News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

I agree with the Review of Dredd. Awesome film. Karl Urban is quickly becoming one of my favourite actors. This is what action movies should be like. (I actually quite liked the camp 90s version as well, though).
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Crazy Kyd

Still need to see it. I keep hearing how good it is. The trailer didn't appeal to me all that much though.

! JDM The Professional !

Upside down: Wasn't a bad flick. I definitely felt entertained watching it, but felt the last 20 minutes sucked.

The Host: For a film my girlfriend wanted to see, it wasn't too bad. I hate stephenie meyer and think shes a shit writer, but out of all the crap shes written, the Host was her best work. The film, for what it was worth, was okay.The ending was gay though, but I liked the concept of the aliens.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Crazy Kyd

The remake of Red Dawn. While the original is better, the remake does everything it could to make it worth watching. The story is current, and the action scenes are pretty sweet. The "heartfelt" moments seemed too formulaic but that doesn't hurt the movie at all. I recommend this, even if you like the original. I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars.

Ty

GI JOE: Rehataliation: It made no damn sense and they killed Channing Tatum off in the first 20 minutes. Lots of explosions and cool fight scenses. Random ninja battle that did little to add to the movie other than cool action sequence. Apiphanies experienced without any build up or reasonable cause. The rock is completely unbelievable in any scene where he's losing a fight (he's so bulked that him vs the hulk would be a believable fight)

That being said, despite having an incredible weak script, things went boom, bad guys got hurt, we all got to clap and be happy. 3/5 stars because it was fun and I recommend anyone go see it. It was surprisingly good, much better than the other one. I had a lot of fun watching it and so did my wife who hates violence. Its not a masterpiece but it did exactly what it aimed to do, be fun and cartoony.

Phantom of the opera: I hated this movie when I watched it like 5 years ago but as I couldnt watch Les Miserables yet, I decided to watch it again. Hmm... what can I say about this. Fuck Joel Shumacher. Just screw him, he should never be allowed to touch anything ever again, Seriously, what the hell? How do you take a masterpiece in the broadway hit PotO and strip it of the intrigue, suspense, magic and just everything that made it amazing. Shumacher should just quit, period. Decent acting, horrible casting of the phantom, just an unbelievably inept job of directing. Take for example the 'point of no return' scene. One of the things that made it amazing in the broadway version is that your watching it not knowing that the phantom has replaced the tenor. You get to experience her slowly suspect that something is wrong and then when the phantom gets carried away and calls her by name, she rips his mask off and 'omg, its the phantom!'. The music picks up with shock and suspense as your emotions do. In the movie, nope we see the phantom attack the tenor and can plainly tell its the phantom. Oh, the body drops, no shit we just saw him get attacked.

STUFF HAPPENS OFF CAMERA you piece of direction crap. Seriously, you were handed a masterpiene, had you done nothing you would have created a critically acclaimed award winning movie. Nope, instead you decided to cast a totally non-creepy gerald butler and throw in crap that is completely useless, used broad angle shots when focusing close would have been much more suspenseful (imagine if in Jerassic Park, they did wide angle during every scary scene... wait you cant, because its stupid? Oh, yeah, thats because Joel Shumaker is an idiot). Overall, 1.5/5 and thats because I love the musical. Fuck him, seriously what the hell,

Crazy Kyd

A Late Quartet. Great movie. It's simply a movie about a Quartet and the lives of the members of the Quartet. The acting is very well done. Christopher Walken does a great job in another serious role. The rest of the cast does a good job as well. I give the movie 4 out of 5 stars.

Hitchcock. Good movie. Basically about Hitchcock and the stuff that went into making the movie psycho, while still kind of talking about Hitchcock's life. Not for everyone, but I personally enjoyed it. I give the movie 4 out of 5 stars.

