News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Fnord on June 18, 2010, 10:16:20 AMhttp://discordicadventuresoffnord.blogspot.com/2010/06/shutter-island-2010.html

Shutter Island

3/5 Stars

I saw this movie a few nights ago and I'd agree with the overall rating. It was a decent movie. Good enough, but nothing really special. There was also something just kinf of off about it IMO.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Brooklyn's Finest

was a decent flick, though I kind of feel with the ending they had no idea how to end it so they just had a kind of shoot out scenario. Had a lot of mixes of previous decent cop and mob films.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Exile

Quote from: Reaper on June 17, 2010, 11:42:15 AM
In the Loop

Very funny film to watch. Loved the fact that the entire film just took the piss out of politicians.

B

I loved this movie, was one my top ten from last year. Brilliant writing.

Drama Queen

Toy Story 3

This is how you write a sequel ten years later to a franchise. Great stuff. Not really sure how to review it per se, it touched on some very relevent subjects for me. The characters are as awesome as they were a decade ago, the friendship between Woody and Buzz goes through touching ups and downs and well... it's a great blend of comedy, action some downright creepy characters and an interesting further expansion of the whole "life moves on" type thing.

Basically somehow managed to totally avoid being a disappointment as so many sequels (especially such time-elapsed ones) are.

Quite frankly I loved it.

More importantly, so did my kid... I was sideways glancing his reactions all during the movie and they were wonderful!

A+

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 20, 2010, 09:17:54 PM
Toy Story 3

This is how you write a sequel ten years later to a franchise. Great stuff. Not really sure how to review it per se, it touched on some very relevent subjects for me. The characters are as awesome as they were a decade ago, the friendship between Woody and Buzz goes through touching ups and downs and well... it's a great blend of comedy, action some downright creepy characters and an interesting further expansion of the whole "life moves on" type thing.

Basically somehow managed to totally avoid being a disappointment as so many sequels (especially such time-elapsed ones) are.

More importantly, so did my kid... I was sideways glancing his reactions all during the movie and they were wonderful!

A+

This is probably the best way to describe it.  kind of made me wish i had a kid to share it with
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Capt. Josh Underpants on June 13, 2010, 09:33:58 PM
11:14

Just finished watching it for the second time and I still enjoy it.  At first glance it seems like a movie that was thrown together, but if you really watch it, it shows just how connected little events are and how if even 1 tiny little thing had changed so many other things would have been different.

10/10

If you haven't seen it, I really suggest you do.  ESPECIALLY TIM since it has his favorite person ever (Patrick Swayze)

I watched this based on your recommendation.

FAIL.

3/10.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Quote from: Timbo The Grump on June 22, 2010, 07:51:49 PM

I watched this based on your recommendation.

FAIL.

3/10.

Maybe I did all this on purpose to make you watch it.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Jonny Worldbeater

Just got finished watching 'The Princess & The Frog'. Great movie! Probably not really up there with the classics or anything but easily the best Disney film in a long time. Good story, good characters, good music, and some great traditional animation, which gets big props from me for keeping the 2D stuff alive and doing something good with it.

And I've got nothing against CGI animation, but it's overdone and it tends to make people forget that it's not the sizzle that's important, it's the steak.

It doesn't matter how 'spectacular' the animation is or how much 'better' it is than traditional, 2-dimensional, hand-drawn animation if you don't actually do anything with it. If there's no ... See morerealness, no soul or no life in it, then it's just sterile, synthetic and empty no matter what it looks like.

The whole point of animation is to bring something to life, and this movie definitely has a lot of life in it. Definitely worth a look if you have the chance.

Thumbs up.

Jonny Worldbeater

Just got finished watching 'Zombieland' this afternoon.

GREAT fucking movie. Tremendous.

I mean, it was funny, it was clever, it had some great performances, very likable characters, some great action, some genuine emotion, a fucking SPECTACULAR cameo in the middle, and it actually kind of had a POINT to it to, and all in a movie that was less than 90 minutes long.

Awesome movie, and along with 'Princess and the Frog' I think I'll definitely be adding it to my DVD collection.

Thumbs way up.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

THE COLLECTOR

Hostel meets Saw in a B rated horror suspense movie which sees cheerleader's lesbo room mate from Heroes get her boobs out for a bit. Watchable flick.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 20, 2010, 09:17:54 PMToy Story 3

A+

Having just seen this movie yesterday, pretty much this.

Great, great movie.

Kurt

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Watched it at a friend's party last week. I personally liked the X-Men movies that came out in previous years, and thought they were well done. This one...well, it was somewhat okay.

The story seemed decent enough, but kind of jumped around a lot. I never really felt for Wolverine as a character, and felt there wasn't much growth on his part. Ah well.

Hated the effects. I just think they looked so fake, as did a lot of the stunts and jumps. :/

Overall, decent enough, wouldn't pay to see it. 6/10 from me.