Changing the pic base of an established character?

Started by The Rick, July 20, 2008, 04:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rick

Just wanted to get people's views on this. I have used Jeff Hardy as the pic base for The Rick for 8 years now. He wasn't the original pic base, but I settled on it because at the time I felt like Jeff Hardy's daredevil style suited The Rick's attitude to competing in the ring.

The thing is I've never felt like Jeff Hardy represented the personality of the character, just his in-ring style. I've always considered changing the pic base, heck I even came up with a nutty Dr. Who style Regeneration idea just to do it (seriously I'm a sad git!)

Do you think I should stick with Jeff, or switch to my other idea which would certainly suit the personality of the character and still in many ways fit with the in-ring style?

Brandon

I think the personality should come before the style, although you shouldn't have a daredevil using Big Show as a base.
And if you are looking into changing it already, I don't think it would be a bad move. Even though he wasn't when you chose him, Jeff Hardy is a huge star now, and kind of takes away from it in a bit. Just my thoughts though.

Zombie Gunn

I think if you can change the picbase to somebody that looks similar to the original, then go for it.  But if it's currently Jeff Hardy, I wouldn't change it to The Rock.

Dave Johnson

Well after 8 years of useing Jeff as your pic base, I can't blame ya for switching things up. Don't use Big Show, and thats a big hell no, use some of the young wrestlers if needed such as Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne), Alex Shelley and people like that.

The Rick

I was thinking of switching it to one of my original inspirations for the character, Chris Jericho.

Dave Johnson

He could be a great choice, depends if it was his old days or newer days with the beard and stuff. I personally think his old days ruled with his beard.

The Rick

Rebel Child

Here's my take on the whole changing of picbases.

When I started out Georgie (As you can see by my gfx whore thread I have) she had a very different look, then in character she was kidnapped, and tortured, so I decided she wanted to 'kill' that part of her life, and she had a new look once more (Pink) then some shit went down and her friennd ana was put into a coma and she changed once more (amy Lee).  I've seen some people be able to really pull off going from a different nationality, people can say a lot of things, because let's be honest here.  It's not real, it's all make believe, that's why one week chyna can have a flat chest and the next have triple D's and no one says anything.

That's just my thought on it, I mean seriously, it's a character, the picture is just the icing on the cake, not hte whole damn desert.