News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Adam's song submission for EFK Podcast was awesome. Danny and Credible loved singing them to music mate, but I didn't read them before I did the singing bit and about lose my shit in the Orchard song with one of the lines on about the second verse so you will hear me stuttering to laugh as Danny Orchard.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

J-Reb

So, I'll post this with the hope it doesn't turn in to a debate. . .but:

I work at a church and have a family of a church member who just won the lottery--not just a few thousands but millions. For the past few years, he's written us a check for $5200 for the sole purpose of allowing us to hand out $100 a week to people who might need it around this time of the year. I was in Toys-R-Us yesterday getting a few Christmas presents for my son and there was a lady in front of me cussing out the young man working behind then counter. After she left, he looked absolutely destroyed and was ready to kick the bucket. I was able to slip out an envelope that only said "Somebody Cares" on the front of it and hand him a $100 bill.

There is nothing that tops that feeling of doing something for someone else. That's as deserving of a spot on the Awesome List as I could come up with.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on December 08, 2011, 11:23:06 AM
So, I'll post this with the hope it doesn't turn in to a debate. . .but:

I work at a church and have a family of a church member who just won the lottery--not just a few thousands but millions. For the past few years, he's written us a check for $5200 for the sole purpose of allowing us to hand out $100 a week to people who might need it around this time of the year. I was in Toys-R-Us yesterday getting a few Christmas presents for my son and there was a lady in front of me cussing out the young man working behind then counter. After she left, he looked absolutely destroyed and was ready to kick the bucket. I was able to slip out an envelope that only said "Somebody Cares" on the front of it and hand him a $100 bill.

There is nothing that tops that feeling of doing something for someone else. That's as deserving of a spot on the Awesome List as I could come up with.

dude that is really awesome.  Too bad that wasn't my store you were at.

anyways on to my awesome post.

After 3 years my boss FINALLY admitted to others that he appreciates my work kind of.  My HR caught him talking to himself while working on our schedule and he said something along the lines of wishing he could just replace the all the idiots shifts with me since I can do like 5 jobs at once anyways.  Just that little remark made my day if only for the fact that I usually feel under-appreciated at work no matter how much I do.

Also I had a customer tell me how great it was to see someone at a store in such a great mood during the holidays since usually retail people have the look of kill me. 

Oh and I got to spend almost my whole shift in the back just boxing up toys to be shipped to peoples homes while blasting my music and not having to deal with customers.   today was a pretty damn good day.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Gary

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Russ

Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

WOOOOO just won a party pack of tickets (10) to the Icehouse, it's a comedy club out in my area.  Now i just need to hope and pray for a night off as well as that the people I want to go have the time off as well
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve

Gary

I bet if you pay his cab fare, Alex will go with you.

[/center]

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I have more than enough friends.  John already said he would go with, ha I WIN THIS ONE Gary
You Are Game Will Evolve

Gary

Check the fuck list, Josh.

[/center]

Gary

[/center]

Russ

Congrats on scoring the face to face interview mate!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Gary

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on December 15, 2011, 10:08:51 PM
Face to Face interview should seal the deal...because after all, my face is my best feature!

8)

you do know you can't go as your poser right?

[/center]

Gary

For the past 5 weeks I was stuck at home, because my boss didn't call me in to work and when I called every monday they said they would call me. Yesterday I was sick and tired of either not knowing if I was fired, or if the company was tanking, and after sending out my portfolio to a lot of places (not having a BA fucked me), I posted on facebook that I was looking for work at any print job, ad agency and if anyone knew anything to call me, basically did this so my boss would see it . 5 hours later my boss called me saying I wasn't fired, that I didn't need to look for work and if I wanted to come in to work today, went to work and they said I could come back tommorow. My master plan of posting that on facebook to scare them worked :)

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'