News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"The Conjuring"

Started by Marq, July 29, 2013, 10:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

Holy crap, this was good.

Saw it twice last week, and it is legitimately one of the creepiest and scariest movies I've seen in a very long time -- and I'm typically not scared of ghost/possession movies. Hardly any gore, but they make you freak out over mundane shit like opening a door.

Very retro, very slick, with some great acting from everyone involved. CGI was kept to a minimum, and [spoiler]NOBODY DIES[/spoiler] which is insane for an R-rated horror movie. In fact, it was rated R by the MPAA not for language, or violence, or sex -- but FOR BEING TOO SCARY.

If that's not an indication, I don't know what is. Can't believe it was directed by James Wan, either. Thought he was a bit of a one-trick pony when "Saw" came around, but I was pleasantly surprised.

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Black Death

need to check it out , been long time since I been freak out
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Its my 3yr anniversary this weekend and I was planning on taking the woman to this. Glad to hear it was good, now I can scare the shit out of her.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

! JDM The Professional !

Was a freaky as fuck film. [spoiler]The Annabell doll is a fucking nightmare and a half!![/spoiler]

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

GM Franchise

I thought it was more awesome than scary. Well made film.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Saw a bit of the trailer when we went to see Zombie World Z or whatever it was called on the basis of the trailer Sir Ian will NEVER, EVER WATCH THIS FILM due to the horror it will cause him. That and the fact that I saw Patrick Wilson in Insidious on DVD my wife bought and nearly pooped the leather sofa in fear. As discussed Sir Ian does not deal well with:

- clowns
- scary dead kids
- puppets
- slow movie 1.5 speed black and white shit

and does not deal well with ghostly older folks now. Woman in Black and the Insidious film took care of that for me.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

To me it was more awesome than scary. The haunting scenes were great.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible