News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

MMA fantasty draft game.

Started by Duckman, January 04, 2010, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Quote from: Donnovan Midas on January 05, 2010, 08:24:13 PM
I am cool with themes Duck as long as they do not get crazy is all I am saying... Lets say this for example

Rounds
1 - Heavyweight
2 - Light Heavyweight
3 - Middleweight
4 - Welterweight
5 - Lightweight
6 - Strikeforce Fighter
7 - UFC Fighter
8 - Must have fought in japan
9 - Retired fighter
10 - Any fighter
11 - Any fighter
12 - Any Fighter

I mean it does not have to be like that as that is a example I am just saying that in your mind you as the player will draft each guy you want in each class and then you will have a short list of who you want them to fight and if your hands are cuffed because of theme restrictions you have a hard time getting the guy you want to fight ...

Eample

First round I pick first so I go with Fedor
Second round I pick Evans
Third I pick Silva
Fourth I pick Pierre
Fifth I pick Penn
Now here we are in the sixth round and I have a short list of guys I want to get in order to have them fight the guys I picked above so now a theme comes up and it is...

Fighter must fight in WEC? So now I have to add a guy to my roster who I cannot put against any of the five above so that means my next 6 picks must be exact with no errors. Next theme is guys who have held the UFC Heavyweight Title before, so now I get teh shit end of the stick and pick last. Well whoever I pick is going to have to go against Fedor because I cannot pick anothe rHeavyweight with the remaining 5 picks I have left.

I hope I explained that well enough...

I am not talking shit about the wrestling draft, I just know that it made me lose interest with all the themes and I do not want to sign up for something then flake.

I am really interested in playing this game thanks

Pretty much in total agreement with you there mate.  Will work on the round themes - which to be honest aren't going to be that difficult or unusual because I don't know enough about MMA, lol!! 

My brother and his girlfriend are visiting for a few days so I'll keep sign ups open over the weekend. 

Also if anyone has any other suggestions or ideas for the game please do post 'em.

Looking to get it all going early next week.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Midas

sounds great I am looking forward to it...

Cory

Midas hit it.

I think maybe 2 retired fighter picks perhaps to make it a 'legends' fight
Last round should be open to anything to finish off any previous fights

Perhaps 2 rounds for WEC/Feathweight

And a Few Girl Rounds to have a female fight.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MMAfanatic

I'll do it. And I have a vast knowledge of MMA, so maybe I can help with the themes.

I think it needs a little more clarification because I've never done this before. But sure.. why not?

Enigmatic One

Any word on when this is going to get rolling?

Josh

Duckman

Give me a day or so - just sorting out the new podcast first.

Thanks lads.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

*BUMP*

Bumping just so anyone who wants to get in, gets in before Sam starts.

Duckman

Looks like we've got about as much interest as we're going to get.

Sorry about the delay, recording and editing the new EFK show took much longer than expected.

I'm just drawing up the plan for the game and I'm looking for someone to help me run it.

Should have it all good to go this week!

Peace

Duckman

Cory

Need any help Sam?

LETS DO DIS!!!!!

Midas

Cory

Enigmatic One

I've actually been waiting for it. lol

Cory

If Sam doesn't get back to us, I guess I'll try my best to start this game off

Midas

If he does not get back then you and I can do it, unless you want to ride solo whichofcourse I am cool with as I just want to get it started...