Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The OOC Thread

Started by Mike Powers, January 06, 2015, 10:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

This is going to be fun.

Stoner

What have you done Justin?  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Now everyone is going to want to raise their pay lol.  Dammit, I was so proud(and slightly terrified) of how smooth my negotiations were overall too.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Strike

Quote from: Stoner on March 28, 2015, 12:31:20 AM
What have you done Justin?  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Now everyone is going to want to raise their pay lol.  Dammit, I was so proud(and slightly terrified) of how smooth my negotiations were overall too.

I left some cushioning on my side in case something like this did pop up.

Mike Powers

In case anyone is wondering, it is the 1st and 2nd rounders that are gonna require renegotiation at this point......except for Bone, because he's locked in!

Strike

Quote from: Mike Powers on March 28, 2015, 12:53:44 AM
In case anyone is wondering, it is the 1st and 2nd rounders that are gonna require renegotiation at this point.

Makes sense.

Stoner

Quote from: Strike on March 28, 2015, 12:31:59 AM
I left some cushioning on my side in case something like this did pop up.

Same here.  Although I'm close to breaking the bank on this one.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Midas

@Mikey...

I presume that not everyone who went undrafted signed with the CWA?

I assume that if we want to do any scouting for the remainder we can do so now?

I assume that those who signed with the CWA are off limits?

Sgt. Josh Underpants

* Sgt. Josh Underpants shanks Justin

Asshole
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Midas on March 28, 2015, 02:26:56 AM
@Mikey...

I presume that not everyone who went undrafted signed with the CWA?

I assume that if we want to do any scouting for the remainder we can do so now?

I assume that those who signed with the CWA are off limits?

1 - At the end of the draft thread, there is a list of wrestlers who went undrafted.  Everyone on that list, that was not named in the Dirt Sheet story, is a free agent.

2 -  Yes.

3 - You can try to approach James Hollis to make a deal.  I can't tell you how that will work out for you though....

Midas

Quote from: Mike Powers on March 28, 2015, 02:30:41 AM
1 - At the end of the draft thread, there is a list of wrestlers who went undrafted.  Everyone on that list, that was not named in the Dirt Sheet story, is a free agent.

2 -  Yes.

3 - You can try to approach James Hollis to make a deal.  I can't tell you how that will work out for you though....

Well may I ask a hypothetical question... Let's presume that a renegotiation cannot be had... Can the contract be mutually voided by both parties and the wrestler become a free agent?

How would I approach Jame Hollis? Ask my assistant to get a hold of him? Would I have to have a vacant spot on my roster before I could open negotiations with Hollis for a wrestler?

Mike Powers

Quote from: Midas on March 28, 2015, 02:33:10 AM
Well may I ask a hypothetical question... Let's presume that a renegotiation cannot be had... Can the contract be mutually voided by both parties and the wrestler become a free agent?

How would I approach Jame Hollis? Ask my assistant to get a hold of him? Would I have to have a vacant spot on my roster before I could open negotiations with Hollis for a wrestler?

1 - If your wrestler walks out on you, 1 of 2 things will happen.  He will either demand a trade, or he will leave TCW and go to the CWA.  One way you get something, the other way you are left with nothing.

2 - You'd ask your assistant to get James Hollis on the line for you.  You can negotiate anything you want, but before you SIGN a wrestler to a contract, you need to have an open spot.  If you already have a full roster, then post a contract for a 9th, bad things will happen.

Midas

Quote from: Mike Powers on March 28, 2015, 02:43:39 AM
1 - If your wrestler walks out on you, 1 of 2 things will happen.  He will either demand a trade, or he will leave TCW and go to the CWA.  One way you get something, the other way you are left with nothing.

2 - You'd ask your assistant to get James Hollis on the line for you.  You can negotiate anything you want, but before you SIGN a wrestler to a contract, you need to have an open spot.  If you already have a full roster, then post a contract for a 9th, bad things will happen.

Well at least I know now what I can do... Thanks

Adam Wrong

As a casual watcher, surely those who do not honour their contract would have to pay a severance deal to the employer otherwise the contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Contracts are there to protect both employer and employee no?

Mike Powers

Not how it works in these games my friend.  I'm sure you'll see the same thing happen in the FBL at some point this season.  If I remember correctly, in the FBL Scott Cunningham signed a big deal with his original team (the Diamonds), then got pissed that his best friend was traded.  He quit the FBL, and joined the Super League.  Just a day or so later, he returned to the FBL to play for Baton Rouge (I think?) with his BFF Bobby Chang.

TL;DR - Contracts favor the house.

T-Bonizzle

I will future deal it was late last night when I finished the lock in post