News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

[spoiler]
QuoteI understand that... that same thought had .

but than I thought about this  theory , that time does not work like that.  Future is not set... with him killing himself , there a future where rainmaker is now never made.   there also a future where maybe something else happens and the boy still goes bad.

any can  happen that shape the future.    I think that is what the writer was trying to say or least wrote the story basis on  that theory.  I could be wrong ,  but it does not take away from me a nice time that i had watching it 
[/spoiler]

shit sorry hit the wrong button ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

[spoiler]I enjoyed watching it too, don't get me wrong.  But, the instand JGL killed himself, shouldn't everything around him change instantly?  For example, there would be no reason for the Rainmaker and his Mom to even be in that field, as nobody was chasing them.  The truck with all the silver bars wouldn't be there either, as JGL wasn't chasing anybody.

In short, shit should've changed around them, the instant the future was altered to that degree.  To that effect, MIB 3 did a much better job with time travel.

Black Death

[spoiler]see I thought the same thing... it should have render it moot ... should have been a paradox. 
maybe it was time way of keeping itself from  coming undone.  all the actions before he killed himself  still happens.  again we did see a time line where he killed himself, close the loop  and than went to live 30 years , got a wife and because the actions of the rainmaker men ,  who killed his wife , which cause him to seek to change that. which cause this timeline  to happen.

maybe time is like a river and ever changing ... every action is play out ... hell he decide to got to china instead of France and that reason his future change.  Same strange he would learn French and than up and go to china

but your right MIB3 did a real good job  [/spoiler]

Crazy Kyd

[spoiler]MIB3 did a good job with time travel.

As for Looper, the ending does make you think. I personally like the ending because I see what was trying to be said, like BD pointed out. Other than the story, I felt that the movie was well acted and over all pretty good. It had some cool moments with some of the ways how the communication between future/past selves happened. I gave it 3 stars.[/spoiler]

Crazy Kyd

Texas Chainsaw 3D. This is not a good movie. The only great thing about this movie is the story. If the horror element was as good as the story, all of the cliche elements would have been a minor flaw. Unfortunately, too many cliche moments and typical teenager horror speak makes everything fall flat. These moments also make you want to cheer for Leatherface rather than be scared by him. Only three of the main group do a good job acting, which is disappointing. If you want to see this movie, I'd suggest to wait for it on DVD. I will say I loved the ending though. It caught me a little by surprise.

Black Death

Total Recall 2012

Not bad ,  I love the Arnold one and I think it was better than this one. but it does not take away from it.  I enjoy it , good action , Colin Farrell , did a great job , think he actually a under rated action star love the job  that Kate Becksdale and jessica biel did ... great action scenes ... story was close to the original...overall predictable

all and all good action movie

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Black Death on January 08, 2013, 03:43:28 AM
Total Recall 2012

Not bad ,  I love the Arnold one and I think it was better than this one. but it does not take away from it.  I enjoy it , good action , Colin Farrell , did a great job , think he actually a under rated action star love the job  that Kate Becksdale and jessica biel did ... great action scenes ... story was close to the original...overall predictable

all and all good action movie

I enjoyed the new Total Recall as well. A lot better than I was expecting it to be.

Django Unchained. This is a good movie but I felt something was missing. I'm a fan of Tarantino's movies but something for me just didn't make me awe in amazement like Inglourious Basterds did. Not saying I expect to see the same thing every time from Tarantino but it just didn't amaze me as much as some of his previous movies. That being said, the movie is damn good. It has all the stuff you love about Tarantino in a pre-civil war setting. The acting by Jamie Foxx and the rest of the cast was very good. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Life of Pi. Great movie. A very artistic film that does start out slow but once it gets to the main part of the story, everything is beautiful to look at. There is a lot of humor and a lot of minor scares throughout which keeps the viewer interested. I believe this is a movie for everyone but I can only simply describe this movie as a "kid movie for grown ups." I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

Crazy Kyd

The Broken Tower. Terrible movie. I can understand some of the artistic qualities that James Franco was trying to present but it's just a terrible movie. 1 out of 5 stars.

Black Death

Ted

Funny as hell ... Really like it.  Love the cameos in it

Dread

I hope there another one , I enjoy it . Great action. Had a good time watching it

Crazy Kyd

Zero Dark Thirty. Good movie. Doesn't deserve to win best picture, but it is still entertaining. If you followed a lot of the major events, chances are you won't "learn" anything new. However, the performances are good enough to keep you watching. I give it a 3 out of 5. stars.

Cory

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on January 11, 2013, 02:29:39 PM
Zero Dark Thirty. Good movie. Doesn't deserve to win best picture, but it is still entertaining. If you followed a lot of the major events, chances are you won't "learn" anything new. However, the performances are good enough to keep you watching. I give it a 3 out of 5. stars.

sweet gonna watch it this weekend

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

I just saw Django Unchained. I think it's a return to form for tarantino (I haven't liked any of his film since Jackie Brown). The acting is great, there are some really funny lines and the action is entertaining. It's more of an action movie set in the Wild West than a Western, but I enjoyed it anyway.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Santa

This is 40. Pretty funny movie for the most part. There weren't too many "laugh out loud" moments, but it was still entertaining all the way through. I'd give it 3/5 stars and recommend it for a good date/chick flick movie.

Crazy Kyd

Gangster Squad. Good movie. I liked it a lot. My only issue is that the movie could have been so much better if the movie focused more on the story rather than the action scenes. The performances by the whole cast were great. The action was pretty awesome though. I would wait for it to come out on DVD. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Black Death