News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Priest was a vampire movie set in the post-apocalypse and resembled Judge Dredd but with Priests instead of Judges and instead of taking down criminals they took down vampires. Agree with Midas on the 1 out of 5 stars.

Gingerdead Man was an amusing B-horror movie about a possessed gingerbread man that killed people. 1 out of 5 stars

Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust has one of the greatest movie titles of all time. This movie started off HORRIBLE but then he started killing people and it turned into a great comedy movie. 1 1/2 out of 5 stars. Shocked I liked it more than the first one after how it started.

Mega Piranha is about mutated piranha that keep growing in side and start eating battleships and cities. The main character has NO PERSONALITY AT ALL and is basically some unstoppable soldier. However the piranha scenes were great and overall I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

The Tunnel:

Its a horror movie releaed straight to .TORRENT
Plot:

An investigation into a government cover-up leads to a network of abandoned train tunnels deep beneath the heart of Sydney. As a journalist and her crew hunt for the story it quickly becomes clear the story is hunting them.

For a low budget horror movie, it actually isnt too bad. Shot in a blair witch project POV, theres bascially a "beast" living in this underground tunnel and it attacks this news crew doing the investigative report. Not an amazing movie, but if you're bored and wanna watch a new horror flick with the ladyfriend, its not bad.

6.5/10

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Shock Value

The Hangover: Part 2-

If you were a fan of the first movie, you'll definitely enjoy this next installment. Otherwise, you probably won't find yourself laughing too much during this one. I, personally, enjoyed The Hangover, and was excited to see the sequel last night. It is extremely funny! Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifinakis continue to have great chemistry together, and there are even a couple returning cameos from Ken Jeong and Mike Tyson!

Unfortunately, I found that the entire movie, almost literally, was a complete rehas of the previous, and featured an identical plotline with identical scenes. That being said, here is my final verdict: 3.5/5

If you loved the first movie, you'll probably end up buying this one down the line, anyway. I'd suggest just saving the money on a theater ticket and waiting for the DVD and BluRay release. Otherwise, it's definitely worth seeing at least once.

Doug E Fresh

That's the movie I saw last night.

Funny.

Plotwise don't have expectations for anything new lol.

Kirk

I saw Senna today. It was a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be, mostly because of the way the footage was put together and the drama on the track during his battles with Alain Prost. I had forgotten just how great the man was. The film doesn't pull any punches though and there are some uncomfortable scenes where they show real footage of fatal crashes and their consequences. If you are a fan of motor racing you should definitely see it, even if you didn't watch him when he was alive.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Doug E Fresh

Saturday night I saw Super 8.

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Originally I thought it was being sold like a cloverfield type of movie (Hated it) but it turned out to be a pretty decent flick. The kid actors really made me feel like they were just a bunch of kids with very few "no way this would happen in real life" moments with them. They go for some shock value here and there also.

I totally recommend watching it sometime.

Doug E Fresh

Saw Horrible Bosses on Friday night.

Very funny. I mean really very funny. Jason Bateman is standard. The Sudekius guy or however you spell it who I didn't really know sticks out a bit. Anyone who is a fan of It's Always Sunny will absolutely love Charlie in this movie. And many people surprise like Aniston for example. Spacey as a mean guy is also something I've enjoyed from movies past.

Totally go see this one if you've got the spare money and time and desire to laugh.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Horrible Bosses looks very good and now it has a 'FRESH APPROVAL' I will check it out.

I also saw the trailer for the Rise of the Planet of the Apes film and it looks really fucking good and I like the backstory of it as well.

So to see a trailer I had to see a film, we saw Bridesmaids last weekend which had its moments even for a twat like me, but this weekend it was Transformers in 3D.

PROS:

- Liked the dark feel of the movie with the destruction of Chicago and this hostile take over
- Loved the link in with actual historical moments like the Moon Landing
- Lazerbeak and the girl drinking tea...HEEL ALERT!!!
- Giving the two fingers to Meghan Fox a few times lol
- 100 times better than number 2
- New leading lady was quite fuckable...AWESOME ASS! IN 3D!

CONS:

- I struggle a lot to watch the action as with every Formers Film just seems like lots of metal flying about and I cant always work out whos fighting who lol
- The weird inclusion of John Malk...that entire thing was fucking stupid including his orgasm over seeing Bumblebee
- I felt they kind of shit on a lot of the secondary characters like his parents and also the military main characters in the other two films
- Megatron came off as a right weiner the whole film...they could have almost done without him
- Sentinel...well it all felt a bit gay there.
- Never liked the portrayal of Megatron, Starscream or Sound Wave in any of the films...

But cons aside it was very enjoyable and they really got you a few times with the relationship of Bumblebee and Sam.

Still 3 films on...RIP Jazz, my favourite Autobot.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Tezmission Black

Quote from: Bill-E Mitchell on July 12, 2011, 02:20:38 PM
Horrible Bosses looks very good and now it has a 'FRESH APPROVAL' I will check it out.

I also saw the trailer for the Rise of the Planet of the Apes film and it looks really fucking good and I like the backstory of it as well.

So to see a trailer I had to see a film, we saw Bridesmaids last weekend which had its moments even for a twat like me, but this weekend it was Transformers in 3D.

PROS:

- Liked the dark feel of the movie with the destruction of Chicago and this hostile take over
- Loved the link in with actual historical moments like the Moon Landing
- Lazerbeak and the girl drinking tea...HEEL ALERT!!!
- Giving the two fingers to Meghan Fox a few times lol
- 100 times better than number 2
- New leading lady was quite fuckable...AWESOME ASS! IN 3D!

CONS:

- I struggle a lot to watch the action as with every Formers Film just seems like lots of metal flying about and I cant always work out whos fighting who lol
- The weird inclusion of John Malk...that entire thing was fucking stupid including his orgasm over seeing Bumblebee
- I felt they kind of shit on a lot of the secondary characters like his parents and also the military main characters in the other two films
- Megatron came off as a right weiner the whole film...they could have almost done without him
- Sentinel...well it all felt a bit gay there.
- Never liked the portrayal of Megatron, Starscream or Sound Wave in any of the films...

But cons aside it was very enjoyable and they really got you a few times with the relationship of Bumblebee and Sam.

I have to agree with Ian, I actually felt bad for how they did Megatron and the rest of his group.

Black Death

Quote from: Bill-E Mitchell on July 12, 2011, 02:20:38 PM

this statement right here ,pushes Ian up a few notches in my book .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Quadzilla

The Condemned - I could talk about cinematography and character development. Fuck that @steveaustinBSR kicks serious ass. 10/10 Statham's

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Quadzilla

The Marine - Fruity Pebble @JohnCena kicks the T-1000's ass. Far more watchable than Legendary. Epic movie. 10/10 Statham's

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Kurt

Rise of the Planet of the Apes *Possible Spoilers?*

Quite liked it. It's a little slower than most people will be thinking, but it's highly entertaining and pretty emotional. Sets up for an epic sequel. 8/10

GM Franchise

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Saw it yesterday and it was awesome. I've been a fan of the Apes movies since I was a kid and they didn't screw it up which was a plus. I liked it and am going to recommend seeing it.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Super 8

Like a gay version of ET meets Cloverfield having an affair with the Wonder Years and jacking off the Goonies. Didnt take the best part of any of these films/tv shows. Watchable...ending was poor. Plus you cant have coach without Tim Riggins.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'