Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

The space time continium never works with the original 5 despite them being classics, this is the one which should have started it off and it was fucking excellent. Heart breaking story at times and the CGI stuff was amazing frankly.

Personally I see a sequel there is a wee bit after the first couple of credits but...

[spoiler]There was a few mentions in the film of a failed mission to Mars if you were watching closely, I am assuming this is where the next one will pick up from personally.[/spoiler]
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

The Janitor

last movie i watched tonight wasKnucklehead. For a dumb ass comedy that never pretended to be anything other than a dumbass comedy it actually wasn't too bad. We went in with no great exectations, so the fact that Big Show is completely believable and has some genuine moments kinda suprised us.

We expected nothing as i said, so getting something, no matter how little, was a major step up. If you wanna kill a couple hours of boredom you could actually do alot worse than Knucklehead

Cory

The Crazies: Watched it tonight with the woman, was a decent watch, had it highs and lows....but not as bad as I expected it to be. 6.5/10

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Alex Smiley

Midnight in Paris, starring Owen Wilson, written/directed by Woody Allen. Absolutely brilliant movie, really worth watching. Comedy, dramz, space time continuum issues, romance...this movie has it all, lol.

Edit: fixed the movie title. Stupid phone lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Hondo

Got bored the other day and watched Shallow Hal for the first time. Don't ask why, because I don't have an answer for you.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating here. Jack Black probably wouldn't exist had Chris Farley not died. Dude's been funny in like two movies (Orange County and High Fidelity), and his band's OK. But in everything else, he's just not that funny.  This is no exception.

The movie probably would have been better with a recast. While I'm not usually a fan of Gwyneth Palthrow and her weird baby names, she was fine in this movie. Jack Black = Jack s--t. Jason Alexander shouldn't have been within 500 yards of this movie.

But all said, I did like the message of the movie, the whole "inner beauty" thing. And it was certainly an interesting concept for a movie. But the casting almost killed the whole movie for me.

5/10

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Orange Country was an excellent movie....I concur.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

Here's an interesting little movie for you from the 90s...

"Four Rooms"

It's a collection of short stories in a movie that all take place in this hotel and it stars Tim Roth (some people know him from the show Lie to Me) it's quite strange but also pretty humorous. That's what I literally just finished watching. Some of the directors of each short include Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino

Shock Value

The Losers:

Sad to say, I paid little to no attention while this was on. I only watched it because my lady was nagging me to return it to Netflix after it sat on my computer desk for four months. Chris Evans is super funny in his role, though.

Of the parts I did see, the action sequences, the flawless blend of humor without drawing away from the serious tone of the movie, and the plot, I'd have to give the movie 8/10, and I'd love to go higher if I could remember what the flank I just watched.

Alex Smiley

Shoot the Hero!

A fairly odd movie, starring Jason Mewes (better known as Jay of "Jay and Silent Bob" from several of Kevin Smith's movies) in what was a surprisingly good role. It's about a couple that finds themselves stuck in the middle of a jewel heist gone wrong, and the events that follow. A good movie, worth catching if you can find it on TV (might be on Netflix, dunno).

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

GM Franchise

Fright Night (2011) - Fright Night gets the James seal of approval. The action was good, there was gore, there was blood, and there were deformed vampiric entities in it. Also it's set in Vegas and the characters go to Clark High School which I went to as well which makes it even more awesome.

John Carpenter's The Thing - This is in my opinion the greatest remake ever made with the Dawn of the Dead remake being a close second. Set in Antarctica at a research station there's all sorts of awesome in this. There's lots of paranoia, psychotic meltdowns, tension, and some of the most gruesome and grotesque special effects I've ever seen which totally blew my mind. Awesome movie.

Demons III: The Ogre - Honestly this movie sucks except for one thing: Tom the skeptic character. This character is one of the greatest characters in movie history. No matter what he sees or whatever evidence he finds he will never believe that things like ogres exist in the realm of reality. Whenever he sighs that's the signal he's about to go into full skeptic mode. He believes that everything that's happening is all the fantasy of his bored, frustrated wife lol. Great character in an otherwise blah movie.

Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings - The creature is AMAZING. That's the best part about this. There's also a really amusing scene where the one teenager pulls a gun on the others and they are yelling at each other which is the best scene in the movie not involving murders done by a humanoid monstrosity.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - I liked this movie especially the creatures. They looked like demonic little wendigos or something. The creatures were awesome and they made it great. Like I told my best friend Art, "I give this one an 8 but it would be a 6 without the creatures." He agreed with that assessment.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Tezmission Black

Was this the original 1973 version or the remake?

GM Franchise

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Trailer of 'Dark' film was on...I couldnt watch it! Lol!

Apollo 18 - Decent film, very predictable and interesting concept. Would recommend if you have nothing better to see at the flicks.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

G.I. Joe: The Movie  (1987)

Things just got tougher for Team G.I. Joe. Serpentor and the Cobra terrorist organization have found a new ally deep in the caverns of the Himalayas: beings from a forgotten civilization known as Cobra-La, led by the maniacal Golobulus. When Duke is injured, it's up to Sgt. Slaughter, Falcon, Bazooka, Alpine, Snowjob, Roadblock and the rest of team to mobilize and come up with a plan to stop Cobra in its tracks and save mankind.

I love this film , I grew up on this movie.  Decide to watch it again and it still brings back good childhood memories. For all you younger generation I recommend that you check this out . It a fun animated flick  ... Also I remember this film made me a fan of Sgt. Slaughter , he such a bad ass in this film. His two part fight with Nemesis Enforcer stands out  and don't tell me this opening does not get you hype up.

GI Joe the Movie Opening Sequence - HQ Widescreen

little trivia for everyone

Originally Duke was supposed to die in the movie ending his character in the toy line... but because of the Tranformers  animated movie that came out early that year and the negative reaction that Optimus Prime death got , they decide to keep him alive, so they change that he die , added that he went into a coma instead.  Watch the film and reactions the another characters have to Duke after he says his last words ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"