs

For me the turn based strategy is what appeals to me and FF has lost that in a big way.

I'm gutted i chose to buy this instead of Bioshock 2 which will have to wait for next month.

I'm very disappointed after having a great run of enjoyable games played through to the end in a row (Fallout 3 DLC, Borderlands, ME2) I find myself playing this garbage

chunkylover

Shame, Bioshock 2 is great providing you don't compare it to Bioshock 1.

and the multiplayer is only so-so.

and they released paid DLC 2 weeks after release :@

Excaligore

I love Final Fantasy but seriously the series peaked in 1994 with Final Fantasy VI.

I mean it goes like this:

I - good for it's time, unplayable now
II - never really played that much
III - amazing for it's time. By far one of the deepest NES games around.
IV - Dated yet a classic. Even with the two dimensional plot it seemed a lot more adult, and the characters were far more likable in their simplicity. For the time it came out a stunning game with by far the best sountrack in any game ever.
V - BORING story, fantastic gameplay.
VI - Personal favorite game of all time unconditionally. Ingenious story, brilliant cast of characters, and the only Final Fantasy that isn't 100% linear. Another brilliant sound track(shockingly eclectic too, not just poor knock offs of movie sound tracks and classical), One of the best villains ever, and I honestly think this moved the console/Japanese RPG miles ahead with it's increasing in freedom in choosing characters. It's lack of a simple main character narrative. 6 was a masterpiece.
VII - Now, I loved 7, don't get me wrong. I still think it's a game that occasionally gets too pissed on for being "overrated". I think 7 is the boldest when it comes to growing some cyberpunk themes, some true darkness, some balls really. The man character starts out a troubled and selfish man. You're in a decaying city. One of the main charcters dies halfway through making you lose hope. Essentially, the thing that made 7 special is that it wasn't kind to the player, and wasn't the same old "heroes and villians" story. The story as downright confusing as it is was brilliantly unique, well thought out, an epic as fuck. HOWEVER, this is also where Final Fantasy exploded into massive popularity with FFVII's massive graphical/psychological advancements. However, if you really look at it, it's a MAJOR step back from FFVI in many ways.
VIII - Hated the characters, hated the story, hated the gameplay, and it was around the times when even John Deere loving Hillbillies were getting into Final Fantasy around these parts. Honestly, though, I think FF 8 was the most massively overrated game in all of history. Triple Triad is the ONLY redeemable factor.
IX - Played through it, was kind of fun. I couldn't, in retrospect, honestly name three of the playable characters. Massively forgettable.
X - Brilliant gameplay. The story was so I don't know... Feels like a watered down FFVII(Character by character knockoff of the cast, if you ask me) with underwater soccer. Basically this is the one where they decided that all audiences were unimportant except the "anime girl" audience.
XI - sucked. Dumb risk to make it online. Alienated too many people by making you have to by a hard drive. WOW came out and nobody gave a fuck.
XII - Brililant gameplay(underrated gameplay. NOT good for an FF audience because you kind of have to be hardcore about delving into the custom AI to really understand the brilliance of it). BORING story, Seems like X again in so many ways...
XIII - Haven't played yet, just don't care anymore.

Really, I think Final Fantasy was a beautiful series but it's days are over. The last true Final Fantasy classic was 7, to be honest, and that was what... 13 years ago?

jagilki

I'm  enjoying it so far.

Keep in mind I haven't played a Final fantasy since like the NES days.

On the linear bit, from what I read, 30 hours in it opens up quite a bit.

Quote- no levelling up

??? yeah there is.

Adam Wrong

no you have that shite crystalarium where you get points but there isn't exp and level up in the ff sense

jagilki

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I can see your point and agree with you on a lot of it, but at the same time I still like it so far
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

jagilki

For me here is the thing.  I haven't played any in a long damn time.  I wasn't even paying attention enough to know it was coming out till I bought it on a lark and I had no expectations built up.

Adam Wrong

See I was excited. I had the initial pre-order cancelled over a year ago now with it being continually pushed back (It was gonna be a birthday present last year! Certain games I anticipate such as ME2, Fallout 3 and this. Certain games I adore (such as Fallout 3 and ME2) and then there is this...

Tezmission Black

I think Final Fantasy 9 was the last TRUE final fantasy game, when they took true world traveling out of the game it took most of the fun out for me.

Although it's almost always the storyline for me, but the fact is this one is kinda one sided, it's just kinda bleh.

They focused on Lightning and Hope too much so far and then they just skipped over what went on with Snow and when he met Fang and everything leading up to that.

I don't mind the leveling system or the battle system, or even the fact that you heal up, although I don't like the fact that I can't prevent myself from dieing and if I do die it's game over, I wish they had the system from Crisis Core where you put a phoenix down on yourself and if you are killed then it revives you. All the comp chars can be revived, it just don't make seance to me.

All and all I'm hopen Final Fantasy 13 Versus or Agito(sp) will be better.

Bryan

i wish we can just SEE versus or agito. both have been in development since 2006 and it doesn't even look likely we'll see anything new about them this year. seriously, wtf?

Tezmission Black

If you look up on youtube you can see some for the one coming out for the PS3 but I don't know when it's coming out and it looks pretty awesome, but the one for the PSP I have not been able to find anything on it.