Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Kyd

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge. Good movie. While the scares aren't there, I liked the story more than the first movie. The acting wasn't that great, but it is still an enjoyable movie to watch. I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars.

Ty

I watched WWZ in theaters...

It was good, not great but good. Bout exactly what i expected TBH.

3/5

Loved the homages to classic zombie movies though.

Rob.B

What Maisie Knew

This was really, really good. First of all, the script was excellent and it was supported by some great performances from the cast, I can't say enough good things about it.

A

Mike Powers

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on July 30, 2013, 03:44:17 PM
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge. Good movie. While the scares aren't there, I liked the story more than the first movie. The acting wasn't that great, but it is still an enjoyable movie to watch. I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA.

You think that NES 2 (universally called one of the worst in the franchise) is BETTER than the original, which is clearly the best (or at least neck and neck with Dream Warriors)?!?!?

Dude, please tell me you were drinking when you said this.

Dorling

Give the Kyd a break Powers, he paid to watch xXx 6 times at the cinema, he's clearly not been feeling well for a while :)

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Dorling on July 31, 2013, 10:11:53 AM
Give the Kyd a break Powers, he paid to watch xXx 6 times at the cinema, he's clearly not been feeling well for a while :)

In my defense, I was in Middle school when that movie came out. I'm now 23. I also passed up on seeing One Hour Photo to see Triple X for the 6th time, so there.

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 30, 2013, 08:43:46 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA.

You think that NES 2 (universally called one of the worst in the franchise) is BETTER than the original, which is clearly the best (or at least neck and neck with Dream Warriors)?!?!?

Dude, please tell me you were drinking when you said this.

The story in my opinion was better but it did not have the scares like the first one had. That is all I meant. If I had to choose to watch a scary movie, I would watch the first one, no questions asked. I compare it to a SAW II where I find that movie enjoyable but I wouldn't watch that over the original or even one of the later sequels.

Now, on to my review. By the way, I just bought the blu-ray box set of all the movies, so I'm going to post a review of all of them here eventually.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. Right now, Dream Warriors is my favorite Nightmare on Elm Street. The story about the kids in the Psychiatric ward worked extremely well. The one liners were hilarious as well. "Welcome to Prime time, Bitch!" was my favorite. The name Dream Warriors is very catchy, which is a bonus for me. I thought the acting was really good and the best acting of the series so far, in my opinion. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

Mike Powers

NES 3 is DEFINITELY an awesome movie.  Still can't believe your love of NES 2 though.  They radically changed the rules.  Like Freddy "possessing" Jesse, and coming into the real world just because.

Also, the homoerotic imagry was blatant to the point of being over the top.

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 31, 2013, 09:23:34 PM
NES 3 is DEFINITELY an awesome movie.  Still can't believe your love of NES 2 though.  They radically changed the rules.  Like Freddy "possessing" Jesse, and coming into the real world just because.

Also, the homoerotic imagry was blatant to the point of being over the top.

The homoerotic imagery was a bit much, I'll give you that.

Crazy Kyd

A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master. Terrible movie. The story was lame, and the fact that a lot of the characters die doesn't matter as the viewer has no reason to care for them. The acting was terrible too. I give this movie 1 out of 5 stars.

Crazy Kyd

A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child. Not as bad as for, but it still was hard to get through. There was some creativity with the scares, which is a plus. The acting was alright. I give this movie 2 out of 5 stars.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

GROWN UPS 2: Literally one of the worst films I have ever seen. I still dont even understand the plot. Please someone explain the plot to me. Was it they were trying to have a party? And the party was good...and that was about it? And they learnt nothing...FUCKING HORRIBLE! Adam Sandler is literally laughing at the world with his movies these days.

Monsters University: I found this a lot of fun in the cinema and like most pixar movies would highly recommend it.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

The Conjuring: After seeing reviews here went with the woman tonight, really good movie, reminded me alot of Insidious. Highly recommended.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Marq

Quote from: Cory on August 03, 2013, 09:55:29 PM
The Conjuring: After seeing reviews here went with the woman tonight, really good movie, reminded me alot of Insidious. Highly recommended.

Same director, same male lead. :)
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Cory on August 03, 2013, 09:55:29 PM

That's good to hear. I need to see it.

The Way, Way Back. A lot of this movie is formulaic with a story that is about a 14 year old outcast who doesn't really have any friends, nor anyone to help guide him. That being said, I just really enjoyed this movie. I recommend this movie if you want to see a nice drama. The acting is pretty good as well. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.