Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

"Warrior"

Just saw it yesterday and hands-down, it's my favorite movie of the year. Heartstrings galore in a "dude's movie?" Weird, I know, but fucking amazing performances from pretty much EVERYONE involved. Tom Hardy shows why he's the next big thing (with his stint in DKR to further impress, I'm sure), Joel Edgerton turns in a star-making performance, and Nick Nolte is awesome in it as well as the two main characters' newly-sober father. Gotta say, I cried twice during the damn thing -- no shame in my game, whatsoever.

Anyway, here's my quick synopsis:

Estranged brothers, Tommy and Brendan Conlon, haven't seen each other in years, and when a new MMA Grand Prix tournament is announced for Atlantic City, both men have their reasons to enter. Will the brooding U.S. Marine (and war hero) with a troubled past make up for past transgressions? Or will the MMA fighter-turned-teacher-and-family-man, who's going to lose everything, do what he needs to do as a father?

Also? Kurt Angle's in it as "Koba," a parallel to Fedor Emalianenko and a fucking MACHINE in the cage.

Amazing action, stellar acting, and the most heartfelt guys' flick I've seen in a long, long time. Highly, highly recommended for any MMA fan, and certainly any MMA fan who can appreciate a story on par (if not better) than the first "Rocky."

Warrior - Official Trailer [HD]
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Adam Wrong

Watched 2 films over the weekend:

Garden State
Zach Braff directed this and it was awesome. What made this for me was the soundtrack that was beautiful. It perfectly complimented a story that was simple but cute.

Sirens
Boobs... So many boobs... And bush! The story was weird as fuck. The acting was strange... But the lesbian action was amazing

Cory

Quote from: Marq on September 12, 2011, 03:25:54 PM
"Warrior"

Just saw it yesterday and hands-down, it's my favorite movie of the year. Heartstrings galore in a "dude's movie?" Weird, I know, but fucking amazing performances from pretty much EVERYONE involved. Tom Hardy shows why he's the next big thing (with his stint in DKR to further impress, I'm sure), Joel Edgerton turns in a star-making performance, and Nick Nolte is awesome in it as well as the two main characters' newly-sober father. Gotta say, I cried twice during the damn thing -- no shame in my game, whatsoever.

Anyway, here's my quick synopsis:

Estranged brothers, Tommy and Brendan Conlon, haven't seen each other in years, and when a new MMA Grand Prix tournament is announced for Atlantic City, both men have their reasons to enter. Will the brooding U.S. Marine (and war hero) with a troubled past make up for past transgressions? Or will the MMA fighter-turned-teacher-and-family-man, who's going to lose everything, do what he needs to do as a father?

Also? Kurt Angle's in it as "Koba," a parallel to Fedor Emalianenko and a fucking MACHINE in the cage.

Amazing action, stellar acting, and the most heartfelt guys' flick I've seen in a long, long time. Highly, highly recommended for any MMA fan, and certainly any MMA fan who can appreciate a story on par (if not better) than the first "Rocky."

Warrior - Official Trailer [HD]

Looks like I know what im doing this weekend

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

'Salem's Lot - Great old school vampire movie with interesting characters and the coolest looking Nosferatu of all time. The suspense is great and there's some amazing scenes in this with vampires.

CHUD - A really underrated horror film. The humanoid subcreatures in this look awesome. The story and the acting in this all were good. Another one I'd recommend.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Tezmission Black

FINALLY got to watch the X Men First Class movie, and I'll be the first to admit I was not into it by the ads they had for it.

BUT, after watching it I'll have to agree with what I've heard from many other people, it is by far the best X Men movie to come out, the story was solid, the acting was very well done. My only complaint was that it did poke some holes in the excising storyline, BUT if they wanted to possibly remake the series by using this back story then I would not complain.

Kennylz

I just finished watching Human Centipede Part 2...

"Holy shit" is about the best review I could muster. It wasn't particularly good, but holy shit, it was brutal. If you're looking for a good movie, look elsewhere, but look here if you want one of the sickest movies out there.

Still not as bad as A Serbian Film though.

Alex Smiley

Lion King 3D was pretty good. If you've seen it before, you know the story well: lion cub loses father, runs away before meeting up with the comic relief, is found by good friend (and they fall in love), baboon and ghost of father help now grown lion return to face off with the jerk that killed his father. You know, that song and dance.

