Just began training Muay Thai and BJJ

Started by MitchMMA, July 22, 2008, 12:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Jones

I took Karate, Jiu Jitsu, and Judo all in one class, twice a week for a few months. But the cash flow stopped, and I couldn't keep on.
I stopped at white belt, no stripes. But I was matching in skill with Brown belts.

MitchMMA

Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to match skill with some of the better guys in the class as well.

I'd love to learn Judo somewhere down the road, if I can mix Judo and Wrestling with my Jiu-Jitsu then I think my ground game would be amazing. For stand-up I already have a black belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate and with some serious Muay Thai, Boxing and Kickboxing training I think my stand-up will be amazing as well. Though this is going to take some time, years from now I want to be at a certain level, so I just have to take this time to learn the basics and train hard and then advance through the ranks.

Cory

Me and a couple of my friends are thinking about going to Brazil once we all turn 18 (2 years) and trying out some Vale Tudo, as there is really no where to learn that in my area, and I REALLY want to go on the beaches in Brazil. Plus im a huge football fan, so I'll love it down there.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Big Gay Honker

I think your biggest hurdle in all this is unlearning habits and a few thinks you already know, and change to fit the class you're in.  Thai Boxing is my stand up base, and let me tell you it's not as basic as it looks.  In fact, the head instructor at my school, who knows MANY martial arts, trained under Dan Inosanto.  Guru told him his striking will improve at least 50% if he took Thai Boxing, so he went to Master Arjarn Chai.  Karate will teach you to fling out a strike for a point, boxing and Thai Boxing will teach you to strike often, and be able to absorb contact. 

MitchMMA

Oh yeah definetely, so far I have been getting better with each class. My stand up has improved a lot so far with the Thai Boxing and I am learning the ground and rolling with some good jits guys that are helping me out as I go instead of just killing me cause I am a newb haha. I just took a kickboxing class today and I really enjoyed it, I have yet to take the boxing class but I'll eventually start taking that.

I wish they had a wrestling class too, that would be awesome haha. I get homeschooled now so I can't join the wrestling team again lol.

Big Gay Honker

I pray to God you didn't refer to Thai Boxing as Kickboxing.  Two different things young man.  Kickboxing is the limpwristed gay little brother of Thai Boxing.  Always remember that!

MitchMMA

I didn't, I said I just took my first KICKboxing class today and I have already taken a few THAIboxing classes earlier in the week.

You crazy, Honker :D

Big Gay Honker

MitchMMA

:jointpasssmiley:

You are my brother in law twiced removed! :grouphug: