News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

AVB the end...

Started by FXBlade, March 04, 2012, 10:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

it was only a matter of when not if..

Quote from: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7568339/Chelsea-axe-Villas-BoasChelsea have confirmed that manager Andre Villas-Boas has been sacked and that making a change was the club's 'only option'.

Good manager in Portugal, but never got hold of the Chelsea dressing room.

Rob

I'm not shocked...

Rafa or O'Neill?
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

Quote from: Rob on March 04, 2012, 10:43:40 AM
I'm not shocked...

Rafa or O'Neill?

O'neill only just gone to sunderland so highly doubtful.

Hiddink would have been my first choice but he has only just signed for FC Anzhi Makhachkala.

They wont pull any big names from anywhere at the moment, so will probably leave Di Matteo in charge until the summer

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Who have they brought in in the last few years let alone during this blokes reign to make him accountable. Its well documented he has a load of wankers to deal with from Klu Klux John, to Gun tooting Cole, to moody Lampard and Drogba all dressing room leaders and twats.

Added to that he inherited that waste of space Torres as well because Roman WANTED him in the club. Its shocking the way this guy has been treated. He was in a no win situation from day one. When will Chelsea and their supporters realize that its no longer a two horse/three horse race.

Shitty's money has propelled them to the contenders...Arsenal are always going to be kicking about and the revolution of Spurs has completely changed the Premiership make up in the last few years.

Honestly...its a crying shame this man has been sacked. It just proves once more to me players have more power than the guys managing them.

I hope he bounces back with another team and sticks it to Chelsea.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Insomnia

What shocks me is that they have a squad to rebuild and yet just spent a chunk of their summer funds on a huge severance fee. It's a total joke from my uneducated perspective. It's not even his side yet - he hasn't been allowed to implement HIS ideas. I think they will really regret it if he goes somewhere like Spurs. I can't see how they are going to stabilise, rebuild AND break even?  :-\ Big mistake, Chelsea.

Jerry McClean

I know it sucks he's gone and all...but I don't think he was ever the right appointment. Should NEVER have got rid of Carlo.

Quadzilla

My club is a joke.

Fucking livid about this.

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: CHAEL SONNEN on March 04, 2012, 05:15:50 PM
My club is a joke.

Fucking livid about this.

Yes they are.

Its a massive shame really, I mean I hate Chelsea with a passion, but going back to the days when Harding and Bates were at loggerheads over the club and they started to turn a real corner with the likes of Desailley, Vialli, Zola to name but three of the top of my head.

None of these players ever thought they were above the club as far as I can tell, but this current crop...

Terry is a thug and a piece of shit. I dont care what people say defending him because of his leadership. A good leader wouldnt bang his teammates wife and then call out a player for their race.

Cole is a money grubbing overrated twat who seriously lacks ANY sense in his off the field antics.

Lampard and Drogba...good players in their prime (the later being someone I would have liked to see pull on a United shirt), but are just horrendous in terms of team morale.

Chelsea to me is a prime example of a club where the Manager is less high profile than the Chairman. For all the faults at United in terms of the Glaziers or whats going on at City...you don't seem to hear a lot about them in terms of bad press etc.. Roman to me is exactly like that bloke in Scotland who owned (possibly still does) Hearts. It's about them and nobody else, the manager is a sideshow to their act and the players know that.

Fergie has always had a policy that no player is bigger than United for those with a limited amount of history in terms of football...Paul Ince...Jaap Stam...Ruud Van Nistelrooy...David Beckham...and Ronaldo have all learnt that. All fantastic players for United, but NONE bigger than the club.

I don't get that impression with Chelsea. I get the feeling that the players see themselves as untouchable and thats where the problem lies. Its also the veteran players who seem to think this and that has to be rubbing off on the younger players as well. A lack of stability.

The best thing for Chelsea would be for those four to retire in the next few seasons and allow someone to rebuild the club.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Smash INC

Horrible sacking and just goes to show what a shite club Chelsea are now.

Ian's said everything I would've said but with more class. Had I started on a tirade on Ashley Cunt we'd be here all day. Outside of that this goes to show how full of mercenaries the club is.

Cory

Quote from: Trumpers on March 04, 2012, 01:22:20 PM
Who have they brought in in the last few years let alone during this blokes reign to make him accountable. Its well documented he has a load of wankers to deal with from Klu Klux John, to Gun tooting Cole, to moody Lampard and Drogba all dressing room leaders and twats.

Added to that he inherited that waste of space Torres as well because Roman WANTED him in the club. Its shocking the way this guy has been treated. He was in a no win situation from day one. When will Chelsea and their supporters realize that its no longer a two horse/three horse race.

Shitty's money has propelled them to the contenders...Arsenal are always going to be kicking about and the revolution of Spurs has completely changed the Premiership make up in the last few years.

Honestly...its a crying shame this man has been sacked. It just proves once more to me players have more power than the guys managing them.

I hope he bounces back with another team and sticks it to Chelsea.

THIS

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Adam Wrong

I too feel for AVB because Roman wants all the power but none of the respinsibility hence he makes shit purchases of his own choosing and blames the manager when they don't play.

I feel the other club that have this trouble and it has scuppered them from genuine success for half a decade now is Steven Gerrard's Liverpool. Another club centred around one player off the pitch too. Ian said it right about Man Utd not ever having a player bigger than the club. I imagine if Rooney did the same, he would be turfed out too.

Liverpool have underachieved thanks to Gerrard who is so passionate about Liverpool, it has scuppered them. Chelsea have done the ame by pandering to the needs of Lampard, terry and Drogba who all should have made way a long time ago.

The best way to succeed with a club is to have what is essentially an understudy to play along with the big name for a season or so and then to remove the old guard for the new guy to take over. It looked like Chelsea were doing this with Sturridge, Luiz and Mata but too late IMO. This should have been done 2 or 3 seasons ago. Arsenal are the other end of the spectrum. They got rid of their key players before getting in an understudy and have spent a few seasons trying to rebuild. Viera went before they got somebody in. Same with Cesc.

Man Utd had Ronaldo for Beckham... then didn't really bring anyone in and paid the price for a while.

Man City don't have a figurehead and are an exception to this rule

Dorling

From the other side of the coin...

The guy had all of the arrogance of Mourinho without the results. He had a go at the fans for not supporting the team away from home, he never answered a straight question in an interview and he always said the world was against him. I never heard him compliment a team that had outplayed Chelsea, only slate the referee, fans, commentators etc.

For sure Chelsea have lacked class here, but AVB wasn't exactly stacked full of it himself and, I'm afraid, was just the wrong appointment from the get go.

Jerry McClean

I found it incredibly funny listening to a journalist talk about his sacking. He said that we'd all been incredibly naive to think that it had a CHANCE of working.

He'd given the restructuring job to someone who had been in the managing job for only 2 years and thus hadn't managed to gain too much respect which he obviously didn't have as a player.........He had worked at the club before in a role where he also didn't command respect.........And he wasn't even allowed to bring in any of his own backroom staff with him (well, the ones he had been working with at Porto anyway).........For some reason he then tried to rebuild from the front and not the back.

I'm kinda with him on that. I think we were all far too optimistic of thinking it would work with the past records of Roman on top of all that haha