News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

I'm half way through American Hustle (thank you ambiguous Chinese copy right laws) but I don't think I can take much more of Amy Adams' accent.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Kirk

I watched The Wolf of Wall Street last night. The film is insane, but I loved it. The performances were great from most of the cast and it didn't feel as long as it actually was. Brilliant film.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Black Death

movie night last night ...

The Wolverine: I like it , much better movie than I expected, thought it handle the Wolverine mythos pretty well and nice use of the things from the last movie. You did not have to be a fan or even know of the past movies to know who and what he is and what he is going through. I like the story and the action.  I was never a fan of the Bone claws , but it is what it is ... I like the little teaser at the end for the next movie , well done movie

Riddick : I will be honest I am a big Riddick fan , so I was going to like this movie no matter what.  and I did.  Thought it did a great job in re-capturing the feel of the first Pitch Black movie. You also got a better view of what type of person Riddick is. Enjoy the action and the characters in this film ... yes I have to admit Batista did a good job in it. I mean it was not a challenging role by any means , but I thought he play it well.  I really like Katee Sackhoff performance in the movie ...well done job with her character.   Like I said I am a big fan of the series. So it did nothing to make me not like the movie. 

Justice League WAR : Animated  take on the DC New 52 justice league origin comic . Pretty much the story of the how the Justice League is formed in the New 52 universe.  Enjoy it , love the interactions between the heroes , Batman and Green Lateran had me rolling with laughter.  plus like the including of Cyborg into the league. I always like him.  a lot of action ... the fight between the League and Darkseid was just brutal.  They left a teaser at the end for another movie.  being a fan of comics I enjoy it 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Kirk

I saw the Oldboy remake with Josh Brolin today. It was entertaining enough with some good comic book style ultra-violence thrown in. I think Brolin's performance was pitch perfect and Sharlto Copley was very creepy throughout. Brolin's movement in the fight scenes and the way he carried himself throughout make me think he would have made a great older Batman for the Justice League film. Having said all of that, I couldn't help feeling that there was something missing. It felt like the atmosphere wasn't quite right. It's supposed to be a revenge film with some really dirty subject matter, but the whole things seemed too clean. Having read some reviews since watching it, it sounds like I probably should have watched the original instead.

3/5
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

! JDM The Professional !

Her was breathtaking. Such a beautiful film. I haven't seen emotion and true love in such a good way since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and that's saying something !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Justin

I'm sure I will get cussed out, but I just finished watching American Hustle and I wasn't impressed at all.  To me the movie was just blah.  There were parts that were good, but overall I felt the movie was just flat, for the lack of a better word.  Like Kirk mentioned, Amy Adams accent was fucking terrible and got to the point where I almost cut the movie off because it was so damn aggravating.  I thought Bale played a great role, but the FBI agent (can't think of his name) wasn't all that great.

Chris Shields

Just watched Dallas Buyers Club. It was a good movie, and I enjoyed it, but I didn't feel like it was great. McConagay was good in the role, and did a nice job with the character, but I think most of the praise comes from the transformation he made (weight loss and all of that) and the subject matter of the movie, rather than his actual performance. Jared Leto, good performance from his as well, but with both him and McConagay, I feel like it might have been a little overhyped. By no means did either of them give bad performances, but I didn't really feel like they were Oscar worthy performances, especially when it came to McConagay. Jennifer Garner gave a very solid performance, as did all the other people with smaller parts. His friends, especially Steve Zahn, did a great job and it really helped sell the whole isolation and desperation stuff in the early part of the movie. My only real complaint for the movie is that things did seem to move kind of fast between the different stages of the whole operation, but it was slow while they focused on that particular time, if that makes any sense. Giving this one a 3 out of 5 and a suggestion to rent but not buy.

Chris Shields

2 Parter here, watched Kick Ass 2 last night and Captain Phillips earlier today.

Kick Ass 2 - This movie is what you expect it to be. It's a fairly ridiculous plot with some crazy action, comedy, and lots of blood and violence. If you enjoyed the first one, you should enjoy this one. This is kind of a teen coming of age story, that just happens to be set in a World of people in costumes, violence, and lots of foul language. This one focuses more on what it is to be a hero and all of that stuff, while still being over the top and ridiculous. This one is a little more grounded, and there's less fight scenes, but just like in the first one, they're crazy and fun and over the top. This is one of those that isn't ever gonna win any awards, but it's fun to watch and gets a solid 3 out of 5 with a recommendation to rent, and possibly buy if you can find a good deal on a double pack with the first movie.