The 3D conversion was surprisingly good, too. So, if it's still playing near you, go watch it.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

GM Franchise

The Thing - This is the new one that just came out. This movie was AMAZING. The special effects and CGI were great. The creature was grotesque and hideous. The acting was good too and there is a particularly amusing Norweigian character in this movie that was really funny. Going to recommend this one.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Brock Rhysner

A few films to fill you in with.

Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil: Interesting film. Two rednecks attempt to protect their holiday home from a group of College Kids. Interesting twist on the tried and tested method, switching the monster/victim archetypes on it's head. Very funny, and I would recommend it to anyone for someone who wants to turn their brain off for an hour and a half.

Super: Watch this...I'm not going to tell you anything else, because you're probably thinking it's just Kick Ass without the 10 year old girl swearing. Seriously, go watch this film. It is not what you're going to expect it to be...

Megashake Vs. Giant Octopus: fell asleep half way through. Take that for what you will...

Green Lantern: Wasn't as bad as everyone said it was. Not award winning stuff by any length of the imagination, but still, if you ignore all the Cannon breaking stuff and push all the Nerds crying out of the room before you begin, then I can think of worst things to waste two hours on.

[/centre]

GM Franchise

Paranormal Activity 3 - Not as good as the first but better than the second one. At least they tried to make some sense of it all but still just an okay movie. Nothing too special here.

Rob.B

The Rules of Attraction- I really enjoyed this film, it gave great insight into the lives of the three main characters and I loved the way it switched between the three narators, highly reccomended.

A+

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Human Centipide 2...

Well it wasnt as gory as I expected and at one stage I thought there might be an interesting sort of story to follow. However, I was completely wrong and it went off on weird unneccessary moments the two things which bugged me a lot (pardon the pun) were...

[spoiler]1. The actress from the first one who gets picked up by a small fat dwarf with breathing difficulties from the airport in a mini van and doesnt at any stage seem well...suspicious of it.

2. The rather unneccessary birth scene in the car with the woman who got away....

3. Doctor Fagula and his weirdness what was seriously the point of that and why was he getting a random blowjob in some dudes car ironically were Martin worked.[/spoiler]

Overall one of the worst films I have ever seen not for its content, but the fact the premise seemed like it might be going somewhere and then it went to shit (literally) plus who cant but laugh at the random fart noises during the film. Though the ending leaves you wondering...[spoiler]if it was just some weird fantasy of his...[/spoiler]
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Fnord

Quote from: Potato Hater on November 09, 2011, 09:04:33 PM
Human Centipide 2...

Well it wasnt as gory as I expected and at one stage I thought there might be an interesting sort of story to follow. However, I was completely wrong and it went off on weird unneccessary moments the two things which bugged me a lot (pardon the pun) were...

[spoiler]1. The actress from the first one who gets picked up by a small fat dwarf with breathing difficulties from the airport in a mini van and doesnt at any stage seem well...suspicious of it.

2. The rather unneccessary birth scene in the car with the woman who got away....

3. Doctor Fagula and his weirdness what was seriously the point of that and why was he getting a random blowjob in some dudes car ironically were Martin worked.[/spoiler]

Overall one of the worst films I have ever seen not for its content, but the fact the premise seemed like it might be going somewhere and then it went to shit (literally) plus who cant but laugh at the random fart noises during the film. Though the ending leaves you wondering...[spoiler]if it was just some weird fantasy of his...[/spoiler]

I have to agree completely.  This movie was horrible.  I had high hopes because the first one was something that in some strange way really enjoyed.  I watched this and just shook my head after.  I didn't laugh or cringe or anything.  I was straight-faced the whole time.  I was very very disappointed. 

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

brkendown

Horrible Bosses - Was actually pretty funny, and I hadn't heard anything good about it. Also noticed how quickly it went from theaters to DVD. Thought the trio of main characters were great together and they had incredible chemistry, and I'm usually not a fan of Bateman. I'd give it about a B+ though. I'd definitely give it another watch somewhere down the line.

Alex Smiley

I've never seen the Human Centipede movies, but I've always had one major issue with it:

[spoiler]Everyone knows you never go ass to mouth.[/spoiler]

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.