News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Origin of "soccer"

Started by The Dudester, July 01, 2010, 07:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dudester

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/its-football-to-you-soccer-to-me--fbintl_ro-soccervsfootball070110.html

Interesting article over at the yahoo's World Cup section. It talks about how the term "soccer" came to be used. It does come across as a slant against English people, and since some people here are from across the pond, I figured I'd post to get their thoughts.

I know Americans get bashed 24/7 over calling it "soccer", but according to this, the term "soccer" actually originated in England.

Bryan Payne

Kind of made me think of this...

The Dudester

Agh... here comes the moment Im kicked off the site due to obscure knowledge about things a man shouldn't know...

*deep breath of agony*

In Twilight.. the sparkly vampire DOES score...and somehow impregnates Bella which is the basis of the 4th book. You can thank my wife, daughter and neice for that information.

Bryan Payne

Yeah well..  apparently Germany scores too!     ;D      I kid, I kid.. 

But Maddox.. you should have taken that to your grave... 

jagilki

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Ur second response is the worst thing I have ever seen and you are now removed from the Final Solution
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Jennifer

I was actually aware of the fact it was a British term Maddox, lol. It's pretty interesting a thing to consider, given as you said the amount of stick the Americans get for that. I try to point it out when I can. My beef actually comes when people insist that it is NOT football... it is soccer, because 'football' is the NFL or w/e. That's just irritating.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

The Dudester

Be careful Josh.. Maddox will come back as a sparkling pedophile and job to you time after time after time...

BUT HE WILL WATCH YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!