News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

24 million for Darren Bent?

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, January 18, 2011, 10:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

So goes the rumours today...that is completely and utterly crazy money for him. Sunderland have made out like absolute bandits if you ask me. They can certainly use that cash to further their side in a lot of areas which is already a decent side.

Villa, I have no idea what the hell they are playing at...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

24 is a little steep, but then again when checking the scores Saturday morning, if Sunderland netted a few, odds say Bent was a part of that.

Id think the 15million range would be appropriate. Hes a proven scorer in the toughest league in the world.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Smash INC

Apparently he's going for 18 mil leading to 24 mil based on performances bonuses. Sunderland have made out like bandits with this as he was clearly unhappy and lacking in form anyhow.

That being said, he's been a consistent goalscorer in the Premier League for a few years now with only Drogba and Rooney really being ahead of him.

FXBlade

We have needed a striker for ages.  Well one that stays fit (Carew and Gabby don't)

18 mil is way steep and pretty much cleans out the coffins with the money we got from Milner.

So for saying we are a club with no money and didnt have anything to spend in the summer, we have now spent 24 mil in the past 2 days on Bent and Macoun.  If He knocks the goals in, I cant complain, but needs to be a good return.

Rumour is that Seb Larsson could be coming over from Birmingham as well, SO where they have got all this money from is beyond me

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Regardless of that he has had a couple of ok seasons at Sunderland...I think 24 million is way too steep.

Bent to me is not a world class striker and 24 million hints to me at having to be world class.

Rob

van der Vaart - 8 million

Cristiano Ronaldo TO Man Utd - 12 million

Samir Nasri - 12 million

Darren Bent - 24 million!?!??!

Nope, doesn't make a lick of sense
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Goals cost money and like Smash says, in the last 5 years only Rooney and Drogba have scored more in the Premier League and it's really close - goal or two between the three of them.  I was very surprised by that.

Still, crazy money right enough, but if that's what people are willing to pay...plus Villa need something up front, they've been fucking shocking this year.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Smash INC

I think Pienaar going to Tottenham for 2.8 mil is shocking, he's surely worth more than that.

Duckman

He's out of contract in 6 months so that's the max they could get for him.

Spurs wanted a pre-contract agreement so they could get him for free in the summer.  Then Chelsea offered 3 mil so Spurs had to put in a cash offer.

Harry is building a seriously good sqaud there.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

2 key factors play a part in his price-tag

1/ Number of goals. Only two players have outscored him as Rob said. He is a prolific goal-scorer.
2/ His nationality. Being English appear to raise your price considerably.

This is the classic point. It seems as though if a player is english his value is treble that of a foreign player of equal if not better skill. Is he worth 24mill? Of course not but being English seems to boost this.

If you had a centre back with half the skill of Vidic you would be looking at a 20million striker. But the Serb himself was originally bought very cheaply. Look at Andy Johnson. Just scored his first league goal in 2 years and we bought him before he was injured but still amidst a drought of goals of 10 or 11 million. He's not worth that and anybody can see that but nationality plays a big part in the pricetag these days.

Duckman

Plus Villa are desperate.  Got to keep that in mind.  They absolutely NEED a goal scorer.

Peace

Duckman

Rob

MDK you just highlighted why Palace youths have gone for so much in recent years, to name a few; Bostock, Moses, Mullins, Gray, Routledge, Watson, Soares. They were British. They were moderately talented... For some reason that made them worth a lot of money...

Although still, none of them have done anything since leaving Palace and despite leaving, we still almost went bankrupt
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Duckman on January 18, 2011, 01:50:21 PM
Plus Villa are desperate.  Got to keep that in mind.  They absolutely NEED a goal scorer.

Peace

Duckman

I scored 7 goals at 5 aside last night and despite announcing my international retirement at the start of the year and being the wrong side of 30...I am sure me and Villa could cut a deal.

Still, I am sure you could net a few players for 24 million and a lot less donkey like than Darren Bent