News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Ultimate Fedder Contest

Started by James Onlee, July 20, 2008, 12:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Onlee

Where has this topic dropped off to?  Haven't heard anything about it in weeks.  Very interested to see how the coaches and rpers work together and how each can or can't adapt to the new style.  Might also like to be apart of this contest in some fashion or another if it does happen.

Duckman

No one emailed in to take part, so nothing happened with it mate.

We might have more luck with it now we've got these forums and more interactivity.

We can test the water on the next show and see what people think.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Zombie Gunn

EWZine had a competition a while back... can't remember what it was called.  But basically, they give you a gimmick and you have to write a roleplay as that character.  Basically, it's just to help improve your ability to write and to perhaps give you a change of direction.  A lot of us like the idea of testing out new gimmicks, but don't want to join a fed with it in case we suck at it.

Dave Johnson

Sounds freaking awesome and would be alot of fun. Good chance to show your writing skills and ideas and how well you can use a range of different characters/gimmicks.

Rob

I was going to take part in the competition but figured I'd sit it out as I was in ePrentice too and thought it'd get a lot of attention. Apparently not so anywho, i'm in.
SixersEagles

[/center]

MitchMMA

I love the idea, but not sure if I could participate. I'd love to see it happen though.

JaceGryphon

I'm still bloody lame, haven't heard any of the shows yet, so if someone can give me a little run-down of what exactly this competition entails, then I -might- be interested.

MitchMMA

Well basically the "Ultimate Fighter" is a reality show that the UFC puts together every year (usually 2 seasons per year), which takes 16 (well now they start with 32 and break it down to 16 in the first 2 episodes) un-signed MMA fighters (some are rookies, a couple of them are veterans that have been fighting for awhile) that are looking for a contract with the UFC. They take two main UFC fighters to coach the show and they pick teams and basically it's an elimination process until 2 are left to fight in the finals.

So the "Ultimate Fedder" would basically be 16 ewrestlers with two coaches and I guess an rp battle every week.

JaceGryphon

Alright, I never got into the whole MMA thing, so I've never watched Ultimate Fighter, but this...this sounds fun.  I'd be in.

Zombie Gunn

Bryan

i want to be in too...let's do this!

Excaligore

...Possibly there are already plans for a Knights based tournament. That yours truly may be managing.

I had a really cool idea for it too. But, I didn't want to start it up until after the Experts tourney since I don't want to start it off while another major e-wrestling tourney was taking place. Sam can confirm this.

Duckman

True, we're thinking of doing a tournament here on the boards once The Experts deal is done and we'll probably then give a week or two for everyone to get their breath back after that tournament.

However, The Ultimate Fedder can certainly run through the show at some point in the future.

Leave it with me guys and I'll speak to a few folks about a time table for this and getting it sorted.

It is really cool to see so much interest though!  I knew these forums where a good idea, lol.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Judge

You also forgot that everyone has to move into a house together, get drunk and pick fights at bars.

Also, kick out windows in Limos.

TaNK

I... might... wanna... do... it.