Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Shields

San Andreas - This was cheesy in the absolute worst of ways. Bad one liners, ridiculous effects, a plot that was both simple and puzzling at the same time, and not 1, but 2 love stories that just feel completely out of place and stupid. There's far too many close calls that the main character just narrowly manage to slip through while everyone else around them dies, and the ending may have been one of the cheesiest moments I've ever seen on screen. There's also the fact that if you take a step back for a few seconds, you realize that The Rock's character is really a selfish dick. Dude abandons the job he's supposed to be doing, not once, but twice. Sure it's his ex-wife and daughter, but those other millions of people is someones ex-wife and daughter too. Why are these two more important. If it wasn't for Alexandria Daddario's tits being on display (not nude, just bikini, low cut shorts, lots of shots with them bouncing) a significant amount of time, this would be getting a freaking 0. As it is, I'm giving it a 1 out of 5 and thanking God I didn't have to pay to see it.

Chris Shields

Jurassic World - This was a good follow up to the original Jurassic Park, and luckily they pretty mugh ignore the 2nd and 3rd movies all together. There's some nice little homages to the original, but they're not over done, and it saves it from going into that cheesy territory. The main plot is fairly simple, and follows a similar idea to the first one. Man messes around with shit he shouldn't be messing around with, and it bites everyone in the ass. There are some twists with the park being very corporate and the army being involved in the raptor training program to see if they can use them as weapons, etc. I certainly wouldn't say it's better than the first one, and I don't know if I'd say it's as good, but it comes close. Overall it was an enjoyable movie, the story is a little ridiculous, but it's fun. I mean, it's a movie about dinosaurs, of course there's gonna be some ridiculousness to it. I'm gonna give this one a 4 out of 5, and suggest you go and watch it, provided of course that you liked the original.

Gravedigger

Quote from: Chris Shields on June 16, 2015, 11:38:16 PM
San Andreas - This was cheesy in the absolute worst of ways. Bad one liners, ridiculous effects, a plot that was both simple and puzzling at the same time, and not 1, but 2 love stories that just feel completely out of place and stupid. There's far too many close calls that the main character just narrowly manage to slip through while everyone else around them dies, and the ending may have been one of the cheesiest moments I've ever seen on screen. There's also the fact that if you take a step back for a few seconds, you realize that The Rock's character is really a selfish dick. Dude abandons the job he's supposed to be doing, not once, but twice. Sure it's his ex-wife and daughter, but those other millions of people is someones ex-wife and daughter too. Why are these two more important. If it wasn't for Alexandria Daddario's tits being on display (not nude, just bikini, low cut shorts, lots of shots with them bouncing) a significant amount of time, this would be getting a freaking 0. As it is, I'm giving it a 1 out of 5 and thanking God I didn't have to pay to see it.

Everyone would be going for their ex-wife and daughter... He wasn't a dick. He was being real. Fuck everyone else if the world is ending....

As for the movie, it's what you should expect.

Flins.

Watched Jurassic World last night, and I have to admit, I came out a little disappointed. I would put it on a par with the 2nd and 3rd films in the franchise. There is no story, there are no characters worth investing in outside of 'Blue' and the whole film has zero tension, which was what made the first film such a classic. It does have some interesting elements though, the projected use of velociraptors in the military was quite a clever idea and I almost wish that had been the pretense to the film, and then we discover the genetically modified Andromonous Rex that the military and science guys have been cooking up. There were little things thrown in there that did make me smile though, and some funny characters, the Richard Branson-esque owner of the park was probably the highlight of the bunch. And as much as it pains me because I am a big fan of his, Chris Pratt seemed a little wooden in this, just squinted his way through most of his pretty limited dialogue. The film was less of a story, more of a sequence of action with the faintest semblance of a plot. With all that being said, I can't say I was bored at any point, I had a few laughs, and visually it looked great with the mix of puppets and CGI. I would still recommend it to anyone to go and see this whilst it is in the cinema, but have the right expectations. If you are a massive dinosaur nerd like myself and love the Crichton books and the first film, it is not going to blow your mind, but as an action flick all round, there are worse films out there.

Cory

- Jurassic World: Pretty much what I expected, the final fight scene was solid and I like Chris Pratt, even though he pretty much just plays the same character in his movies. Thoroughly entertained. Downloaded it though so didnt get the full visual and theater enjoyment from this movie. 3.5/5

- Insidious 3: Went to theaters, and this was a turd. I enjoyed the first one, hated the second, and went into this one with an open mind. Maybe 2-3 solid jump scares but the rest of the movie was lame, including an awful ending. The first Insidious was a fresh, jump scare movie that didn't need to lay on the gore to scare people. This was a flatter version of that. 2/5

- Poltergeist: Saw the shitty reviews of people saying it was crap compared to the original......I had never seen the original so I figured I would enjoy it. WTF? I guess I thought I was watching a horror movie, not something that's more sci-fi than horror. Just a stupid movie....might have to watch the original to appreciate this so called "classic". 0.5/5

Going to see the Entourage Movie this weekend, I hope it makes up for the shitty series finale.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mike Powers

Entourage is good. It erases the series finale and replaces it with a better one. Even though they go to the "will they or won't they" well with E and Sloan for roughly the 10,000th time.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Adam Wrong

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on June 24, 2015, 05:35:24 PM
Fuck Jurassic world...

Thank you - I have no desire to see this movie and this helps prove my point

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

More cheese than a cheese man at a cheese convention eating his sister...who is made of cheese
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Chris Shields

Ted 2 - This one may be better than the first. The first one was funny and dirty, but it had a good plot and story, which is what made it more than just mindless dumb comedy. The story and plot to the sequel are good as well, and it's funner than the first one. I'll say that it's dirtier than the first one, but not in a bad way. Pretty much, if you enjoyed the first Ted and thought it was funny, you will enjoy Ted 2 and laugh your ass off. This one is getting a 5 out of 5 from me. I have no complaints at all about the movie.

GZG Online

Man of Steel - good fun movie with lots of explosions and good characterisation. Back to loving Superhero films after being so disappointed with Age of Ultron.
11 year "veteran"... one day I'll get a real life ;-)

The TeeJ of Philly

Watch the latest Transformer, the one with Marky Mark. For a senseless simple story movie, it was fun. The effects were lazy tho, which in a movie like that, kind of takes away from the fun a bit. There were times that it was clear that some fight scenes were mo-cap'd, had that feel of those early 00s movies you go back and watch that the effects seemed out of place.

I thought the cast was good. Kelsey Grammer should be the bad guy in a lot more movies, Tucci was enjoyable. I thought it was good job of not have Marky Mark just luck into saving the girl, he's actually doing something.

Also enjoyed John Goodman as Hound.

Cory

Quote from: Mike Powers on June 23, 2015, 01:51:32 PM
Entourage is good. It erases the series finale and replaces it with a better one. Even though they go to the "will they or won't they" well with E and Sloan for roughly the 10,000th time.

Just got back from it and agree. I thought the wedding after the credits could have been funnier, but all in all a solid ending that the show deserved,.

Mike Powers

I just wish they had let Piven go "Full Ari" at least once. He only got up to about 60% on the Ari-meter.

Cory

Quote from: Mike Powers on June 27, 2015, 09:54:10 PM
I just wish they had let Piven go "Full Ari" at least once. He only got up to about 60% on the Ari-meter.

Perfect opportunity during 'Gaysians' wedding.