News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Premiere Fight Club (Denver)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

If you found a way to get rid of Carlson, sign a better talent, AND mitigate the financial cost of these moves....I'd be a much happier guy.   

Strike

I'll see what I can do, boss. Thanks for your time.

------------------

Mrs. Johnson, if anybody needs to see me, I'll be in the office for a little bit figuring some stuff out before the lock-in. Tell 'em to knock.

Mike Powers

A KNOCK IS HEARD ON YOUR OFFICE DOOR

Strike

Mike Powers

Hi boss, I don't think we've been properly introduced.  Emanuel Carlson here.  I just wanted to come up here and personally thank you for standing by me, even though I know I've been pretty rough in the ring.  I know that I've been giving the training staff headaches while they try to get me up to speed.  But you've given me the opportunity to provide a real future for my disabled twin daughters.  After their mom and grandmom died in the ferris wheel accident, I've been looking for something to hold onto.  This team, and my new family here, has become it.

Thank you.   

Strike

Well, isn't that...something. It's definitely a something.

Tell me Emmanuel, what did you do before deciding that you...wanted to try at this whole professional wrestling industry of ours?

Mike Powers

I played some college ball...I was a safety...then started with a little bit of boxing before training for a wrestling career.   

Strike

Okay, so you've got some speed and a bit of a pugilist background. Wrestling wise, have you been using any of these aspects to your advantage?

Mike Powers

Strike

I'll be honest with you, Emmanuel. Something's gotta give, at one point. We are in this to win it all and effort can only do so much - hell, there's a similar situation over with a gentlemen at the Shoot Club who came off the street and is already making strides for that team. But I also understand that learning curves are different. By all means, continue to work with the coaches and continue learning. You'll get to observe up some of the best wrestlers alive right now up close from the bench over the next two weeks while McNabb recovers from his concussion. Take advantage of that and keep learning.

Mike Powers

I'll work hard, no doubt boss.  For you, for me, and for the triplets. 

Strike

I'll let you get going, Emmanuel. On your way back, can you grab Coaches Audley and Brown to see me?

----------------------------

Coaches, thank you for the quick stop before we get our stuff under way for next week - Carlson just got done introducing himself to me and whatnot. Honest opinion on the guy - and yes, I am aware this might be interpreted as a "stupid question" - is there any potential for growth at all?

Mike Powers

I don't wanna be too tough on the guy but....let's just say that he has the same odds of being a Champ in this business as you do of winning the Powerball.

I don't like writing people off entirely.  I believe everyone has potential, even if it is buried deeper in some than others.  That said, this guy stinks.  He is bad at.....well, everything.  It'll take a lot of work, and time to crack that nut boss. 

Strike

That's the feeling I got out of it as well. Good kid, nice intentions but in this business, it's a dog-eat-dog kind of world. For the next two weeks while McNabb's out, we'll have him on the bench - have him watch, pay attention, maybe learn a thing or two. But worse comes to worse, I'll make the tough decision and whatnot on my side. I appreciate the candidness. Also, the Rebellion should be a far tougher match than they would have been a few weeks ago. That new GM of theirs seems to have gotten them running on a similar page. What do you think of our odds against them, Coaches?

Mike Powers

They're difficult to gameplan for.  President Ace stated that he'll be shuffling their lineup over the next few weeks, so until they announce who they are starting, we won't know who our guys are facing.

They've always had talent over there, just no leadership.  Given time, they could be scary.