News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Black Death..

Started by TaNK, September 10, 2008, 04:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaNK

And anybody else.

Tell me how to  make a good steak. Medium rare.

Black Death

Well my good friend tank let me give you a recipe for a good steak

MARINATED STEAK

1 TO 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, 1 inch thick , all visable , fat removed

MARINADE

1/2 cup dry red wine , non alcoholic red wine ( if you like that kind of thing)  or Low-sodium beef broth

3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or wine vinegar
1 tablespoon acceptable vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried , crumbled
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dired , crumbled
3 cloves garlic , crushed or 1 2/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon freashly ground pepper

(now this is if you wanted to make you own marinade , you can go to the store and buy a name brand one , like A1 or jack daniels , etc. )

Vegetable oil spray

frshly ground pepper to taste

Place steak in an airtight plastic bag  or in a baking dish . In a small nonmetallic bowl , combine  marinade ingredients ( if you are making you own. )  pour over steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigrate for at least 8 hours , turning occasionally . 

Preheat broiler. Spray broiler pan with vegetable oil spray . Set aside

Remove steak from marinade, pat dry , and sprinkle with pepper. Place meat on prepare broiler pan

Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat untill desired doneness

4 to 7 minutes on each side for medium - well done, or 3 to 5 minutes on each side for medium - rare . Slice Diagonally arcoss the grain into thin slices   

there you go...Trust me you enjoy this.   
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Big Gay Honker

Warm up your grill and combine these things up.  I don't measure, so bear with me.

In a bowl, combine a tablespoon of soy sauce
a cap full of lemon juice
half a teaspoon of basil
Tablespoon of ketchup
Tablespoon of Spicy Mustard
Tablespoon of vinegar
a few dashes of red pepper
a few dashes of Garlic powder
a few dashes of onion powder
2 pinches of Kosher Salt
1 pinch of sugar (Brown is better)
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of water

Stab your steak a few times in different place, place everything in a sammich bag, and seal it in fridge for an hour.  Grill steak, with your grill lid open.  This will cook steaks slower so they don't go into done so quickly.  I also recommend Leroy's Steak and Chop seasoning while the grilling is happening.  Most steak seasoning taste too salty to me.  I also prefer Sirloin for this.

GM J Porter

first KNOW YOUR BUTCHER...  always by your steak from a place with a good meat department with a knowledgable staff. Choose steaks with a nice marbling in them (Basically the more the steak looks like a marble pattern with the meat/fat the better the flavor of the beef)

second. 20 mins before cooking pull your steak out of the refrigerator.  This will give the meat time to warm up to room temperature which will helpt the juices.
Now would be  a great time to heat that grill

Salt and pepper (or use a spice combination you like.  I'm a big fan of Montreal seasoning) your steak on both sides

Place the steak on the grill..  What no marinade?  Nope let the meat be a good steak needs nothing it makes it's own sauce :)

grill the steak about 5-7 minutes on each side.  depending on thickness.  test the doneness of the steak with your finger,,, 

How does one do this?  the firmer the meat the more done it is.  If you don't feel confident with this method  youi can check it with a meat thermometor.  It should range some where around 130 F  for Med Rare. DON'T go stabbing it with a fork, you puncture the meat and let it's fluid leak out causeing a dry steak...

Duckman

That's how I would do it, only I do mine in a frying pan cause we don't have kick ass grills over here like you get in the US.

Plus I like my steak really rare, so I'd only cook it for about 90 seconds on each side in the pan.

Porter is right on the marbling, that's one of the most important things, you can't have a steak with no fat, the fat melting into the meat is what gives it that AWESOME flavour.

I always serve mine with thin chips (fries) fried garlic mushrooms and onion rings.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.