News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

American Sports Fans... HELP PLEASE

Started by Rob, October 24, 2014, 05:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

So, rather worryingly it seems the sale of Crystal Palace to Josh Harris of Apollo Global Management is nearly complete. I've only heard about this today but Bloomberg are reporting it as if it's fact. So this is the guy that owns New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers...

The article can be found  here

What I'm wondering is what's your perspective on how those franchises are doing? Are they well invested? Are they successful? Is another American about to come to the EPL and drain the club of what makes it special?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Can't speak to the 76ers....but the Devils were ran excellently in the late 90s early 00s, arguably the top franchise in hockey during that time....they havent done so hot over the last 5 years, only one real peak year. Now I dont know if he owned them during that time frame, but if so looked to be a good organization to me,.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

He has only owned the Devils for one year. And the 76ers for 3. The sixers are attempting to build something.

The TeeJ of Philly

As a Sixers fan, I'm happy with the way Harris and co. are running things. They believe in more new-age ways to build teams. Hands off so far, they've let the GM handle how we build. We're tanking to improve our chances at getting good players, which isn't going to translate to EPL since you guys don't have salary caps or drafts, but they hire people who are doing different things to build teams, can't tell you if that's a good thing or not yet, too early to tell in the Sixers building process to make a judgement.

Outside of the court, they have played off the rich history of the Sixers franchise getting Dr. J, Moses Malone, World B. Free, and other franchise greats to come back and attend games and be apart of the organization somehow, which is awesome to see as it was neglected for a while.

Rob

Well, that does sound good. That sounds exactly how I'd want someone to run my club, build it into something rather than just throw money at it.

I'm just not sure how I feel supporting a club owned by a billionaire. It's never happened to me before lol.
SixersEagles

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

The 76ers are alright, the Devils were big last decade but haven't had the influx of new talent they really need this decade.

Krazy

The 76rs were amazing in the late 70's and early 80's. Granted they have taken a tumble but sometimes a better owner can pull a time out of the rut.

Rob

I was more interested in how they've performed since Harris became owner rather than what they did in the 70s and 80s ;)
SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

honest think you in good shape ... 76ers are young team  working to rebuild , have not heard anything bad about management . Devils is a well run franchise , has been for a while.  American going to come in and want to win and will do what he can to make that happen.

now don't know if that going to be a good thing or bad thing ... is the EPL different in the way they build teams compare to the american leagues...   
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

This has reared it's head again, some are saying it's been completed already and won't be announced until the end of the season!
SixersEagles

[/center]