News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Saw the cap 2 last week love it recommend if you enjoy comic book movies enjoy it and look forward toward the next one
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

Godzilla in 3D

[spoiler]I enjoyed it for what it was. It got a tad frustrating that they kept hiding Godzilla. Every time you think you're in for the big reveal, they pull it away. They do that twice with his [spoiler]fight with the MUTO.....just show it already![/spoiler] Also, Bryan Cranston's screen time was disappointingly short. [/spoiler]

All in all, it was pretty much what I expected. 7/10

Gravedigger

I enjoyed Godzilla a little more than Powers. It's not Shakespeare, but was fun to watch. I'd probably go 8.5 or 9/10.

Adam Wrong

I was disappointed with godzilla. Human characters are woeful and dull except ken watanabe. The continual hiding of all the monsters even after the reveal was frustrating. That olsen girl needs to be shot for what she considered acting. Her terrified running away face had me laughing out loud. Cranston dialled it in to say the least. The promotional team clearly used his breaking bad residual popularity to promote the film. Unnecessary scenes were far too frequent. The guy from Kickass was clearly going for the channing tatum cardboard approach to his acting. Not enough giant monster fighting and far too much stereotypical American action film clichés for my liking. 6/10 purely for entertainment value

Strike

Quote from: M.D.K. on May 16, 2014, 08:31:48 PM
I was disappointed with godzilla. Human characters are woeful and dull except ken watanabe. The continual hiding of all the monsters even after the reveal was frustrating. That olsen girl needs to be shot for what she considered acting. Her terrified running away face had me laughing out loud. Cranston dialled it in to say the least. The promotional team clearly used his breaking bad residual popularity to promote the film. Unnecessary scenes were far too frequent. The guy from Kickass was clearly going for the channing tatum cardboard approach to his acting. Not enough giant monster fighting and far too much stereotypical American action film clichés for my liking. 6/10 purely for entertainment value

This summarizes it well. Definitely needed more of the monster aspect in it. But what was there of the monsters, however, absolutely ruled. Hopefully more of it if they decide to pull the trigger on a continuation.

GM Franchise

Godzilla

[spoiler]I really liked Godzilla. It focused more on the backstory of what was going on and the government's response to it than anything else. However I did like it overall especially the monster scenes. Awesome stuff there. Came across more as a action drama about the government response to a disaster than a kaiju monster movie.[/spoiler]
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

! JDM The Professional !

X-Men: Days of Future past

Fucking awesome. That's how comic book movies should be done !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Mike Powers

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on May 24, 2014, 05:51:21 AM
X-Men: Days of Future past

Fucking awesome. That's how comic book movies should be done !

Better, worse, equal to Cap 2?

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 24, 2014, 06:15:41 AM
Better, worse, equal to Cap 2?

I haven't seen 1, 2 and 3 in the longest of times. I just downloaded them and plan to marathon them tonight. Will let you know but from memory its better than them.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Mike Powers

Sorry, let me rephrase.  Have you seen Captain America 2?  Is X-Men DOFP better/equal/not as good as Cap 2?

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 24, 2014, 06:33:37 AM
Sorry, let me rephrase.  Have you seen Captain America 2?  Is X-Men DOFP better/equal/not as good as Cap 2?

My bad, misread your post. Better than capt 2.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Krazy

What I heard they are setting up for the next X-Men movie and its a godly.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on May 24, 2014, 08:03:30 PM
My bad, misread your post. Better than capt 2.

I disagree but that's not saying XMen 2 is shit ... I just have a high pedestal for Cap 2

Gravedigger

Agree with Pancho. I liked X-Men, but Cap 2 is fantastic.

Mike Powers

I enjoyed XMen DOFP as a standalone film, but it it full of plot holes and contradictions from the previous X-movies. The biggest if which is

[spoiler]how is Professor X alive? He clearly died in X3. It's not as if they were moving forward as if that film didn't exist, because Wolverine was clearly shocked to see Jean Grey and Cyclops alive. [/spoiler]