Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Haywire

I really like it . Thought it was a well written spy movie with some really great actors.  plus Gina Carano was great as Mallory Kane.  I would hope to see a sequel about this character. I would like to know more about her and her past. I wonder how she  can to be  the person  that she was in the film.  Fight scenes were great , well done mix of mma and hand to hand fighting.  I think Gina has a bright future in movies ... She is certainly  not hard to look at
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Tezmission Black

In Time

I will admit right now that I actually enjoyed the movie. I have been overly critical of Timberlake in the past because I never thought he was that great of an actor, and he could still use some work, but compared to someone I'll mention very soon, he's awesome. Any how, the plot was pretty good, the action was there but it wasent, could of used more of it, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

I would prob give the movie a 3 1/2 out of 5

Snow White and the Huntsman

I'm going to say right now that I thought this movie was ok, but it could of used a lot of work. Kristen Stewart is possibly the WORSE choice for Snow White in the history of choices and in no possible universe does that unsmiling winch EVER could compare with Charlize Theron. I mean at the beginning of the movie she looked like freaken Gollum from Lord of the Rings. I will end the rant with this...Can she even smile? I mean come on...it's not that hard.

Anyway, the movie itself was alright, besides her acting, the whole script seems choppy, we got more back story on the Evil Queen then on anyone else, and at times I was really cheering for her. If you watch the movie just for the graphics then you'd prob be happy enough. The action scenes could of used about a minute or so of pure action in it, and the final battle scene with the army's could of used prob about three minutes instead of focusing on Snow Whites fight to get to the door so she could fight the Queen.

I would give the movie a 2 out of 5

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I was hoping my friend was going to get better reviews of the film he worked on. He was part of the crew that did a lot on Snow White and Huntsman.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

I watched Drive and Safe House recently.  I'm a big action movie fan and loved Safe House.  I thought Denzel did a great job.

Drive was a different type of movie, but was pleasantly surprised how well Ryan Gosling played a villian style role.

Marq

Quote from: JustinP on June 18, 2012, 02:47:04 PM
I watched Drive and Safe House recently.  I'm a big action movie fan and loved Safe House.  I thought Denzel did a great job.

Drive was a different type of movie, but was pleasantly surprised how well Ryan Gosling played a villian style role.

Were we watching the same movie? Dude was nothing even REMOTELY villainous.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Cory

was just gonna say that.....I hated Drive....it was too hard to follow along and too "artsy" I guess, but I hardly thing Gosling was a villain. He stepped in to play a father figure and fought against the evil crime ring in his city.

I really enjoyed some parts in the movie, but I found it was confusing for the sake of being confusing.

I have Safe House tho on my harddrive ready to watch, looks good.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Quote from: Marq on June 19, 2012, 01:30:55 AM
Were we watching the same movie? Dude was nothing even REMOTELY villainous.

Well I used villian for the lack of a better word.  I guess I would say edgier type character.

Black Death

I like drive ... he played what you would call a lone stranger role if it was a western movie.

I like his character  , thought he did a great job.   Not every good guy is truly all good . but they do the right thing  when they have too
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Revolver Boomstick

I watched Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter this past weekend.
[spoiler]It's hard to say what I thought of it. Parts of it were silly, and overly ridiculous. But then you step back and realize... you're watching a movie about Abraham Lincoln hunting vampires. Of course it's ridiculous!

For the most part, it worked.

I enjoyed that there was a lot more older Abe than I thought there would be going into the movie. I don't think this will be remembered as a "great" movie of 2012, and it seemed phoned in at parts. But it was decent enough. [/spoiler]

Roleplaying. Mafia. Tom-foolery. NEW Era Wrestling.

Ty

Took the kids I worked with to see Brave. 

Worst Pixar movie Ive watched so far. Great concept, so much potential but you could just tell that it was rushed. It felt like it was missing the entire peak of the movie.

Justin

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on July 05, 2012, 10:36:06 AM
21 Jump Street absolutely sucked!

Wouldnt say absolutely sucked....but aside from maybe 3-4 funny parts, it was a bad movie. Definatly a 4/10

Justin

Cory

I saw Ted tonight with the woman, it was pretty good. I did have higher hopes for it, as usually I like Seth McFarlanes stuff. The Flash Gordon bit missed as I never seen the show nor did we get it here in Canada, but overall still worth the $12.

6.5-7/10

jagilki