Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Scene

Quote from: M.D.K. on January 06, 2011, 04:42:18 PM
It's set itself up for a sequel with an uncredited appearance by Cillian Murphy and I fully hope that they do it.

Him being in it alone means I must see this movie. I will make it my weekend agenda.

Adam Wrong

Jason Scene

Quote from: M.D.K. on January 06, 2011, 04:58:24 PM
He is only in it for about 5 minutes though

In the eyes of an Irishman, five minutes of Cillian Murphy is like three hours.

Duckman

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Loved it.  I've been a fan of Edgar Wright since Spaced and it's great to see him producing a movie as visually stunning and original as this.

Awesome music, funny, original, great fight scenes, awesome direction and a fucking stellar cast.

Great movie.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Cube Trilogy:  Gonna have to go with the obvious and say the first one was the best.  Really laid the groundwork for what was to come.  Some pretty interesting deaths in the movie.  Great dynamic between the cast.

Hypercube- Kind of lost it a bit for me as it completely removed the traps.  On the plus side it stuck with the intelligence level of the first and made you actually think about what was going on.  Was interested to see how they would pull off the code for it.  At times it felt a little over populated for the idea.

Cube Zero:  Great way to loop the whole movie back in a way.  Still not positive if it's supposed to be a sequel or a prequel.  This one brought the traps back in to play and had a great story behind it.

Definitely check these out.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Adam Wrong

I lov the cube movies!

Jigsaw

Resident Evil: Afterlife. Wasn't a horrible movie, they carried come elements from RE5 into it. They kinda crossed the two though, between the RE5 enemies and the old school RE zombies, which made it a little strange. They finally added Chris Redfield to the group, which I think should have been done a long time ago. In terms of casting, the guy that they got to play Wesker was probably the best choice they've made in those movies so far. Lots of action sequences naturally, but they also did a good job at actually giving some depth to the Alice character, which I always found she was kind of lacking in the previous movies. It looks as if they've left it open for yet another installment, and after the events of Afterlife it's hard to think of what direction they could really take it.

Rob

Grown Ups..... is crap. Acting is crap. Jokes are crap. Story is crap. Continuity is non-existent. Everything about it is utter crap. Despite the fact Chris Rock, Kevin James, Adam Sandler, David Spade and Rob Schneider usually fuckin rock, this film fuckin sucks and despite the fact it's taken me 8 months to watch this film, I give it 2/100. Its worse than Manos The Hand Of Fate. It's just awful. I don't think I can express to you in English at how annoyed I was to waste a couple of hours watching this, so I will simply say:

FUCKING AGRGHRGRHGRHRGHRGRHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

Warriors Way

I enjoy the film , I love the action scenes , I enjoy the mix of eastern chop socky flick and wrestern gun film .  I was entertained and that what I look for in film .  some great characters and moments in the film .

would love to see sequal to this
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

Black Swan - Perfect direction doesn't really make up for a completely dull film. If you like ballet or Natalie Portman then go watch this, but the film lacks in someways. For example I don't really care for the main character, in fact I find her a little bit rude, over-sensitive purely intolerable little cow. Also, the first half an hour should be used to build a connection with the audience, reel them in, make them feel something but literally nothing worth watching happens in the first 30 minnutes. Nothing that really you couldn't just miss and pick up at the 30 minute mark.

In some ways the direction for Black Swan is wonderful, in others it is intolerable. Whichever, I don't recommend this film to anyone. 5.6/10
SixersEagles

[/center]

Marq

"Black Swan" was a totally polarizing film among my friends. Men hated it, the girls LOOOOOVVVVVEEDDD it, which only reinforces my opinion that this movie is just an eerie look into the fragile mind of a woman. Seriously, the number of girls on my Facebook news feed with status updates like:

BLACK SWAN! <3

and

OMG "black swan!" :)

was astounding!

Coincidentally, we had Darren Aronofsky speak at my work for our monthly "Speaker Series," and if it's any indication of what *I* thought about the movie -- all I wanted to talk about was "The Wrestler."
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Rob

In reflection my opinion has changed slightly, (only slightly.) I still believe the script was poorly written, but I think they did a pretty good job with it. I maintain that most all characters were immensely dislikeable, but the direction was top notch.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Duckman

The Town. 

Awesome movie.  A really strong script complimented by some great acting and direction.

Ben Affleck is seriously getting his shit back together if this is the kind of film he's going to direct/star in from now on.

Very much a Sambo type movie!  Loved it.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Marq

It's weird, Sam. I think people have been so put off with Ben Affleck's choices for movies a while ago, they we forget he's actually a really talented actor. I just saw this, too, and after "Gona, Baby, Gone," it's clear that Affleck isn't a one-trick pony director.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"