News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Blackpool promoted to Premier League

Started by Duckman, May 23, 2010, 07:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Amazing game and a real surprise with Blackpool winning to gain promotion to the Premier League.

They're going to get gang raped next season but still, hell of an achievment for them and it'll be great to see Ian Holloway on MOTD!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

Based purely on the amount of goals Cardiff scored this season, they probably deserved to go up, but yeah as you say, it was an amazing game. First half was fucking good and second half had a lot of great one touch football. Both played like Premiership teams I think, and they've had to this season against the likes of West Brom and Newcastle who are practically Premiership teams anyway.
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

Well, they won.  Im not sure if they deserve to be there or not.  They scraped into the playoffs, but they won them.  The better team won on the day and I have seen bigger upsets.

The thing that annoys me though is the fact they have a 13500 seater stadium.  That is diabolical,

Flins.

The FA will make them improve the stadium and i have read somewhere that they have plans to extend to 17,500. Or its been in the works but needed the funding.

Duckman

The curse of the team finishing 4th - making it to the play off final and then losing in the final continues! 

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

FXBlade

Just been watching Sky Sports News adnt ehy think the new stand will be ready for the start of the season pushing it to 16000.  It isn't too bad considering Wigan only had an average attendance of 17500.

However, there is rumour of them having a ground share with either Bolton, Blackburn or Burnley which i believe kinda defeats the object of them having their own ground.  it would be a shame to force them to play at grounds that aren't their "home".  But on the other hand "IF" they could sell 25000 tickets a game, the revenue would help their financial status alot more.

Duckman

Not a chance the Premier League are going to let them ground share.  They just don't give those kind of allowances these days.

Considering places like Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn are half empty most of the time I don't see what the issue is with Blackpool.  They'll sell out every home game next season.

Peace

Duckman

FXBlade

In a way I hope they do stay at Bloomfield road.  It turns the away day match into a lads weekend in blackpool.  Priceless.

Rob

No point building a stadium considering they'll only be there for a year. They've managed to sell out most home games this year. I was lucky enough to go and see Palace vs Blackpool at Bloomfield, we got a draw but their support was bloody good. I was hoping we'd thrash them like we did at Selhurst but they play very nice football. I don't know, I don't seem them lasting long, but saying that they're a very different side to Burnley, so they may be somewhat a surprise package! We'll see!

I don't see Newcastle going back down so I'm going to hazard a guess and say that next season, West Ham, Wigan and Blackpool will go down.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

West Brom Wolves and Blackpool for the drop - grats to Blackpool though

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

Wolves won't go down. If things look bad in January they will just put 11 men behind the ball for the rest of the season like they did this year and draw their way out of trouble. I think Wigan, West Brom and Blackpool will go down. I think Wigan should be docked points for letting in so many goals this season anyway.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

From a locality point of view I was desperate a few seasons ago to see Bristol go up and then to see Cardiff faulter as well is sad. Cardiff could be a team if they go up who could really expand their fanbase if in the Premiership.

Also I think some of you might remember me and a couple of mates went to see Exter and Charlton last season. Funnily, my mate was taking some live footage on his blackberry when Exeter scored! Ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExNZsFAdaVw

Now this is why going to some of the shittier clubs in the land can be very entertaining. I have been to Wembley quite a few times...seen United play there a few times as well in Cup Finals and Charity Shields. Hell, I have seen England play there. Been to Old Trafford and been in the Theatre of Dreams...but there is something about lower league football that guys like Cory and other non British folks should really try and embrace. Passion at its most raw form for football.

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Kirk

I used to watch Wolves as a lower league team and loved going but now that they are Premier League I can't watch them anymore because it would feel like I was cheating on United... with a much more ugly and cheap team.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

Quote from: Ian on May 27, 2010, 08:42:21 AM
of Dreams...but there is something about lower league football that guys like Cory and other non British folks should really try and embrace. Passion at its most raw form for football.

Millwall FTW!

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE