Lifehack: Extend the life of your disposable razor catridges

Started by Judge, September 09, 2008, 12:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

I've been doing this a for a little bit now, and it's practically doubled the life of mine:

After you're done shaving, clean it off and wash it and tap it dry with a lint free cloth.  Find a small jar, pint size or less (mason jars work lovely) with a lid for it.  Pour a bit of alcohol in it, cheap vodka works well in this case.  Pop the razor cartridge off the razor handle and let it be completely submerged under the vodka.

This will stop the blades from getting micro rust, as there's more alcohol than water.  I assume you could also do this with that blue stuff from a barber's shop, but this is cheaper.

I've made a cartridge last about two months, instead of the three weeks they normally last from every other day shaving.

Judge

It should work for any razor cartridges that are asshole expensive to replace.

I don't know about single use disposables, but those are dirt cheap anyhow.

I suppose you could try.

Rebel Child

And it won't work on those ones that have the actual shaving gel -around- the razor that women have now [cant think of the name of them, but I have one]

The gel stuff would disentegrate

TaNK

GM J Porter

Just replace the Vodka with Rubbing Alcohol, which can be readily purchased in the health and beauty section of your local department store.

Mineral Spirits should work too, anything that stops the Oxidation process.