Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 26, 2014, 12:23:23 AM
I enjoyed XMen DOFP as a standalone film, but it it full of plot holes and contradictions from the previous X-movies. The biggest if which is

[spoiler]how is Professor X alive? He clearly died in X3. It's not as if they were moving forward as if that film didn't exist, because Wolverine was clearly shocked to see Jean Grey and Cyclops alive. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]They did move forward if that film didn't exist because it's in a different timeline than Days of Future Past. One in which that never happened due to the Sentinels being created after the assassination of Bolivar Trask.[/spoiler]
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

[spoiler]By the end of DOFP, we are in a new timeline, where X1/X2/X3 never happened, and the post 1973 aspects of the Wolverine films never happened.  But in the beginning of the movie (the Sentinel overrun future), we are in the same continuity of all the previous movies, just in the future (roughly 2023).

When Young Charles went into Wolverine's mind, it solidified that fact, by showing snippets of the other X-movies (Jean dying, etc).  It also goes to show why he was blown away at the end of the movie by finding out that his actions in the past led to his dead friends no longer being dead.

Also, the post credit stinger for The Wolverine showed how shocked he was that Charles was alive.  He asked "how is this possible" to which Charles replies "you're not the only one with tricks up your sleeve", or something to that effect.[/spoiler]

Chris Shields

Went and sat X-Man: Days of Future Past, today, and the big takeaway is that this movie should be called X-Men: Days of Fuck Continuity. I won't give away anything here, but there are so many things in this movie that just fly in the face of The Last Stand and Origins, which while they both completely sucked ass, are used as canon in this movie. If you haven't seen those movies, well you're lucky in the fact you haven't seen those movies, and you won't be left saying "but wait a minute" every 10 minutes, when you watch this movie. Like Powers, I enjoyed the movie as a stand alone film, hell I enjoyed it as a sequel to First Class, the big problem is that it's somehow a sequel, a prequel, and a reboot, all rolled in to one. At the end of the day, the movie itself was good, I did enjoy it, and I would suggest seeing it if you're an X-Men fan, but I'd suggest you wait until it hits redbox or netflix, and just spend a few bucks as opposed to dropping 20 at the theater.

¿PapaPancho?

I enjoyed XMen DOFP as a standalone film, but it it full of plot holes and contradictions from the previous X-movies. The biggest if which is

[spoiler]how is Professor X alive? He clearly died in X3. It's not as if they were moving forward as if that film didn't exist, because Wolverine was clearly shocked to see Jean Grey and Cyclops alive. [/spoiler]

End credits scene of x3 ... and small notations about transfering consciousness during the film itself

Mike Powers

And he is still Patrick Stewart because.....?

Tezmission Black

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 27, 2014, 01:48:26 AM

The only thing I can think is that he is projecting that image to everyone's minds so thats what they see him as.

Mike Powers

Okay, then why would he need the wheelchair then, if he was in another body and just projecting his face?

People are trying to explain it away, but the fact remains it's a continuity issue, plain and simple.

Kirk

Because Patrick Stewart is awesome.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 27, 2014, 02:15:15 AM
Okay, then why would he need the wheelchair then, if he was in another body and just projecting his face?

People are trying to explain it away, but the fact remains it's a continuity issue, plain and simple.

"Your not the only one with gifts Logan"

a.k.a SHUT UP POWERS

Chris Shields

Apparently because it was his brain dead twin brother that nobody ever knew about or mentioned, because, oh yea, he didn't fucking exist in the comics, and was only put in there because Brett Ratner is a colossal dumbass.

Kirk

I saw the latest X-Men film today. I'll probably get banned from the boards for this but, I thought it was boring. None of the characters had anything interesting about them and were pretty 1 dimensional. Wolverine was pretty much neutered throughout (he barely even fights anyone). The best parts were the scenes with Quicksilver (who was the most interesting character) but they are only early in the film. There was a bit too much CGI when they could have used makeup instead (Beast looked ridiculous at the end). The X-men films are crying out for someone like Gambit to spice things up a bit (but not Channing Tatum). 3d ruins all films. Other than all of that, I thought it was OK.

Nowhere near as good as Captain America (and I've always preferred X-men to Cap).
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Ty

I really enjoyed X-Men but I have to say, it wasn't amazing in any way. The best parts were the future parts imo. It kinda felt flat to me, not overwhelmingly awesome but a solid movie from start to finish that never left good territory and entered into great.

Jonny Worldbeater

Simple answer: X-Men 3 was shit and this movie is retroactively removing it from continuity.

Mike Powers

Gravedigger

It seemed like they picked and chose what elements they wanted to keep/use from the first three films and fit them into the new series.

Continuity may have been absolute shit, but it was still entertaining.