Main Menu

The OOC Thread

Started by Mike Powers, January 06, 2015, 10:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Damn...I keep missing all the action.

T-Bonizzle

Tritch

Yeah same here. Schedules are opposite lol. Bummer.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Rob

I keep getting phone notifications at 7am that there's been a thread reply and I NEED to reply :P

When Ian's updating FBL at 1am it makes it rather tiring haha
SixersEagles

[/center]

Midas

Before the draft is it possible to trade away a higher pick to another team for cash? If yes then which budget will it come out of?

If we are allowed to trade away our picks do we contact the club president in their clubs thread?

Justin

Quote from: Midas on March 04, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
Before the draft is it possible to trade away a higher pick to another team for cash? If yes then which budget will it come out of?

If we are allowed to trade away our picks do we contact the club president in their clubs thread?

I highly doubt you can trade for cash. You can only trade players and picks.

Midas

Quote from: JustinP on March 04, 2015, 03:42:01 PM
I highly doubt you can trade for cash. You can only trade players and picks.

Yeah that is why I asked... Since the incentive budget is used for whatever I thought it might be possible but you never know unless you ask.

Tritch

Yeah generally you can only trade picks and players. There will likely be a "Trade Discussions" thread made when trading becomes an option, and you can discuss things like that there or through PM etc

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Justin

Quote from: Midas on March 04, 2015, 03:44:21 PM
Yeah that is why I asked... Since the incentive budget is used for whatever I thought it might be possible but you never know unless you ask.

Yep, always better to ask. You never know, Mike might allow to trade for cash.

T-Bonizzle

Game is not exactly the same as FBL. Characters have been way more patient. What Pancho is doing would get him fired in FBL...

Midas

Quote from: T-Lover on March 04, 2015, 04:00:04 PM
Game is not exactly the same as FBL. Characters have been way more patient. What Pancho is doing would get him fired in FBL...

Can you elaborate? I cannot speak for Pancho but for myself I am trying to find my footing and knowing what you mean by that will help.

T-Bonizzle

When Mike posts we're interacting with a character right? My comparison to FBL is that characters in FBL don't have a lot of patience. You dealt with this briefly on that one coaching candidate who walked out on you.  don't pretend to know how Mike will handle his character's tendencies. Character tendencies in FBL is that everyone is on a short fuse. For example last season Steven did a press conference and forgot to congratulate one of his players for making the All-star team. That player immediately demanded a trade, and there was nothing he could do about it. Does that seem over the top to a reasonable person? Yes, but that's how the style of game works.

Mike Powers

Quote from: JustinP on March 04, 2015, 06:57:30 AM
Damn...I keep missing all the action.
Quote from: T-Lover on March 04, 2015, 07:31:29 AM
Me too.
Quote from: Tritch on March 04, 2015, 09:14:47 AM
Yeah same here. Schedules are opposite lol. Bummer.

My schedule is erratic, as I work evenings sometimes, and overnights other times.  For those that don't know, I am an RN at a hospital, and put in 40+ hours a week there.  Sometimes (especially during overnights) there tends to be some free time to update threads.  Not always.  The time I have on my days off are dictated by what I'm doing with my wife that day. 

Long story short due to my sleep/work/life schedule, expect my "hot times" for updating to be in the evenings, into the night Eastern time (roughly 8pm-3amish).  Some early afternoon updates will likely occur, but with less regularity.  Expect few to no updates during the morning (again, Eastern Time)

I know you guys weren't complaining, I just thought I'd give everyone a heads up as to what to expect.  I'm fairly relaxed, so I won't get annoyed if it takes a while for everything to get done, if timing doesn't work out between me and a player.

Quote from: Midas on March 04, 2015, 03:35:39 PM

You CAN trade for cash!  This would come from the incentives budget.  More details to come!

Quote from: T-Lover on March 04, 2015, 04:00:04 PM

Characters are patient right now, but that is because it is quite early.  Mistakes are being forgiven (misspellings in the contracts, calling people wrong names, etc...) so that everyone gets an idea of where the lines are, and what is expected.  Do NOT expect this leniency to last indefinitely.

Mike Powers

Elaborating on the last point.....yes, some things that are going on in the threads would get you run out of an FBL team (Stoner and his breakfast fixation, Pancho living the gimmick, etc...), but remember this is NOT the FBL.  Similar structure and form, yes.  But I am not aiming this to be an exact clone of Ian, or anyone else's, game.  Wrestling is over the top, and feel free to have fun with things.  Just know that, at some point, things may backfire on you.

Midas

Quote from: T-Lover on March 04, 2015, 04:17:15 PM
When Mike posts we're interacting with a character right? My comparison to FBL is that characters in FBL don't have a lot of patience. You dealt with this briefly on that one coaching candidate who walked out on you.  don't pretend to know how Mike will handle his character's tendencies. Character tendencies in FBL is that everyone is on a short fuse. For example last season Steven did a press conference and forgot to congratulate one of his players for making the All-star team. That player immediately demanded a trade, and there was nothing he could do about it. Does that seem over the top to a reasonable person? Yes, but that's how the style of game works.

I see what you are saying... So what happened with me is far more common in FBL. I thought you were possibly referring to how quickly people were signing their staff without much interaction.

@Mike Powers... Thank you for the clarification!