News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Unofficial "Fuck You Lyoto Machida" Thread

Started by Cory, August 15, 2008, 08:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Fuck you, you boring ass, evading, decesion machine.

I can't fucking wait until Thiago "The Mass-Murderer" (get it, Axe-Murderer, sounds the same.......fuck) Silva doesn't fall for you lack of agression, and knocks his head off into the nose-bleed section.

With that being said, I'll probably write a AO Article on this next week.......

Fuck you.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

......oh yeah. You fucking suck.

Non-exciting fighters should be taken from the UFC, put on an island and bombed.

MitchMMA

lol Machida is exciting, at least in my opinion. He is a great technical striker, you forget he knocked out Rich Franklin and submitted Sokoudjou and has descioned the likes of BJ Penn and Tito Ortiz.

I like Thiago Silva a lot too, I think it's gonna be interesting because they are two completelly different strikers. It's the aggresive striker vs the technical striker, personally I think the technical striker usually wins. I can see Silva come out and look to knock Machida's head off, Machida will avoid his strikes, he will stick and move and pick Thiago apart. Unless Thiago does catch him and knock him out.

Cory

I doesn't matter what he did before the UFC. As far as I'm concerned, unless you've fought in either PRIDE, Adrenaline-MMA, or maybe DREAM, everything before that should count as 'amateur' fights.

What has he done for me in the UFC?

I'm not saying he's not a good striker, he hasn't lost, but he soooooo fucking boring. I'm not asking every fighter to have a Tank-Kimbo fight, but come on. Machida exciting? Do you also enjoy watching the grass on your front lawn grown during the weekend?

If Machida is exciting, then Hugh Hefner is gay.

MitchMMA

idk I just love technical strikers I guess, I will agree that at times he isn't very exciting but he is still interesting to watch. Just a personal preference I guess.

I do disagree about if it's not UFC, PRIDE, DREAM, Adrenaline-MMA, etc then it's amateur..... just because it isn't televised doesn't mean it is amateur. I don't remember the promotion that the Machida-Franklin, Machida-Penn fights took place but he still beat two guys that are top dogs in the UFC, a former MW champ and a guy that is arguebly one of the best in the world today, now granted Penn looked completelly different in that weight class against Machida but still it's BJ Penn.

In the UFC, he beat Sam Hoger (which isn't much, and he went the distance with him so I can see what your saying), he beat David Heath, Nakamura, and Tito by UD and finished Sokoudjoe via arm-bar. He doesn't finish fights much in the UFC and hopefully that will change but I still enjoy watching the Dragon fight.

edit: He beat Penn in K-1, I wouldn't consider that amateur.

Cory

True, but A) The win over Franklin, they were both young. Franklin wasn't the same he is now.

B) K-1 win over BJ, wouldn't that be a win in a kickboxing fight, not MMA?

MitchMMA

nah, it's on his MMA record so it had to have been an MMA fight as they don't count kickboxing fights on their MMA records. I'm not very familiar with K-1, I thought it was just kickboxing but I think it's MMA now also, it wouldn't show up on their MMA records if it wasn't.

I'll agree, they were both young (Franklin and Machida). Looking back I didn't realize that fight was back in 03, granted Franklin is way different now but I still think Machida beats him in a re-match.

I personally enjoyed the Tito-Machida fight, I thought it was interesting. Tito was getting frustrated, he couldn't take Machida down AT ALL, Machida played a smart gameplan there as he always does.

Cory

Tomato, Tomaeto.

You call it game plan, I call it not willing to engage.

To every man his own I suppose.

MitchMMA

True.

You gotta also figure if he engages with some of his opponents, like if he engages with Silva he would get knocked out. He doesn't want to fight his opponents fight he wants to fight his fight, he wants to stay on the outside and pick him apart. It might not look very exciting, and I can understand that but it's smart thinking. Now your right about him not finishing fights, personally I don't like to see fights go the distance either (unless the fight is a damn war like Griffin-Bonnar 1) but as a fighter you can't always be too concerned about being exciting.

Think of Pete Sell, he loves to put on exciting fights but sometimes he abandons his gameplan and just brawls with guys that are better strikers than him. Being an exciting fighter is great, but losing 3 fights in a row is not good. I love exciting fights too, I mean I love to see fast paced wars like Liddel-Wanderlei, Smith-Lawler, Griffin-Rampage, etc, etc.... BUT at the same time you have to think from a strategic stand point, if your Lyoto Machida and your fighting Tito Ortiz, are you going to want to brawl with him and risk getting taking down and let Tito work his ground n pound? Or are you going to want to be elusive, stick and move, avoid the takedown and pick him apart? He chose choice 2 and won a UD, if he would have chose choice 1 I humbly believe that Tito would have won that fight. Lyoto Machida's technique is very fluid, he has great footwork and incredible striking, he might not have that one punch KO power but he has the technique, he also has a good ground game and good sub defense.

Thiago Silva is also one of my favorite fighters also, I would love to see Silva eventually win the LHW title.... but I humbly believe that Machida will out-tech him. Silva is more explosive, much more powerful striker and he is going to want to push the pace and be aggresive and it won't work against Machida, Machida is a much different fighter than anyone that Silva has faced. I mean, we will see you might be right and if Thiago connects he can knock Machida the fuck out, but I can seriously see Machida submitting Silva or going the distance with him and getting a UD.

