News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Quote from: Mike Powers on September 06, 2013, 06:24:51 PM
Compliance.

It is based on the true story of a fast food worker who is subjected to strip searches (and worse) when a man, pretending to be a police officer, calls the restaurant that she works at.  Upon looking up the real story after the fact, I was shocked to find out that a vast majority of it was true.  Knowing that people are that gullible, and knowing that this really happened can make it an uncomfortable watch, but still a good movie.

3.8*

Ah ...Law and Order SUV actually use their own version of this story to open with  during one of there episode
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

Quote from: Black Death on September 06, 2013, 06:32:06 PM

Ah ...Law and Order SUV.....

Do they only investigate crimes that occur in Jeeps and the like?

Black Death

Flins.

Finally got round to catching up on films.

Star Trek: Into Darkness - I couldn't convince any friends or family to go watch this with me when it was on at the cinema, so had to wait until Blu Ray release (swore to myself I would not watch crappy download). Well worth the wait. I only saw the series sporadically as a child, so the films are really my first introduction to the characters and the Star Trek Universe, so the criticism of the films lack of originality doesn't really effect me too much. I thought it was amazing, and I have to agree with the general consensus that Benedict Cumberbatch is fucking awesome. Highly recommend.

We're the Millers - Fun comedy, is what it is, Sudeikis who I know mostly from SNL was surprisingly good in the lead and Will Poulter looks like he could be big.

Now You See Me - I was really enjoying this film, right up to the ending. Maybe it was because they built up the plot twist throughout the film and that whoever it was that was revealed would be a let down. But it just didn't sit well with me, and kind of ruined what was a pretty good film. Harrelson & Eisenberg should work together more, still got my fingers crossed for a Zombieland sequel.

Kick Ass 2 - Meh. I liked it, I thought it was a fun action film, but the first film was always going to be difficult to follow and the plot felt a bit weak. It kind of went full circle, and everyone kind of just ended up in the same position they were in earlier, minus a few loved ones. In hindsight, I think they should've gone for the trilogy, and have the progression of 'Motherfucker' at an easier pace. Fun action film overall, few laughs, but mostly it just had too much going on.

Kirk

Escape Plan - Brilliant. Arnie steals the show. Go see it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Black Death

Punisher : War Zone

I saw this movie in the theater back in 2008 and I enjoy it a lot .  I just recently caught it on Spike a few days ago. I remember all the things I love about it ...the action, is satisfying, characters are over the top , the tone is dark and gritty. It captures the tone of the   Punisher comic book perfect. 

Jeremy Baltimore

I sat down and watched a few movies.

I saw Riddick. Downloaded it to a site and burned a copy onto DVD. Never finished watching it and it was fucking awesome. Glad to see Batista and Vin Diesel in the same movie both are fucking awesome. The movie from what I have seen is pretty awesome.
A++
I saw The Wolverine in theaters. It was freaking awesome as well. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is fucking perfection. I loved it completely from beginning to end. Fucking awesome no matter how much people say otherwise it was much better then Real Steel which was alright.
A++
I sat down and saw the movie Watchmen. It was awesome and sad. I was so sad at the end however I didn't cry. I can't say I saw it coming but it was good all together. Loved to see more of it however I doubt there will be another Watchmen movie.
A+++

Marq

Quote from: LoneWolfJericho on November 12, 2013, 04:03:12 AM

I saw Riddick. Downloaded it to a site and burned a copy onto DVD. Never finished watching it and it was fucking awesome. Glad to see Batista and Vin Diesel in the same movie both are fucking awesome. The movie from what I have seen is pretty awesome.
A++
I saw The Wolverine in theaters. It was freaking awesome as well. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is fucking perfection. I loved it completely from beginning to end. Fucking awesome no matter how much people say otherwise it was much better then Real Steel which was alright.
A++
I sat down and saw the movie Watchmen. It was awesome and sad. I was so sad at the end however I didn't cry. I can't say I saw it coming but it was good all together. Loved to see more of it however I doubt there will be another Watchmen movie.
A+++

It's funny, 'cause you'll be seeing them together again in Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" next year.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Duckman

I watched Beyond the Mat again for the MFX Podcast.  Seeing as Roland Alexander passed away recently, we decided to go back and review the movie.  It's on the show that will be posted tonight and the review is a ton of fun.  Relived a lot of memories from when the film first came out.

I also watched Get Shorty again recently.  Anything written by or based on something written by Elmore Leonard is going to be awesome.  This is no exception.  Snappy, funny, good story and an amazing cast.  Well worth a look if you haven't seen it.  A thousand times better than the shitty sequal Be Cool that The Rock was in.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Justin

Quote from: LoneWolfJericho on November 12, 2013, 04:03:12 AM

A++
A++
A+++

I take it your favortie word is awesome...

Ty

I watched the new Thor. Much much better than the first. I enjoyed it

Black Death

Finally saw the Man of Steel... Overall damn good comic book movie ...love the action of the film ... few parts that the movie could do without . but  I can look past it . Well done movie

Crazy Kyd

I hated Man of Steel and I am a Zach Snyder fan. I wanted to like it but I couldn't. I hated the zoom in's during the flying scenes. I thought that was unnecessary.

Duckman

The Marine 3 - Homefront.  Yep, decided to watch this piece of crap movie and review it on MFX68 this week.

Safe to say it's one of the worst action films I've ever seen.  Boring ass plot, terrible script, high school level acting, stupidly shot and put together fight scenes and shoot outs.  Plus the worst bad guy ever.  Oh and The Miz is in it - if you get annoyed with his 'tough guy' frown/pout he does on RAW, avoid this movie.  It's the only expression he does through the whole 85 boring ass minutes.

Now if Miz's Dad had starred in this?  Oscar glory all the way!!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Quadzilla

Quote from: Duckman on November 15, 2013, 08:07:02 AM
The Marine 3 - Homefront.  Yep, decided to watch this piece of crap movie and review it on MFX68 this week.

Safe to say it's one of the worst action films I've ever seen.  Boring ass plot, terrible script, high school level acting, stupidly shot and put together fight scenes and shoot outs.  Plus the worst bad guy ever.  Oh and The Miz is in it - if you get annoyed with his 'tough guy' frown/pout he does on RAW, avoid this movie.  It's the only expression he does through the whole 85 boring ass minutes.

Now if Miz's Dad had starred in this?  Oscar glory all the way!!

Peace

Duckman

Should've listened to my 1/10 Statham's review on Twitter bro.

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.