Rousey losing popularity?

Started by Midas, November 21, 2013, 09:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

...my quick take.

- Ronda is awesome
- Id rather she had soundbytes ala Sonnen, regardless if i agree with them, than say nothing at all. She sells fights.
- To me, her confidence makes her even more scary. Shes easily the deadliest female fighter not on HgH. Muhammed Ali-esq
- I feel bad for her. trying to sell a fight against someone she already dominated, and will dominate again isnt easy. Still REALLY wish Cat Zingano was there, her v/s Ronda will be crazy.
- Ronda is hotter that Tate....Tate has a better ass thats about it. Most stunned face ive ever seen.
- Tates team (coaches) were horrible on the show. They were terribly lame in regards to trying to instigate shit, they looked like childish idiots.
- Oh yeah, Ronda is awesome.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Flins.

It's amazing how half the folk you see hating on Ronda are usually Diaz or Sonnen fans. Maybe it is because she is female or something, but this kind of behavior is not uncommon with UFC fighters and I can't recall a time a fighter has had this kind of heat come their way because of it.

Ty

Quote from: Flins. on November 29, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
It's amazing how half the folk you see hating on Ronda are usually Diaz or Sonnen fans. Maybe it is because she is female or something, but this kind of behavior is not uncommon with UFC fighters and I can't recall a time a fighter has had this kind of heat come their way because of it.

I like Nick and Chael, they get hype going for their fights and create characters. When they speak out, their words are crazy and get under skin of people. When Rousey speaks, she just seems to go too far. Nick and Chael come across as crazy and charismatic, Rousey seems like she is just an overall bad person. Nick seems like he would get in a scrap with a person, Rhonda seems like she wound strangle them.

Its like when a fighter says he'll kill someone, it always takes it to far. Rhonda seems like she would try to kill someone

Jon

Quote from: The TyTy is here! on November 29, 2013, 05:30:35 PM
I like Nick and Chael, they get hype going for their fights and create characters. When they speak out, their words are crazy and get under skin of people. When Rousey speaks, she just seems to go too far. Nick and Chael come across as crazy and charismatic, Rousey seems like she is just an overall bad person. Nick seems like he would get in a scrap with a person, Rhonda seems like she wound strangle them.

Its like when a fighter says he'll kill someone, it always takes it to far. Rhonda seems like she would try to kill someone

But what has she done that has gone too far?

Flipping off Tate? Tell her "fuck you"?

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ty

Nothing yet has gone too far, she just seems like she would hang on too long to a submission or choke

Jon

Quote from: The TyTy is here! on November 29, 2013, 05:36:36 PM
Nothing yet has gone too far, she just seems like she would hang on too long to a submission or choke

She's won all 7 of her fights by first round submission.

She's not a dirty fighter.

But she does legit hate Tate and will most likely make her tap again in the first round. 

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Chris Shields

Quote from: Flins. on November 29, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
I can't stand either one of the diaz brothers. They're arrogant punks and lack class in the biggest way possible. Sonnen, yes he talks a lot of trash and is over the top, but you can tell that it's for the cameras, it's in order to sell the fight. After the fight is over, he's typically talking up his opponent and all of that. I've seen the Diaz brothers talk shit after losing a fight and just act like straight up punks. Ronda Rousey seems like that type of person. The people who believe there's no way they could ever lose and if they did, the other fighter did something dirty or the judges stole it from them. Plus, there's a big difference in the kind of trash talking that The Diaz's and Rousey have done, over what Sonnen typically does.

Flins.

All I'm saying is that there have been an abundance of 'arrogant overly aggressive douchebag MMA fighters' to have graced TUF and the UFC, Ronda's act is no different but she's had a huge reaction to it. Can't help but feel that had she been a he, it would've been shrugged off with the rest of the tools that make their way on to reality TV programs.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Flins. on November 29, 2013, 06:00:12 PM
All I'm saying is that there have been an abundance of 'arrogant overly aggressive douchebag MMA fighters' to have graced TUF and the UFC, Ronda's act is no different but she's had a huge reaction to it. Can't help but feel that had she been a he, it would've been shrugged off with the rest of the tools that make their way on to reality TV programs.
I think part of it is that she was presented as more of an underdog fighter who's worked hard and overcome and is humble, but what we got was an arrogant cry baby who couldn't take a simple joke, constantly flipped off and said a lot of nasty things to the other coach, had a bitch fit when someone unexpected showed up, and then got pissed when the other coach celebrated with her fighter after a win. It's much different if someone comes in with nothing known about them or known that they're a little douchey. I think this is a case of people seeing the real her, realizing it wasn't what they had been presented with, and turning on her because of it.