Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

I find it crazy that people want to debate it too.  It was quite obvious that there were glaring continuity mistakes, but people want to try to explain those away with X, Y, and Z.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 31, 2014, 12:29:50 AM
I find it crazy that people want to debate it too.  It was quite obvious that there were glaring continuity mistakes, but people want to try to explain those away with X, Y, and Z.
I completely agree with this, and I only brought up the Patrick Stewart deal because it was an explanation I read somewhere and thought was stupid. The movie was decent, it was entertaining, and if the whole point was to wipe out X-Men 3 and the Origins movie, while letting the First Class crew pretty much takeover, than it did it's job very well.

Cory

Quote from: M.D.K. on May 16, 2014, 08:31:48 PM
I was disappointed with godzilla. Human characters are woeful and dull except ken watanabe. The continual hiding of all the monsters even after the reveal was frustrating. That olsen girl needs to be shot for what she considered acting. Her terrified running away face had me laughing out loud. Cranston dialled it in to say the least. The promotional team clearly used his breaking bad residual popularity to promote the film. Unnecessary scenes were far too frequent. The guy from Kickass was clearly going for the channing tatum cardboard approach to his acting. Not enough giant monster fighting and far too much stereotypical American action film clichés for my liking. 6/10 purely for entertainment value

Saw it last night, my thoughts exactly...both me and my girlfriend laughed at that chicks terrified running face.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Documentary: Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

Don't think I have ever cried so much watching a film in my life and I couldn't care less if that loses me man points. Honestly, the most heartbreaking and touching documentary I have ever seen.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 19, 2014, 10:21:08 PM
Documentary: Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

Don't think I have ever cried so much watching a film in my life and I couldn't care less if that loses me man points. Honestly, the most heartbreaking and touching documentary I have ever seen.

I second this....I didnt have the same reaction as I recall a lot of the news stories about it as a kid as my parents followed it heavily on the news as well as learning about the case in Law class, it being arguably the most tragic murder in Atlantic Canada history....but outstanding film.

Ian if you're never seen Paradise Lost (cant recall, maybe your recommendation of it here made ME watch it) but its the same type of documentary.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Seen all 3 Paradise Lost films Cor, 3 of my favourite documentaries also seen one I think that was brought out much later called West of Memphis or something to that effect.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Tezmission Black

Batman: Assault on Arkham

If you are a fan of DC's animated movies, this one will be perfect for you. When it comes to their Animated movies they are hard to beat.

Assault on Arkham is amazing, the premise of the Suicide Squad is interesting, and I love me some Harley Quinn. The story has a lot going on at all times and It all wraps itself up.

I would suggest it to anyone who enjoys the movies and have an hour and a half to spare to watch it.

Kirk

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Not bad. The special effects are incredible and the action is exciting. It's very slow in parts and the basic story is pretty familiar. I watched the previous film yesterday so I'd know what was going on and I'd say that was a much better film. Not enough Gary Oldman and 3D still ruins movies.

3/5
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Mike Powers

I agree about 3D.  My wife LOOOOVES 3D, and insists on seeing whichever movie we want to see in 3D (if the option is there).  I feel the screen becomes so washed out and dark, it is hard to see what is going on at times.  It also makes my eyes very tired.

Adam Wrong

Sin City 2. Visually stunning, fantastic sequel. If you liked the first then you will love this. It's not a sequel, it's not a prequel ; it's a hybrid of both. Eva Green looks hot as hell in it. Dwight is now played by Josh brolin instead of Clive Owen and adds a whole new dimension to it. Cameos by Lady Gaga and Christopher Lloyd were brilliant and overall it was a slick, classy movie. 9.5/10

Tezmission Black

Death Note and Death Note 2:The Last Name

Both where great live action movies based off the Manga and Anime and I feel they translated a 37 episode series and a 12 volume manga is just four hours.

Before I go too far I just wanted to add that I hated the character of Near and thought he was pointless in both Anime and Manga and the movies did the right thing by not addressing him and allowing the premise to be Kira vs L and that's it. I know that in L Saves the WorLd they mention Near but it's not the premise and doesn't take away from the story any so I should be happy with that.

As I said I enjoyed the story, the acting was really good, just watching the actors act out the scenes where fantastic, and then add on the majority of the anime voice actors reprising their roles was a great grab as well.

If I was to give it a rating out of 5 I think I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 just for some minor nitpicks here or there but all and all it was a great show and I would suggest anyone who enjoyed the series or the manga or even enjoy a great suspense drama to check it out.

I'm getting L: Saves the WorLd next once I return these two films so hopefully soon I can review that one, it'll be my first viewing of it so should be interesting.

Krazy

"This is the End"

We had a free Redbox code so we got this. The wifie was getting grossed out by the gore which shocked me since she knows how it was made. The splatstick moments were great. The stand out actor was Craig Robinson who needs more staring roles my thought.The ending made us bust a gut. The mix of gore to comedy help it be good but not as great as expected I give it.

3  1/2 out of 5

¿PapaPancho?

"The Equalizer"

It's everything you expect it to be and delivers.  If you wanted to watch a Man on Fire sequel this is it.  If that's not your cup of tea stay away.

Gravedigger

Quote from: PapaPancho on September 27, 2014, 01:49:34 AM
"The Equalizer"

It's everything you expect it to be and delivers.  If you wanted to watch a Man on Fire sequel this is it.  If that's not your cup of tea stay away.

Agreed.

Krazy

"The Curse of Chucky"

First and foremost I love the Child's play series. Quick story this is five years after the events of "Seed of Chucky". I had the option of doing unrated or rated. I took the unrated to be bummed to find out it was only 2 minutes longer with unrated. Most of the gore were practical effects which made me happy. Some of the flaws were figuring out the plot points right away and figure out. We find out [spoiler]Charles LaRea was family friends with victims. He caused Nica (the hero) to be paralyze and he was back to avenge his murder.[/spoiler] The ending left open for a sequel and a end credits ending that makes fans happy [spoiler]Andy is back and he pulls a shotgun on Chucky![/spoiler]

Overall expanding the universe and cover more backstory is awesome!

Rating out of 5

3.5 out of 5