Captain Phillips - First things first, I'm a big fan of Tom Hanks and he does a damn good job in this movie. The guy who played the main pirate, fantastic work from him. The whole cast was damn good in this one, and the plot itself was good. Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough going on for me. Even the action scenes, were mostly dialogue and talking. I expected there to be more, and it was a bit of a let down. Still, it was a good movie and the performances were solid, but there were times where I got a little bit bored. It's getting a 3 out of 5, recommendation to rent, but it's not worth a buy.

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on March 23, 2014, 10:33:19 PM
I'm sure I will get cussed out, but I just finished watching American Hustle and I wasn't impressed at all.  To me the movie was just blah.  There were parts that were good, but overall I felt the movie was just flat, for the lack of a better word.  Like Kirk mentioned, Amy Adams accent was fucking terrible and got to the point where I almost cut the movie off because it was so damn aggravating.  I thought Bale played a great role, but the FBI agent (can't think of his name) wasn't all that great.

QFT.

Just watched Grudge Match, and for what it was, wasnt that bad. It kept reminding me of the last rocky movie tho, but had some funny moments and decent acting.  2.5/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mike Powers

12 Years a Slave - it was alright, just plodding in some parts. I also lol'd that [spoiler]Brad Pitt cast himself as the benevolent hero that frees Solomom[/spoiler]

Kirk

This weekend, I saw Thor 2 and Captain America 2. Captain America was a far superior film. I never used to be a fan of Captain America, but I am now. The one problem I've got with the film is that I would much rather see a direct sequel than a new Avengers movie. His ridiculous cameo in Thor 2 perfectly illustrates the problem. Pitting Captain America against aliens and magic is just going to detract from his character and the more sophisticated style of story that they're telling in his stand-alone films. Captain America, Iron Man and Hulk seem to belong to one universe, whereas Thor and the other alien characters seem to belong to another. I think they should keep it that way... although they're clearly not going to.

Thor 2: 2/5
Captain America 2: 4.5/5
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Chris Shields

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier - I've never been a real big fan of Captain America, start out by saying that. The first movie began changing that, and this one pretty much converted me. It's very well done, and when you hear the actors and producers and other people say that it's a 'political thriller masquerading as a coming movie', you don't really think about it, but it's one of those things you remember as you're watching it. I really enjoyed the story of this one, and the moral dilemma's that not just Captain America, but Black Widow and Nick Fury are faced with. The action was great, there was a little comedy (as there is in every Marvel movie) and Chris Evans is a much better Captain America than he was a Human Torch. There's some nice subtle little references and they certainly leave some things open for the future. This one is certainly one of their better stand alone films, and may actually be the best one to date. I'm gonna give this one a 4 out of 5 and highly recommend that you go see it, and when you do, make sure to stick around through all the credits, because there's a scene midway through and then one at the end.

Ty

I watched the new 300 movie. Absolutely no plot or story. All the white games looked the same.

Mike Powers

"Let The Fire Burn". It's a documentary about the MOVE situation in Philadelphia in the mid-80's. Move was a radical group, which fortified a compound on a West Philly row home. Police tried to evacuate the home, a standoff ensued, and the police (literally) dropped a bomb on the home, starting a fire which destroyed 60+ homes.

I lived in Philly when this all went down, but being a teenager at the time I really didn't pay attention as well as I should've. Crazy situation, with fault on both sides. Fantastic documentary. Highly recommend. 5/5.

The TeeJ of Philly

The Amazing Spiderman 2

I liked the first film, I acknowledge the rushed feeling of it but I found it to be entertaining, which is what I want from a movie. This second one, man, does more than entertain me. Maybe it's because I like just a bit more going on than the average movie, but I digress, this movie hit all the right points. The action, the effects, the music. Seen a lot of hate for the villians and imo, the people who hate it don't look at things and expect the movie to hand you every bit of detail. I've read the comics that have gone in line with it so I knew some of the major points this one was going to hit and even that, still had me entertained. TASM2 takes the lead from Captain America: The Winter Solider in how it leads to the eventual third installment, leaving me wanting it now.