News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The OOC Thread

Started by Mike Powers, January 06, 2015, 10:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Spike will never work for me.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Strike

Quote from: Stoner on March 02, 2015, 11:26:19 PM
Spike will never work for me.

Disliking pancakes...

HE'S GONE TOO FAR, MAN!

Stoner

I DIDN'T EVEN ASK HIM ABOUT PANCAKES!  I ASKED ABOUT WAFFLES!  INSULTING PANCAKES WAS JUST TOO FAR MAN, TOO FAR!

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

T-Bonizzle

Man, so I pretty much got 1/4 of the country to myself...

Strike

Quote from: T-Lover on March 02, 2015, 11:37:45 PM
Man, so I pretty much got 1/4 of the country to myself...

I'm personally surprised Tritch didn't go to NYC right off the bat. >_>

Stoner

Well once I knew I was going to get to choose I knew I was going straight for Houston.

Midas

QuoteThis comes out of the "incentives" budget.

I did not see this in my thread but in others with regards to the city you choose... I assume this applies to all clubs?

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Midas on March 03, 2015, 12:16:57 AM
I did not see this in my thread but in others with regards to the city you choose... I assume this applies to all clubs?

Word

Midas

I would like to ask a question... I am learning this thing and am curious about something.

I am noticing that some teams are signing guys to 3 year deals worth about 3 million a year and other teams are signing guys to like 3 year deals worth 4 million for the entire contract. Is this accurate or am I wrong? Some people are saying "3 Years for 3.5 Million" which I presume to mean for the entire 3 years while others are saying "I want to sign you for 3 years with 3 Million a year"

I ask because I am keeping track of everything as I try to find my footing and don't want to make a mistake. Is it just a matter of some people not being as wise with their budget?

Stoner

Yes and no.  The big thing is some trainers are going to be better at BEING trainers than others.  The only indication of trainer-capabilities we have right now are Experience and Background.  For example Samuel Flannery has 24 years of experience as a wrestler.  That would make him likely worth more than Kevin Douglas, who has no experience as a head trainer and is a fitness expert.

Currently, since we don't know how actually good the trainers are, low numbers for both years and amount of money are best bets.

Midas

Quote from: Stoner on March 03, 2015, 08:46:42 AM
Yes and no.  The big thing is some trainers are going to be better at BEING trainers than others.  The only indication of trainer-capabilities we have right now are Experience and Background.  For example Samuel Flannery has 24 years of experience as a wrestler.  That would make him likely worth more than Kevin Douglas, who has no experience as a head trainer and is a fitness expert.

Currently, since we don't know how actually good the trainers are, low numbers for both years and amount of money are best bets.

I understand... This is not a knock at anyone but I look at Phillip Audley with 37 years experience and he gets signed by Denve to a 3 year 4 million dollar deal while Monica White gets signed to Seattle to a 1 year 5 million dollar deal while she only has 5 years experience and it is Legal experience.

Seattle and Denver are 21 and 22 on the list so I don't see much of a market difference so is it safer to say that Monica is over paid or Philip is underpaid?

I am not criticizing anyones deal I am just trying to understand. It looked as if Rob made a high ball offer to his trainer and she took it.

Goldferg

Actually I think you'll find Rob's trainer high balled him and Rob accepted because otherwise he'd have to hire a filthy American as she was the only non-american coach left on the board
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Midas

Quote from: Goldferg on March 03, 2015, 08:59:16 AM
Actually I think you'll find Rob's trainer high balled him and Rob accepted because otherwise he'd have to hire a filthy American as she was the only non-american coach left on the board

Makes total sense.. Like I said I am not judging anyone I am just trying to gather my thoughts and learn... But yeah it seems like you can either blow out your budget or be cost conscious...  Like when choosing Chicago as my town I was like 8 MILLION DOLLAR come on man as if I was actually spending money lol

T-Bonizzle

Every character has different needs.

Rob

Also the one year deal has very little risk. I genuinely liked what she said a lot, I found it very sensible and it matched up with all my requirements. At this stage we don't know shit about any of the coaches so she could be the best one while the one that's been dropped on his head for 20+ years could be the worst.

The reason I went $5m for 1 year is because at the end of the year if it doesn't work out I've only got her for one year and you enjoy got an actual risk for 4 years, especially if he turns out to be an idiot.

With where the game is I don't think there's a wrong and right way of handling trainers. Except for Reya
SixersEagles

[/center]