News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2012 EPL Thread

Started by Cory, August 18, 2012, 12:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Fucking hell do we need some bite in midfield...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

I think Scholes and Cleverley is it? They played well, but Nani, Valencia and Young when he came on were so ineffective. And Kagawa looked so clumsy and too desperate to impress that he kept missing his team mates, especially Rooney who was contained very well.

Everton looked incredibly solid, especially at the back. One or two more signings to their midfield and they will prove why I think they will do very well this season
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

hahahahaha. Well the one positive of the weekend. Piers Morgan said it best, wonder if Michael Owen is upset RVP took his spot on the bench

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Adam Wrong

Piers morgan is a bitter goon.

Top of the league.

That is all

Jerry McClean

Quote from: Trumpers on August 20, 2012, 05:58:59 PM
Fucking hell do we need some bite in midfield...

Honestly, you just need some defenders to be fit again. Vidic couldn't cope with both Everton's strikers (if you count Fellaini as one as well). I was surprised Fergie didn't start Wooton. I know he's a youngster but surely a defender is better than a midfielder when it comes to central defence? Either way just got a bit bullied. But there's enough time to sort that out and the attacking options United have now are unreal

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Rob on August 20, 2012, 06:43:13 PM
I think Scholes and Cleverley is it? They played well, but Nani, Valencia and Young when he came on were so ineffective. And Kagawa looked so clumsy and too desperate to impress that he kept missing his team mates, especially Rooney who was contained very well.

Everton looked incredibly solid, especially at the back. One or two more signings to their midfield and they will prove why I think they will do very well this season

Kagawa I completely diagree on he was incredibly impressive. Nice touch, good through balls and for me was the best midfielder for United on the park.

Everton wanted it more. They played with heart and were tough. We looked weak as you like and I felt it was obvious we were playing two natural midfielders in defence during this one. With an unpredictable keeper in goal (depiste a good game) we need to look a lot more solid there.

Its about time we sold off Michael Carrick I think. Looking at the team we dont need him and we desperately need to add a quality rightback to compete with a fit Phil Jones. Just someone with bite in midfield as well is also a must.

Rob

You bought one more defender which you probably could've done with... From what I gather he is a left back??? Not too sure, but I agree Carrick has to go and Evans I don't think is good enough to play for United so a few more defensive signings would've been good, especially with Ferdinand being so injury prone lately..
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Rob on August 24, 2012, 10:56:57 AM
You bought one more defender which you probably could've done with... From what I gather he is a left back??? Not too sure, but I agree Carrick has to go and Evans I don't think is good enough to play for United so a few more defensive signings would've been good, especially with Ferdinand being so injury prone lately..

Yes a young Dutch lad named Buttner. He was suppose to go to Southampton I believe at one stage, but the deal collapsed. I dont see him as anything apart from the end of Fabio as Evra's deputy.

Evans I do believe has the quality to play for United he was quite solid in spells last season with Vidic. Though I am not convinced he would be my first choice to play alongside Vidic. Ferdinand is getting on a bit now in footballing terms and yes you are right, far too injury and twitter prone these days.

Cory

Still no one for Arsenal. Were gonna reinvest the RVP and Song money, get some Mr. Pibb cola dispensers for the Emirates or something.

Cory

Whats up with Dembele on Fulham? Great player, looked good today, but the announcers here were riding his jock the whole game. More on him then RVP.

Plus what a nasty gash of Rooneys leg

Duckman

I've heard that Rooney cut was fucking nasty.  Here's hoping we don't get the slow motion close up on MOTD tonight. 

Swansea looked great today.  Now there's a team that play good football.  Granted West Ham were beyond shit, but you can only beat what's in front of you and 3 goals and a display like that was excellent.  Very impressed early doors with Swansea, be interesting to see how they do against better sides.

Hazard for Chelsea is just unreal.  What a signing he's going to be.  Pace, skill, not afraid to shoot and best of all - not ball greedy and can pick out a team mate with a pass.

The Chelsea machine could be pretty dominating this season if they get some momentum going.

Looking forward to Liverpool v City tomorrow.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Fantasy wise hard for me to say about Swansea. Michu and Dyer have played phenomenal, but I mean QPR and WHU aren't the toughest matchups by a long shot....but I always like seeing a smaller team excell.

Rob.B

Great win for Chelsea today, Torres looks to be back to scoring regularly and Hazard is fucking immense.

Rob.B

Adam Wrong

Dembele played classy football today and was pleased with how we played. Don't get the over embrace of Dembele especially to the detriment of Fulham as though he is the standout only player in the team. And the Real thing was a bloody rumour but Fox commentators jumped all over it like it was gospel

Kagawa played brilliantly. Ruiz missed an open fucking goal and I am beginning to despair of him.