News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2011 Predictions in Football

Started by Duckman, January 04, 2011, 10:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

These could be serious, fun, whatever.

Let's get your top 5 predicitions in football for 2011.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

Wayne Rooney leaves Man United

Tottenham come 3rd and beat Barcalona

QPR slip down the league and don't even gain promotion

Chelsea sack Ancelloti before the season is out

Arsene Wenger retires before autumn comes
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Chelsea Sack Ancelloti

Fabregas Leaves Arsenal

Man City spend 200 Million + during the trasnfer window, (Is this even a prediction?)

Barca wins Champions League

Arsenal win PREM!

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jason Scene

1. Roy Hodgson gets sacked and I throw a massive party because of it because he sucks ass.

2. Bolton continue to do well above everyones expectations and end up qualifying for Europe.

3. Marc Albrighton is bought in the summer for around £20 million.

4. Ancelloti is sacked and replaced by somebody else who does well at first but then completely sucks.

5. At this rate and I hate making this prediction... Fernando Torres is sold! If it happens I'll cry  :'(

Rob

Liverpool being shite has nothing to do with Hodgson... Its because Liverpool are shite...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jason Scene

Quote from: Rob on January 04, 2011, 03:07:57 PM
Liverpool being shite has nothing to do with Hodgson... Its because Liverpool are shite...

I find that a bit of a stupid remark. Two years ago we finished second in the Premier League, 4 points behind Manchester Untied. We might have ended up finishing seventh the following season but for well over a decade Liverpool have been one of the dominating teams in England, we're still one of the "big four", and if we're not then I'd like to see why someone would take our place when we've talent at the club.

Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Pepe Reina, Maxi Rodriguez, Joe Cole and Jamie Carragher to name a few. We're having a second off-season, we've a manager who doesn't have the quality to turn around our misfortunes. Fair enough, Manchester City and Spurs have came on leaps and bounds and our spot is being highly threatened, maybe it's even taken and I'm not willing to admitt it, but we're still Liverpool, we're still in the Europa Cup with a very good chance of winning and the chances of any British team getting past Barcelona to win the Champions League is very slim so by the end of the season if Liverpool have done shite then we'll have dropped out of the big four and we'll be, as you said, "shite".

Rob

Gerrard, Carragher and Maxi aren't as good as they were 4 years ago. This little thing called ageing....

Man City and Spurs have taken serious steps forward to bring in players that have the quality to mount title challenges, whilst Liverpool haven't. You've a manager that did wonders with very, very little, so it's not the manager. It simply isn't.

You don't have the talent anymore to be a big four team, sorry but it's true. Happened to Newcastle when they did near enough the exact same thing. Your chairman needs to make money available, as Liverpool are now suffering badly from poor ownership.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jason Scene

Quote from: Rob on January 04, 2011, 04:18:22 PM
Gerrard, Carragher and Maxi aren't as good as they were 4 years ago. This little thing called ageing....

Man City and Spurs have taken serious steps forward to bring in players that have the quality to mount title challenges, whilst Liverpool haven't. You've a manager that did wonders with very, very little, so it's not the manager. It simply isn't.

You don't have the talent anymore to be a big four team, sorry but it's true. Happened to Newcastle when they did near enough the exact same thing. Your chairman needs to make money available, as Liverpool are now suffering badly from poor ownership.

Gerrard is 30 years old, he still has a couple years of good football left in him and its the same with Maxi. Jamie is 32 years old the same age as Rio Ferdinhand who many compliment on being a great defender. Jamie is always solid, he makes one mistake and everyone jumps on his back. The problem is Hodgson, because he's playing Steven too deep and not letting get far enough forward to support Fernando, which if you watch things like You're On Sky Sports, Liverpool fans have complained about to no end. And Steven was the driving force behind our win at Bolton.

Another thing Roy did was he went out and made himself look like a pure hypocrite. He claimed Rafa's signings werent good enough to play for Liverpool, this coming from a guy who signed Paul Knochesky for £4 Mil when that could have gone towards much better players. He also sent out Emiliano Insua on loan and then complained that we hadn't a decent left back even though Emiliano had over 10 assists for us last season in all competitions.

Hicks and Gillet had no idea what they were doing, the difference is now, John W. Henry and co are taking advice from others. Damien Comolli is our Director of Football Strategy, and as you mentioned above, Spurs have supposedly overtaken us in talent which I can't really see to be honest, but if they have they have this guy to thank, He brought in the likes Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Roman Pavyluchenko and he brought Dimitar Berbatov to England. So we have what has supposedly made them "better", give this guy money and we're back to the top four, which in my opinion we've never left.

Rob

Cause the likes of Bale, Modric, van der Vaart, Defoe, Dawson and Jenas are playing better football than Gerrard, Torres, Maxi, Babel and co... One could assume quite easily that Tottenham now have better players.

If Liverpools players were so fantastic, then they'd learn to adapt. Scholes and Alan Smith adapted from striker to MC and both years in which they did, Man Utd won the Premiership
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jason Scene

Quote from: Rob on January 04, 2011, 04:56:23 PM
Cause the likes of Bale, Modric, van der Vaart, Defoe, Dawson and Jenas are playing better football than Gerrard, Torres, Maxi, Babel and co... One could assume quite easily that Tottenham now have better players.

If Liverpools players were so fantastic, then they'd learn to adapt. Scholes and Alan Smith adapted from striker to MC and both years in which they did, Man Utd won the Premiership

They're playing better, but then again players for Bolton like Kevin Davies and Johan Elmander are playing better then the likes of Downing and Ashley Young for Aston Villa, but that doesn't mean that Bolton are better than Aston Villa, or that the likes of Davies matches the likes of Young.