Either way, I am fans of both and a win would be great for either of them. I might be wrong, Silva might knock Machida out extremelly quickly (though I really don't see that happening but anything is possible in this sport), and make me look like a fool :P

One thing is for sure, the winner will defintely move much closer to a title shot.

Khristian Call

Quote from: Cory on August 15, 2008, 10:07:55 PM
True, but A) The win over Franklin, they were both young. Franklin wasn't the same he is now.

Franklin destroyed Evan Tanner, largely considered a Top 3 fighter at the time of the fight, before he fought Machida.  Look back at that fight, Franklin has a little better of a ground game now, but not much has changed.  Machida picked him apart.

It takes two to make a fight exciting.  What happens every time a fighter engages with Machida?  Sokodjou got a good right hand in, clinched, took him down ad immediately got swept.  David Heath tried, and got absolutely blitzed and almost finished with about 7 or 8 knees.  Tito Ortiz tried, and he got judo thrown.  When was the last time you've seen Ortiz get absolutely thrown like that?  Point is, Machida plays his game because of his style, and from his other fights, people are hesitant to engage with him.  And if they don't engage with him, all that's left for them to do is feign frustration (like Tito) because he's 'running away'.  

I honestly think the only chance that Thiago has is to get a flash KO, or stun him and keep pounding away while praying the referee stops it.  He showed last fight that he has BIG trouble with counter strikers, after Antonio Mendes almost knocked him out twice with very nice counter kicks.  The difference in that fight was that Mendes has no ground game...Machida does.  Machida absolutely handled an Olympic caliber judo player on the ground.  Tito couldn't get Machida to the ground, Thiago sure as hell isn't.  His ONLY chance, in my opinion, is to catch him in the clinch, but Machida is a lot stronger than he looks (see the Ortiz throw) so I don't see Machida staying there.  Let's face it, Thiago hasn't had a real challenge in the UFC yet.  If you call Houston Alexander a challenge...just stop it.  Machida beat up Sokodjou (top 10 at the time), an undersized Nakamura (top 10 for a good year or two until recently) and Ortiz (top 10 until the Rashad fight).  And let's not forget, the fighters Machida has finished all have one thing in common, and that is they are all usually aggressive fighters.

MitchMMA

Quote from: Khristian Call on August 16, 2008, 12:01:45 AM
Quote from: Cory on August 15, 2008, 10:07:55 PM

Franklin destroyed Evan Tanner, largely considered a Top 3 fighter at the time of the fight, before he fought Machida.  Look back at that fight, Franklin has a little better of a ground game now, but not much has changed.  Machida picked him apart.

It takes two to make a fight exciting.  What happens every time a fighter engages with Machida?  Sokodjou got a good right hand in, clinched, took him down ad immediately got swept.  David Heath tried, and got absolutely blitzed and almost finished with about 7 or 8 knees.  Tito Ortiz tried, and he got judo thrown.  When was the last time you've seen Ortiz get absolutely thrown like that?  Point is, Machida plays his game because of his style, and from his other fights, people are hesitant to engage with him.  And if they don't engage with him, all that's left for them to do is feign frustration (like Tito) because he's 'running away'.  

I honestly think the only chance that Thiago has is to get a flash KO, or stun him and keep pounding away while praying the referee stops it.  He showed last fight that he has BIG trouble with counter strikers, after Antonio Mendes almost knocked him out twice with very nice counter kicks.  The difference in that fight was that Mendes has no ground game...Machida does.  Machida absolutely handled an Olympic caliber judo player on the ground.  Tito couldn't get Machida to the ground, Thiago sure as hell isn't.  His ONLY chance, in my opinion, is to catch him in the clinch, but Machida is a lot stronger than he looks (see the Ortiz throw) so I don't see Machida staying there.  Let's face it, Thiago hasn't had a real challenge in the UFC yet.  If you call Houston Alexander a challenge...just stop it.  Machida beat up Sokodjou (top 10 at the time), an undersized Nakamura (top 10 for a good year or two until recently) and Ortiz (top 10 until the Rashad fight).  And let's not forget, the fighters Machida has finished all have one thing in common, and that is they are all usually aggressive fighters.

Great reply, you explained it much better than I could and for that you get one karma point :P

Now you have more than both me and Cory, you fucker!  :D

Cory

ill write me in depth responce when I get home from work :)

Big Gay Honker

I have to admit, I am a Machida hater.  I find him as boring as I find Okami to be.  But at the same time, all the fighters are caught up in making an exciting fight they get weaseled into playing his fight game.  If I were to fight Machida, I'd play his game, back pedal when he'd throw something.  Bring him out of his own comfort zone, then tee off on him.

Cory

Thiago should PLAY HIS GAME. Back off, then when Machida gets out from his comfort zone, and starts to actually engage like an exciting fighter, pop goes the weasel, right hook to the jaw, KO Silva.

Khristian Call

Getting slightly off topic here, have you seen the coaching staffs for next season's TUF?  Nogueira, Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida on one coaching staff....anyone in their right mind would choose that team over Mir's to be on.  I don't care who the hell Mir's bringing with him, that is an imposing coaching staff....if they can speak enough English for the fighters to understand that is.