"The Simpsons" Planning to Kill Popular Character

Started by Fnord, October 02, 2013, 10:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

During a recent conference call, "The Simpsons" producer Al Jean revealed that the writers are "working on a script where a [popular] character will pass away," adding: "The story will be produced this year, though it may air in Season 26."

This isn't the first time that a character will die. In its 25 seasons, the show killed off seven characters, including Homer's Las Vegas wife Amber and Ned's wife Maude Flanders.

While Jean refused to comment whether the death is similar to a "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" story," he hinted that "the actor playing the character on an Emmy [for] playing that character."

Below is a list of Emmy winners who voiced characters on "The Simpsons." One of them may be gone next season.

* Anne Hathaway as Penelope

* Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson, Grampa Simpson, Barney, Krusty, Groundskeeper Willie, Mayor Quimby, Sideshow Mel

* Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob

* Hank Azaria as Chief Wiggum, Moe, Cletus, Apu, Comic Book Guy

Source: THR

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Rob

I bet it's Bob. He finally dies at the hands of Bart.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Crazy Kyd

I haven't watched the show in a long time but I'd say Grandpa Simpson, Moe or Comic Book Guy.