News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Avengers Chronicles

Started by Tezmission Black, May 05, 2012, 04:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

*Warning the following may contain spoilers, so if you have not watched any of the movies leading up to the Avengers I would read cautiously.*

For those who did not know, on Thursday I spent all day at the movie theater watching the movies leading up and then watching the Avengers at it's Midnight release. I decided to kinda just give my thoughts on the movies in general and what not and then a small review of the Avengers movie itself.

First off I just want to say the only thing that really peeved me was the fact that they showed the movies out of place and showed Hulk first, but what can you do.

The Incredible Hulk- I am not a fan of Edward Norton in general, but I think he made a solid performance and really the only reason I think they made this remake was because they needed the Hulk in the Avengers movie. As per what this lends to the Avengers, well that is pretty much it, I think in the planning stages of this movie all they really had in mind was that there might possibly be a Avengers movie coming out and they knew they wanted the Hulk in it. I'm never really a fan of the overly serious Hulk, it has never really been my ideal char.

Iron Man-This for me is possibly one of the better superhero movies they have made in the past ten years..and def top three Marvel comic movies they have made. RDJ is a great pick for Tony Stark/Iron man and the re visioned origin for how he became Iron Man was really fantastic. I really can't say much bad about the movie since it seemed so solid.

Iron Man 2- It continues from where Iron Man left off and then jumped six months and we find Tony Stark dieing from his chest piece and I really enjoyed this movie as well, it helped push the Avengers forward with the introduction of Black Widow and the other Shield agents that would be prominent in the following movies.

Thor-This for me was my favorite cast in any of the movies, I think they got the chars down right and I think they got the right people to play the part. Anthony Hopkins as Odin was fantastic. Tom Hiddleston playing Loki was pure genius and for me the best part of the movie as well as the Avengers movie. My biggest problem with the movie though was the love story aspect of it all. They could of put that on the back burner and made it between Thor and Sif and give us a bit more back story of Sif and the Warriors Three and left out Portman's char altogether and it would of been fine with me.

Captain America-I enjoyed the movie, I think the casting was really done and Tommy Lee Jones was a great comic relief char who could be serious when need be. I don't like the reuse of actors as in Chris Evans who had previously played the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four movie, and the custom was eh for me, but as for the story it was well done, and really set the final piece together for the Avengers movie.

The Avengers- Fanfuckingtastic...Joss Whedon is great and what he did with the story and finally connecting it together was great. I like the recast of the Bruce Banner to Mark Ruffalo. The story was pretty good, I am sad that we won't be seeing Scarlett Johansson in any of the sequels(I'm not saying she dies, shes just said shes not coming back as Black Widow.), anyway I enjoyed the interaction of the team and the Hulk was FINALLY used the way I like him being used. There where several comedic moments that one would not expect but seeing as it was Joss Whedon I should of. I highly recommend this and all the movies leading up to it.

So yeah there it is, I can't wait to see what they do, I know they are planning an Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, and Thor 2 all leading up to an Avengers 2 but other then that I don't know about any of the others. I have heard a rumor about a possible Iron Man/Hulk movie but I don't know if that's confirmed or not.

Gary

Saw it today, it is a masterpiece in comic book film making. Since a kid this was the type of comic book film I wanted to see on the big screen and boy did it deliver. Hulk stole the entire movie, its sad that he had 2 movies 1 that sucked and one that was mediocre, but it took him being in the team movie he out shone even Downey Jr. as Iron Man. I liked how no one character had more to do than the other, and each had their own shinning moments. Loki was a terrific bad guy and was a great foil for everyone. Whedon truly nailed it, and while Dark Knight Rises may take the acting and story telling part, this was a true comic book movie.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Talon

You both nailed it... LOVED IT.

I hadn't seen Capt. America or Thor so I Redboxed them and loved both, saw the Avengers Sunday and was beyond thrilled with the entire film.  The use of pieces of each film to make the movie really come together was brilliant and entertaining.  Never a moment that i sat back and thought the movie dragged on, and thats saying something for a 2.5 hr movie.

CANT WAIT for the sequels!

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016