News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2011 Predictions in Football

Started by Duckman, January 04, 2011, 10:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

So Hodgson has the quality to take a team like Fulham with nothing to a Europa league final but he doesn't have the talent to take a team like Liverpool who supposedly already have quality to somewhere that is less embarassing (because 7th is embarassing). Consider yourself fecking lucky that your team are doing as well as they do, regardless of what you think they should be doing.

I think Crystal Palace should be winning the Champions League, Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup. Fuck, the World Cup to, but those are how things go because the game is dependent on money nowadays.

Basically what I'm  saying is your team isn't performing well enough and the fans have to deal with it till it turns around
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jason Scene

Quote from: Rob on January 04, 2011, 08:14:13 PM
So Hodgson has the quality to take a team like Fulham with nothing to a Europa league final but he doesn't have the talent to take a team like Liverpool who supposedly already have quality to somewhere that is less embarassing (because 7th is embarassing). Consider yourself fecking lucky that your team are doing as well as they do, regardless of what you think they should be doing.

I think Crystal Palace should be winning the Champions League, Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup. Fuck, the World Cup to, but those are how things go because the game is dependent on money nowadays.

Basically what I'm  saying is your team isn't performing well enough and the fans have to deal with it till it turns around

Fair enought but your first words on the matter were, "Liverpool are shite".

And it doesn't matter what he did at Fulham, it matters what he's doing at Liverpool and what he's doing isn't good enough. Look at Carlo Ancelotti, he's not doing well at the moment, but sure that doesn't count because he did brilliant at AC Milan so I guess that makes it impossible for him to do poorly aywhere else! Wait, it doesn't.

Rob

Chelsea have a crap team at the moment too. Liverpool have a worse team. How can't you see that? In premier league winning standards, Liverpool and Chelsea don't have league winning sides... Nowhere even close
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jason Scene

Quote from: Rob on January 05, 2011, 03:33:41 AM
Chelsea have a crap team at the moment too. Liverpool have a worse team. How can't you see that? In premier league winning standards, Liverpool and Chelsea don't have league winning sides... Nowhere even close

Chelsea won the league last year, and were favourites going into this year. They still have bags of talent and were doing very well at the start of the season before they began their bad run of form.

Rob

Chelsea's team with the likes of ageing players (again) like Drogba and Anelka and Lampard, who are seeing sharp decline to their form and the likes of Malouda and the other guy whose name completely escapes me at the moment not being good enough. Essien is a world class player, but unfortunately for Chelsea one great player doesn't make a team. I think the thing with all the top 4 supported teams (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool) is that they don't have the team quality this season to do anything outstanding.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jason Scene

Quote from: Rob on January 05, 2011, 12:54:14 PM
Chelsea's team with the likes of ageing players (again) like Drogba and Anelka and Lampard, who are seeing sharp decline to their form and the likes of Malouda and the other guy whose name completely escapes me at the moment not being good enough. Essien is a world class player, but unfortunately for Chelsea one great player doesn't make a team. I think the thing with all the top 4 supported teams (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool) is that they don't have the team quality this season to do anything outstanding.

Yet United top the league at the moment with their youngsters like Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinhand, Ryan Giggs, Edwin Van Der Sar, Darren Fletcher, Michael Carrick and co. Just because a player is around their 30's doesn't instantly mean that they completely go to shit. Its not like on their 30th birthday all talent drains from their body.

Arsenal has nothing but a young team, and they have quality, but I guess because they're not topping the table they too are shite?

Rob

I'm not saying Man U are particularly good at the moment either, they will struggle, and are struggling away. I think unless they bring new players in they will falter towards the end of the season. In terms of title challenges I suspect it will be between Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham, but it will definitely be close
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Rob, Jason, mucho gracias for highjacking the thread you twats...

Here's a prediction.  Football fans will argue shit forever.

Peace

Duckman

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jason Scene

Quote from: Duckman on January 05, 2011, 01:47:15 PM
Rob, Jason, mucho gracias for highjacking the thread you twats...