The Bay. Great found footage thriller. This is one of the better found footage style movies I have seen in quite some time. It is set up like an after-the-fact documentary using footage of the events. It is basically about an outbreak in a small town. It is basically a found footage style of Contagion. There were a lot of different mediums of film being used, from police cameras to Skype recordings. The editing of the movie was great, which added more enjoyment to the movie. There are not too many scares, but they are spread throughout the movie. The acting was alright, but it doesn't matter too much since a good portion of it is somewhat narrated like a documentary. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

! JDM The Professional !

Trance: was a crazy film.  I didn't mind it, although it was a let down as to what I was expecting.  6/10
Worth seeing if you've never heard about it and want to see a crazy film.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on April 14, 2013, 11:16:59 PM
Trance: was a crazy film.  I didn't mind it, although it was a let down as to what I was expecting.  6/10
Worth seeing if you've never heard about it and want to see a crazy film.

I want to see that. Looks interesting.

42. Pretty good movie. I thought the movie was like every other typical sports movie. It has a good message, as well as the telling of a great story but beyond that, the movie is bland. The acting is good and makes the movie enjoyable. I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars.

Jonny Worldbeater

Prepare to be jealous, folks.

Just got back from seeing Iron Man 3.

Also, I saw it in a special 'Gold Lounge' screening room that one of those 'deluxe' theatres we have in our area. It's a bit more pricey than a standard ticket but the experience is worth it, with reclining seats and in-theatre restaurant quality food that can be delivered to you. It's also a smaller, more intimate screening space, so it kind of feels like your own personal luxury lounge room entertainment system.

And, coupled with the movie I got to see, it was quite probably the best cinematic experience I've ever had.

To put it simply, from a first impression, I loved this movie. I'm going to sound like such a gushing fanboy, but fuck it; I think it may very well be the best of the Iron Man movies to date, and I hesitate to say, but with how jazzed up I am over it, it might even be better than Avengers (though it may not be a fair judgment to make until I've seen it over again, probably a few times).

I thought the story was awesome, the characters and their arcs and motivations were awesome, the performances were awesome, the action was awesome, the pacing was awesome, the twists were awesome (even when you could see some of them coming) and the 'fan service' moments were FUCKING AWESOME.

I left the theatre just beaming with a grin from ear to ear and I fully intend to watch this movie again, possibly a number of times, and I highly recommend you go and see it ASAP.

Thumbs up. Five stars. Watch this movie now!

Black Death

damn you ... got one week left  really want to see this film
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Crazy Kyd

I'm definitely going to see Iron Man 3. It looks 100x more promising than Iron Man 2.

Crazy Kyd

The Silent House. Since this was the original of the movie Silent House, I was expecting a lot more to be honest. There were a few more scary moments in this than the remake but I feel that the remake is the better movie. The best part of the movie is the transformation of Laura, but that is really the only high point. I give this movie 1 out of 5 stars.

Dorling

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on April 24, 2013, 07:43:07 PM
The Silent House. Since this was the original of the movie Silent House, I was expecting a lot more to be honest. There were a few more scary moments in this than the remake but I feel that the remake is the better movie. The best part of the movie is the transformation of Laura, but that is really the only high point. I give this movie 1 out of 5 stars.

Is that the Spanish one? Weird movie, but the fact it's recorded in one contnuous shot is impressive.

! JDM The Professional !

I hated Iron Man 2, so going into Iron Man 3 I had little to no expectations of the film. I did love the actors in it, so I decided to go see it with my girlfriend today. Let me just say, thank FUCK it was good!

In fact, I'd say its the most enjoyable superhero movie I've seen in ages (even moreso than the Avengers). The acting was top notch, the storyline was fantastic, and it was made so much better than Iron Man 2. Hell, even my girlfriend liked it! Definitely worth watching!

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Dorling on April 25, 2013, 09:09:33 AM
Is that the Spanish one? Weird movie, but the fact it's recorded in one contnuous shot is impressive.

That was impressive. I forgot to add that point.