Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Quote from: Cory on November 22, 2012, 10:21:21 PM
Savages was pretty good....it kinda built up to nothing, but still enjoyed the ride. Not as good as Scarface.....not even close really...but wasnt too bad.

3/5

Don't wanna be THAT guy, but the book ending was better. The book basically ends at the "everyone dies" art, where the movie adds the "super duper happy ending".

Cory

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 29, 2012, 02:49:20 PM
Don't wanna be THAT guy, but the book ending was better. The book basically ends at the "everyone dies" art, where the movie adds the "super duper happy ending".

Didnt even know there was a book...not a big reader by any means, but might have to check it out.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 29, 2012, 02:49:20 PM

How else would they be able to promote business of drug dealers, cartels and the like? They need the happy ending!

I didn't know there was a book either. But I did think at some point in the movie that it would do what the movie did at the end.

Crazy Kyd

I saw Lincoln today. I thought it was very well done. Granted, there was that Spielberg touch that is in every one of his movies which can add to or distract from the movie but that's what makes this one special.

Unless you are a fan of American History, this movie probably isn't one you should watch. That being said, considering the part in history that they are covering in Lincoln, it is not a boring movie. There is enough in the dialogue that keeps it entertaining when it is not at the dramatic/powerful parts. There is a lot of old/witty humor which makes it enjoyable as well. The performances were done very well in my opinion. Not just Daniel Day Lewis, but the cast as a whole fit into their characters extremely well.

Bryan

Lincoln was boring at first, yes, but as someone who is majoring in History i quite enjoyed it. I thought the people I went with would be turned off by it but there's enough humor in there to keep people interested. DDL is probably the best Lincoln the movies have ever had.

I saw the original Gojira (1954) and the american version Godzilla (1956) last night. The original is a very good film with the emphasis on h-bomb testing and the dangers it permits. The special effects look extremely primitive but that's the charm a lot of these films from those times have now- i'd rather watch a movie from back then with crappy special effects than a current film that relies heavily on CGI effects today. The American version is surprisingly faithful to the original, just with some dubbing and editing techniques to add in new English speaking characters. Overall both films are really good, Criterion put a lot of effort into restoring both films so check them out if you have a chance.

Justin

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: JustinP on December 13, 2012, 12:40:50 PM
Ted is freaking hilarious!!!!

One of the main things I didn't like that movie was the shameless self promotion for Family Guy that occurred. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the movie though.

Cory

Watched Man with Iron Fists and it put me to sleep half way through. GARBAGE.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mattflora

I watched Slither tonight. Well, I tried watching Slither tonight. It wasn't awful I guess, but I had a lot on my mind so I couldn't focus solely on it. I'm pretty sure it's a horror/comedy. If not its just a simple B Horror Movie. But yeah, I've seen a lot worse.
Join NAW today! - http://wbswforum.proboards.com

Ty

jagilki

Saw it last night.  I fairly enjoyed it, but I'm a tolkien mark.  I loved the LOTR films.

I can however see where some will just hate the movie.

GM Franchise

I loved the Hobbit. It was one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. The dwarves were pretty amusing especially the fat one that was always eating things. Great movie.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

Quote from: jagilki on December 20, 2012, 09:55:15 AM
Saw it last night.  I fairly enjoyed it, but I'm a tolkien mark.  I loved the LOTR films.

I can however see where some will just hate the movie.

if your not a fan of the Tolkien books ... really get lose with this movie
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ty

My take on hobbit is that it was good and much simpler than lotr trilogy. Ending felt randomly placed though, Def felt umderwhelmed. good movie, hobbit trilogy may very well surpass the other trilogy.

Biggest let down was the music. It underwhelmed me huge. Predictable and didn't build as well. Not counting dwarf songs, the music was just... There

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Mattflora on December 20, 2012, 12:51:35 AM
I watched Slither tonight. Well, I tried watching Slither tonight. It wasn't awful I guess, but I had a lot on my mind so I couldn't focus solely on it. I'm pretty sure it's a horror/comedy. If not its just a simple B Horror Movie. But yeah, I've seen a lot worse.

It is a Horror/Comedy. I personally loved it. Not the greatest movie by any means but it is really funny.

Quote from: Cory on December 20, 2012, 12:24:35 AM
Watched Man with Iron Fists and it put me to sleep half way through. GARBAGE.

I thought the same thing. A friend of mine wanted to see this movie when we could have seen Wreck it Ralph. :( I told him, while I don't really mean it, that Jamie Chung was the best part of that movie. The movie is just terrible.