News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Tezmission Black

I really want to see Lopper, but I went to see Wreck it Ralph with my mom and sister the other day, and it is by far the best Disney movie to come out in the past few years, and also one of their more riskier ones and it paid off.

A lot of smart humor, as well as dumb humor, but it had a great balance, and I see it winning best animated movie of the year by a long shot.

Also I want to say the Paperman short before the movie was pretty good no dialog back and white piece as well, still a better love story than Twilight.

Cory

Finally got around to the Avengers, and it failed to live up to the hype.

It was a good movie, wasn't the BEST movie like some people from work had previously suggested. The Hulk was the best part and he only had like 5-10 minutes of camera time lol.

3/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Crazy Kyd

I personally enjoyed Savages but it has quite a bit of flaws. I think I gave it three stars when I did a small review on that Flixster site but my bias might be towards Taylor Kitsch, as I am a fan of his.

As for The Avengers, a lot of the hype came from Joss Whedon's fan base, who are extremely loyal. I am a fan of his but not like how some people are. A good portion of it was typical Whedon fare, and it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but adding popular superheros to the mix makes the kids drool all day. But yes, the best parts of the movie were the two main fighting parts involving the Hulk. Hilarious.

Bryan

All the Kings Men, a 1949 film. It's about a southern politician that tries to be as fair and just as possible, trying to clean up all the scumbag politicians in his area but ends up becoming corrupted just like them and it eventually leads to his demise. I really liked it!

Justin

Went to the movies to see Lincoln on Saturday night.  There were parts of the movie that were entertaining/funny, but overall the movie had a lot of useless babble which made it drag on.  Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie but the way they portrayed the former President as a slow, drawn out speaker was done to the T.

3/5

Cory

Got a decent pallet of movies to watch this upcoming week. Savages, Dark Knight Rises, Lawless, and Sinister.

Reviews will follow.

The Laughing Man

just saw the trailer for a A Haunted House with Marlon Wayne and  Essence Atkins. Think it is going to be a good movie most recent movie parodies have been trash but the Wayne Brothers always seem to produce when they make parodies like 1st 2 scary movies and don't be a menace to south central while drinking juice in the hood. Only thing that bugs me is that i don't think the other Wayne's on't seem to be in the movie. Love it when they are involved makes it better.

Tezmission Black

As part of my Thanksgiving day I always go and catch a movie, and today I went and checked out Red Dawn.

Let me start this off by saying I've never seen the original. With that being said, I think this was a pretty decent movie, it had it's plot holes, but honestly what movie don't?

My biggest problem with the movie was the casting, I had no problem with Josh Peck in the movie, but honestly I think if they had switched the two roles around and had Josh Hutcherson play Matt Eckert and Peck play Robert, I think the whole movie would of been stronger as Peck to me really don't have the acting chops to play the part he did.

I would give the movie a solid 3/5 Worth watching but don't over think the plot.

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Al Black Rose on November 22, 2012, 03:53:43 PM
As part of my Thanksgiving day I always go and catch a movie, and today I went and checked out Red Dawn.

Let me start this off by saying I've never seen the original. With that being said, I think this was a pretty decent movie, it had it's plot holes, but honestly what movie don't?

My biggest problem with the movie was the casting, I had no problem with Josh Peck in the movie, but honestly I think if they had switched the two roles around and had Josh Hutcherson play Matt Eckert and Peck play Robert, I think the whole movie would of been stronger as Peck to me really don't have the acting chops to play the part he did.

I would give the movie a solid 3/5 Worth watching but don't over think the plot.

That's good to know. I have seen the original and I don't think the original was that great, but it is nice to know that the new one isn't terrible. I do agree with you on the casting of Josh Peck. I was surprised to hear he was in this movie. If I ever see it in theaters I'll post a review here as well.

Cory

Savages was pretty good....it kinda built up to nothing, but still enjoyed the ride. Not as good as Scarface.....not even close really...but wasnt too bad.

3/5

Black Death

Finally got a chance to see expendables  2

Love it ... pay homage to all the 80's action movies that I grew up watching .  Great fun .  Love seeing sly , arnold , willis , van damn , Norris in  one movie .  but hey it was a blast to watch  it was just mindless fun and you know that what you need some time
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Dark Knight Rises:

Great movie....not as good as Dark Knight but still very entertaining. Bane was bad ass and I didn't see the twist at the end with the rich chick. Plus the ending was pretty sick, tho I dont know if ill buy that skinny nerd as the next Batman.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Black Death on November 23, 2012, 06:13:23 PM
Finally got a chance to see expendables  2

Love it ... pay homage to all the 80's action movies that I grew up watching .  Great fun .  Love seeing sly , arnold , willis , van damn , Norris in  one movie .  but hey it was a blast to watch  it was just mindless fun and you know that what you need some time

YES

I agree with all of this. Somewhere, Aaron is smiling and nodding in agreement as well.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.