Here's a prediction.  Football fans will argue shit forever.

Peace

Duckman

I genuinely do this in real life everyday, and on a couple of occasions its gotten physical.

Rob and I have made a lot of valid points, we can just agree to disagree. This thread was actually fun though.

Cory

- Wenger fails to buy a keeper or add depth.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

1. Man Utd will win the league this year. We haven't lost a Premiership game this season and haven't exactly played well either. It's been a weird season.

2. Hodgson will get sacked. Liverpool will install Kenny Dalgleish.

3. Alan Hanson will cream his pants on Match of the Day of the above appointment. Something will happen by the end of the year forcing Kenny to leave Anfield.

4. Spurs and Manchester City fans will continue to go on about how amazing they are, only for them to not finish 3rd and 4th by playing well, but because Chelsea are wank. Both clubs will continue to add players in this transfer window and will be the only top four teams to add big names, only for them to not get them anywhere near Man Utd.

5. Glasgow Rangers will get bought by some foreign bloke who will attempt to get them into the English Premier League causing Celtic to cry about the same thing. Absoultely nothing will happen though.

6. Mick McCarthy will continue to get the MOTD crew to chuckle at his brash comments post match. However he wont be laughing when he is sacked at the end of the year.

7. David Beckham will engineer a move away from the MLS on a permanent basis and continue to show why their league is laughable.

8.  Wayne Rooney will find his form for club and country

9. Frank La,mpard will do neither of the above

10. Something will end up leaking about Cardiffs dodgey deal for Belamey...and it will explode in their face

11. Neal Warnock will get sacked for no reason and end up managing Wolves

12. Roy Hodgson will go back to Fulham once he is sacked and Hughes is sacked. In an interesting turn of fate...Sven will become manager of Chelsea and everyone will forget about Carlo.

13. Roman will sell Chelsea when they finish 5th this season and their club will implode. Mike Ashley will be tipped to take them over only to buy a pork pie and choke to death on it.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jason Scene

Quote from: Trumpers on January 05, 2011, 08:04:35 PM

3. Alan Hanson will cream his pants on Match of the Day of the above appointment. Something will happen by the end of the year forcing Kenny to leave Anfield.

Those!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Trumpers on January 05, 2011, 08:04:35 PM
1. Man Utd will win the league this year. We haven't lost a Premiership game this season and haven't exactly played well either. It's been a weird season.

4. Spurs and Manchester City fans will continue to go on about how amazing they are, only for them to not finish 3rd and 4th by playing well, but because Chelsea are wank. Both clubs will continue to add players in this transfer window and will be the only top four teams to add big names, only for them to not get them anywhere near Man Utd.

5. Glasgow Rangers will get bought by some foreign bloke who will attempt to get them into the English Premier League causing Celtic to cry about the same thing. Absoultely nothing will happen though.

6. Mick McCarthy will continue to get the MOTD crew to chuckle at his brash comments post match. However he wont be laughing when he is sacked at the end of the year.

7. David Beckham will engineer a move away from the MLS on a permanent basis and continue to show why their league is laughable.

8.  Wayne Rooney will find his form for club and country

9. Frank La,mpard will do neither of the above

10. Something will end up leaking about Cardiffs dodgey deal for Belamey...and it will explode in their face

11. Neal Warnock will get sacked for no reason and end up managing Wolves

12. Roy Hodgson will go back to Fulham once he is sacked and Hughes is sacked. In an interesting turn of fate...Sven will become manager of Chelsea and everyone will forget about Carlo.

13. Roman will sell Chelsea when they finish 5th this season and their club will implode. Mike Ashley will be tipped to take them over only to buy a pork pie and choke to death on it.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

4 is looking to be coming true now too Ian
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob.B

Quote from: Jonny Briggs on January 04, 2011, 06:08:17 PM
(One quick future prediction. The Qatar World Cup will be fucking awesome & Northern Ireland will win it)

YEAH!