News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Favorite Comfort Foods

Started by Rebel Child, September 17, 2008, 05:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebel Child

I am a foodie.

Not only am I a foodie, I'm a foodie snob.

I've been to places before, and the food was subpar to my standards, and I speak with the manager, people around me where i'm sitting, actually say their food tasted wonderful.  Yes, I can be a handful at times, but let's face it.  If I'm going out to dinner, I'm going to get something I enjoy, and something that I expect to live up to the standard that I am paying for.

However, that doesn't mean that while I am a foodie snob, I do not have my own comfort foods.

Comfort foods are the ones that make us feel a)happy, b) sated, c) content, d) warm.

Comfort foods are something that everyone has.  Either it's the chocolate fudge cake that your grandmother used to make you all the time, and now you make for those special "have to have chocolate" moments.  Or the best slice of pizza from your local slice joint.

When I was a kid my comfort food was rump roast, with home made mashed potatos and home made gravy.  My mother would make it at least once every other week, and to this day when Imake the gravy from the drippings, (lumps included), I can sit back and smile at the dinner I made, and think of my mom.

My comfort food of choice now would actually have to be oddly enough the local pizza joint's pizza that they have.

It's called the panther pizza.  It has onions, mushrooms, sausage, bacon, and...green olives on it.  A nice light butterfy crust that is neither thin nor deep.

I don't order it often (only because the temptation to wreck it comes into view). 

But I like the fact it has my favorite toppings on it, as well as the fact I don't have to cook.  I love cooking, but sometimes, I seriously cannot be assed to do so.

I also find that home made lasagna, even after it's been in the fridge for a day is a comfort food of mine, perhaps that's just the small smidgen of Italian in me - who knows.

Anyways....

What are your favorite comfort foods and why?

TheNthDegree

My favourite comfort food is probably either a plain, pepperoni pizza from Pizza Pizza (you can put it in the fridge for the week and eat it without heating it up and it's gorgeous) or to be perfectly honest...Oreo ice cream sandwiches. Yum.

Duckman

My Mum's beef stew.  It reminds me of Sunday's in the winter as a kid, the fire on in the living room, watching football on the TV with my Dad and brother and this amazing stew for dinner!

Also probably my Dad's curries.  He's studied Indian cooking for about 20 years now, makes his own spice mixes, garam masalas and all that good shit.  He makes some of the best, most authentic tasting curries I've ever had.  His best one is the Prawn madras with tamarind, spiced onions, coconut rice and a cucumber, red pepper and peanut curry as a side dish.  The whole thing is fucking amazing!

From my own cooking I like making really good cheese on toast, got to be strong chedder and have either red onion or Lee and Perrins Sauce on it.  Plus you can't beat a fried egg sandwich with 2 fried eggs, a piece of fried bread in the middle and loads of tomato sauce.  That's my hang over cure as well, lol.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Bryan

popcorn. it's so easy to make....and it tastes so good :)

i'd also go with stuffed crust pizza but i havent had any as of late.

Rae

favorite comfort food is home made chocolate chip cookies or warm soup in a bread bowl, from either Panera Bread or Atlanta Bread Company. And Pierogies!

Smash INC

Tuna Pasta Bake, loved the stuff when my dad first started making them and that has followed through to the present.

Although recently I've had a BAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD hankering for Mocha Coffee Ice Cream :D