News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Strikeforce: Playboy Mansion

Started by MitchMMA, September 20, 2008, 10:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchMMA

Check it out, they have a live stream on sherdog.com

It should be a great night of fights. The main event is Kazuo Masaki vs Joe Riggs

Khristian Call

They combined the main card with Cage Rage on mmaplayground.com for picks.  Like usual, I do my best in non-UFC events, perfect 10-0 picking fights.  Good card, Misaki Riggs ended early tho.  Still, I had Misaki 2nd round, so yay.

MitchMMA

lol the damn stream on sherdog fucked up my laptop so I had to shut it down. I missed the whole show. I only got to see the Eric Lawson submission.

How was the rest of the card?

I'm guessing Thomson will defend against Ishida next?

I still want to see Babalu knock out Bobby Southworth lol.

Khristian Call

Card was okay.  Prangley dominated Ruiz but couldn't put him away, Terry Martin was losing and getting out struck in my opinion until he caught Devela in the 3rd.  Devela had like 5 inches on him and used good kickboxing.  Ishida destroyed that other guy who looked more like a bodybuilder than a fighter, which surprised me because he has never been known for his jits but he turned a rolling kimura into an armbar with ease.  Thomson needed one punch pretty much to put the other guy away, other guy was a student of Ken Shamrock, who was on commentary and absolutely hilarious.  He sounded good some times, but there were occasions where he just came out of left field with something where you're just like 'what'?  Oh, Jimmy Lennon Jr announced Ishida's opponent as being from TUF 5, which he wasn't. 

Main Event was uneventful first round, both circled, Misaki of course fought with his hands down and chin up like always.  Great ending though, which was spoiled by early stoppage.  Ending saw Riggs floor Misaki with a left, Misaki got up right away, just kind of looked at Riggs like "are you crazy?" and then absolutely blasted Riggs with a straight right.  Riggs went down, Misaki pounced and pounded away and the ref stopped, even though Riggs was covering pretty well and blocking most of the punches. 

It was entertaining for a free card, but I would have pissed if I paid money to see it to be honest.  Good names, but 3 out of 5 main card fights were huge mismatches. 

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

MitchMMA

Hell yeah, I wish there was more free MMA.

I'm tired of paying 60 bucks for a UFC PPV lol. People don't have to pay to see the super bowl, it's not fair lol.