Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Kyd

The Forger. Not a good movie at all. There are a lot of things that don't work with this movie. The directing was a bit bland and the movie required a lot of visual storytelling, which it didn't accomplish very well, if at all. One of my biggest issues was that Josh Hutcherson's character doesn't exactly live the best life, yet the shots are of beautiful scenery and Hutcherson's life never really improves during the movie. There should have been a good medium between dirty/old and clean/beautiful.

While I usually try to stay away from the negatives of a film, because that is just bad reviewing/critiquing, I need to say that there was little to no character development. Josh Hutcherson's character gets mixed up with Hayden Panettiere's character as well as others associated with Hayden's character. The biggest issue I have is that Hutcherson fights with a character and then the next minute they become friends before fighting again. Repeat that a few times, and besides the main story, that is all the character development you'll see. I give the movie 1 out of 5 stars.

Justin

Quote from: Black Death on February 10, 2013, 10:06:07 AM
Here Comes the Boom

I like it , laugh my ass off ... Kevin James was great , Henry Wrinkler  was great , but in my opinion Bas Rutten steals the movie , In love ever scene that he was in. just made me laugh

great  mma fighter cameos in the movie .  Chanel Sonnen cameo was the best .  MMA fans will laugh when they see it .

I watched this over the weekend.  Good movie.

Cory

Quote from: Black Death on February 10, 2013, 10:06:07 AM
Here Comes the Boom

I like it , laugh my ass off ... Kevin James was great , Henry Wrinkler  was great , but in my opinion Bas Rutten steals the movie , I love ever scene that he was in. just made me laugh

great  mma fighter cameos in the movie .  Chanel Sonnen cameo was the best .  MMA fans will laugh when they see it . 

gonna catch it this weekend,

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Crazy Kyd

Kyss Mig, or Kiss Me, as it is translated as. It is also known as With Every Heartbeat.

Good movie. The story is about a lesbian relationship with one of them engaged to be married. Simple enough story that doesn't ever get boring in the 80 minute run time. Some parts do tend to feel stale but the directing adds a story of its own that makes you feel connected to the story in other ways. The relationship is more satisfying before the resolution but the journey of that relationship is what makes this movie work. The acting was good all around as well. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Cory

Just finished here comes the boom, wasnt a bad movie at all. I'll second BD review.

3/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

Lost In Thailand.

It's a Chinese odd-couple comedy. It's pretty crazy and a lot of the comedy is slapstick, but it is very funny. It's deffinately worth checking out if you can find it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

! JDM The Professional !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Crazy Kyd

Killer Joe. Good movie. I think I saw the edited version but it is still a pretty disturbing movie at times. All of the acting is good. While Matthew McConaughey did a great job, Juno Temple in my opinion is the standout. Juno Temple is a really good actress. It's a shame that she hasn't had too many critically accepted movies. I give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

Crazy Kyd

Won't Back Down. Not the best movie and the story felt too Lifetime movie-like at times, but the movie has a good message. The acting was good as well. I give it 2 out of 5 stars.

Black Death

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on February 18, 2013, 02:16:47 AM
Won't Back Down. Not the best movie and the story felt too Lifetime movie-like at times, but the movie has a good message. The acting was good as well. I give it 2 out of 5 stars.

I like second one  , with Micheal Jai White ... entertaining movie . 

Hotel Transylvania... I enjoy this one a lot . nice story , great cast . laugh a lot .  good time was had
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Kirk

The Master.

I will admit right away that I didn't get it. To me, the film seems like a character study without any character progression or narrative. The film doesn't go anywhere and nothing really happens. It seems to me to be one of those films that people convince themselves (and anyone who will listen) that they love for the simple reason that they don't want to admit that they don't understand it. I'd put it with There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men as films that I'm not smart enough to enjoy and not pretentious enough to pretend that I did.

I've heard that you have to watch it a few times to fully understand all of the subtexts, but I don't know why anyone would want to put themselves through that again. The acting was very good, though.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Kirk on February 20, 2013, 10:58:25 AM
The Master.

I will admit right away that I didn't get it. To me, the film seems like a character study without any character progression or narrative. The film doesn't go anywhere and nothing really happens. It seems to me to be one of those films that people convince themselves (and anyone who will listen) that they love for the simple reason that they don't want to admit that they don't understand it. I'd put it with There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men as films that I'm not smart enough to enjoy and not pretentious enough to pretend that I did.

I've heard that you have to watch it a few times to fully understand all of the subtexts, but I don't know why anyone would want to put themselves through that again. The acting was very good, though.

I really enjoyed The Master. It was odd, and very confusing, but the acting was very well done. The beginning was just too odd. An interesting way to open up a movie, that's for sure.

Crazy Kyd

Touchback. Good movie but the score/music makes the movie too dramatic at times. The football action was pretty good and not as choppy as it has been in other movies. The acting was pretty good. I didn't like the second half of the movie, which basically was a flashback in a sense. It could have been done better. I give it a 2 out of 5 stars.

Kirk

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on February 23, 2013, 12:42:36 AM
I really enjoyed The Master. It was odd, and very confusing, but the acting was very well done. The beginning was just too odd. An interesting way to open up a movie, that's for sure.

I agree that the acting was very good and wathching the two main characters playing off each other made the film watchable. I didn't hate it, I just didn't get it or enjoy it all that much. My comments were aimed more at some of the critics that have been gushing about it. If you enjoyed it or understood it, fair play to you. I keep trying to broaden my horizons and watch more arty films but I'm starting to think that I should just stick to Arnie films.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img