As I said in my first response, Liverpool are having a second poor off-season, last year it was due to Rafa's poor rotation of the team, this year it's because Hodgson is just managing the team badly something I have backed up with only two examples, of playing our best player incorrectly and making poor signings that don't benefit the team in any way, shape or form. 'Cause Paul Knochecky shouldnt even be playing for Wigan, nevermind Liverpool.

Paul Scholes has always been a midfielder, he transitioned from the left side of midfield into a box-to-box attacking midfielder. I don't know why you said he was a striker?! Alan Smith did, but it'snot like he went very far seeing as he comes off the bench these days for Newcastke to waste some time more then anything. But, Liverpool players don't have to and shouldnt have to do that, Smith did that when United needed cover in center midfield for a Champions League game and it stuck. They're supposed to play in the positions that they excell in, and Steven Gerrard excells as a pressing attacking midfielder who supports a lone striker, not a midfielder who pulls back an launches the ball forward  like an Xabi Alonso.

Rob

No honestly, Paul Scholes used to be a striker for United, he went up through the ranks as a striker and there were a number of times he partnered Cantona up front. I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore because if there's one thing that gripes on my nerves its when a fan can't accept that his team aren't very good anymore. Leeds fans do it to this day and I've yet to meet a Charlton fan that doesn't do it....
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jason Scene

Quote from: Rob on January 04, 2011, 05:25:21 PM
No honestly, Paul Scholes used to be a striker for United, he went up through the ranks as a striker and there were a number of times he partnered Cantona up front. I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore because if there's one thing that gripes on my nerves its when a fan can't accept that his team aren't very good anymore. Leeds fans do it to this day and I've yet to meet a Charlton fan that doesn't do it....

It's asinine to compare Leeds or Charlton, two teams which were first relegated to the Championship and second relegated to the First Division to Liverpool FC, who are currently ninth in the Premier League, having played 19 games, one less than the current team in fourth Tottenham and coming off a win at Bolton. Also we're still in the Europa Cup and we play Man United in the third round of the FA Cup in only a few days.

Please, don't compare me to a Leeds fan or a Charlton fan. I took you up on your statement, that Liverpool are "shite", I have obviously done nothing but prove that wrong, no need to make an excuse and back down.

Also, Wikipedia says Paul Scholes was never a striker. He played in that role in the youth academy before being a favourble suit for the auxillary striker role.

Jonny Briggs

1. The Blackburn board will continue to interfere in the day to day running of the club despite not having any clue about or interest in football... chicken killing wankers!

2. Darren Ferguson's daddy will get him another job & once again he will prove that managerial skill is not necessarily hereditary

3. The infamous "Steven Gerrard - Lovechild with a 15 year old" story will go public

4. Rafa Benitez will become Liverpool manager & guide them to an atmospheric 7th place before spunking more money on shit players in the summer

5. Peter Crouch will continue to be overlooked as a serious weapon by club & country to the point where he comes to practice with a shotgun

(One quick future prediction. The Qatar World Cup will be fucking awesome & Northern Ireland will win it)

Rob

Dude face it! Liverpool aren't the team they were, save for a few good players (Carragher and Maxi are not good enough for a top 4 team - FACE IT.) they do not have the quality to mount a title challenge, let alone a European place challenge. Stop being a dick and accept the fact that Liverpool are no longer the quality side they were in the 80s or in the 90s (apparently they were some fantastic team in the 90s). 2 severely out of form players do not make a team...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jason Scene

Quote from: Rob on January 04, 2011, 07:36:02 PM
Dude face it! Liverpool aren't the team they were, save for a few good players (Carragher and Maxi are not good enough for a top 4 team - FACE IT.) they do not have the quality to mount a title challenge, let alone a European place challenge. Stop being a dick and accept the fact that Liverpool are no longer the quality side they were in the 80s or in the 90s (apparently they were some fantastic team in the 90s). 2 severely out of form players do not make a team...

Well if you'd like me to go in-depth, I will.  :D

Jamie Carragher and Maxi Rodriguez aren't the only out of form players this season. When you add in the injuries suffered by Torres and Gerrard, aswell as Carragher, the lack of depth that we have in the team, the fact that we have players like Paul Konchesky and Lucas Leiva playing weekly, of course we're not going to be doing well. Asides from them, we've suffered a lot of defeats and some humiliating, like the loss at Wolves, knocked out of the Carling Cup by Northampton and losing more then we've won this season is a very mundane statistic in itself.

But then when you add in the fact that Roy Hodgson didn't have the skills required to take on the Liverpool job in the first place, has squandered money on poor signings, has messed around with tactics far too much, has played players not of the standard the fans want and has then BLAMED the fans for being the cause after the defeat to Wolves...

Of course Liverpool will be doing shit. But to refer to the team as a whole as shite is unfair. West Ham United are shite, Stevenage are shite, Preston North End, West Brom, Wolves are shite but Liverpool are off.

And I never compared us to what we were in the '80's opr '90's so again, no point of bringing up that comparison. Back in the '80's Liverpool was a machine, in the '90's we were still doing well and brought forward a whole host of talent like Michael Owen, Jamie Redknapp, Steve McMannaman, John Barnes, Robbie Fowler and Steven Gerrard to name a few. Today we're a machine which is faultering due to bad management, something that should be fixed.